shirataki noodles anyone?

Just read all of this thread and im really craving noodles now! Lol. Im going to order some tomorrow.
Curvygirlie- is the Blue Dragon sauce aloud or did you just have it as a one off?. I love those sauces!

samjay123 said:
Just read all of this thread and im really craving noodles now! Lol. Im going to order some tomorrow.
Curvygirlie- is the Blue Dragon sauce aloud or did you just have it as a one off?. I love those sauces!

There's a great recipe for chili sauce in thread titled "updated often." I use Blue Dragon normally but her recipe was yum!! Check it out as it's allowed on DD.

Jess, 30 bags? Where on earth do u store them- aren't they meant to be kept in the fridge?

I have to agree with what you said, they do make you feel like you're eating 'normally'. The frittata I made with them today felt as far away from Dukan as possible! Feel so much better for it - psychologically IYKWIM. :)

Yes you can.

I've just ordered 20 bags from zero noodles today. 20% discount off my order. Even with higher postage is still cheaper than lowcarbmegastore. :)

Ordered mine on Tuesday, and they should be here tomorrow - I am curious to find out what they are like. Also tried the local Chinese (on Causewayend - Aberdeen Dukaneers take note) supermarket, and they had never heard of them.
As I brought from the low carb superstore, also got SF pancake syrup and caramel syrup. I wish someone would come up with the Dukan banana.....

Heres hoping!

Tessa

I'm intrigued to try these! Will need to order and see although worry they'll tempt me back to carbs! X

Japanese specialty food stores sell them rather than Chinese...

Jess, 30 bags? Where on earth do u store them- aren't they meant to be kept in the fridge?

Hi CG... they're kept at room tempature so they stay in a box in my utility room. No prob :)

I got mine from zero noodles too - they don't have the same smell as the authentic shirataki noodles from Japanese import places... the rinsing is negligible with ZN (and no complaining from the kitchen gallery about "what's that horrible smell??" like the other ones :))

Look out for specials from ZN - got some good deals last year via email.

Just found another tip from the tinterweb... and it works!!

The noodles can be dry roasted. It really dries them out and rids them of their gloopyiness making the noodles have a more pasta like consistency.

Dry roasting is done by placing noodles in a non-stick pan on high for a couple of minutes or until you hear a slight squeaking noise when moving them around. After that they are ready to be added to soup stock or have a sauce added to them.

I've just done this prior to adding them to my stirfry- definitely an improvement :)

Curvygirlie, thanks for sharing the tip about roasting the noodles. I did it this this evening and it did make a difference. I roasted them before putting them in my stir fry with beef strips. Really satisfying!

I think I too will have to order more. What a difference it makes on a pp!

it's good to share...:D

yes I believe Zero Noodles also do a low cal, low carb rice.

let us know how you find it if you decide to try some ;)

Back