Shock therapy works!!!!

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Yep good ok'd shock therapy works.... Bump into a friends today haven't seen her since beginning of last year... Baring in mind I hadn't long had my daughter but even so....
Well she's a fitness instructor and went along to a class and she was like "your looking well you lost weight, your no where near as big as you used to be"

Shooooooooocking!!! Lol
Ok I know she meant it in a nice way and that I've lost weight and looking good for it but me personally I look just as big in clothes as I did 2 stone heavier - I've not really made that much of a dent to warrant a "your nowhere as big as you used to be" comment
Now I'm totally driven to rid myself of all this fat---- clearly I am big and people do notice it they just don't say - shock therapy defo works for me

Anyone else had comments like that ? Those that make you say right that's it - fat it's time for you to jog on

Keeps rolling round in my head... Weight needs to come off quicker now for sure

Thats happened to me,

good luck, i really hope you make it, as your a loveley person who helps everyone else, but now you need to concentrate on you

When i look at phots of when i was over 13stones, it makes me want to be sick. Cant believe i used to think i wasnt overweight

Hi Laura, the worst one that happened to me was last autumn when I saw one of my cousins who I hadn't seen for a few years. After she had had a few drinks she blurted out "My god, haven't you put some weight on, what on earth have you been eating!" I didn't know what to say, talk about a reality check!

I have always known I'm over weight and there's days where I feel disgusted but then I actually look in the mirror well used to look in the mirror and think na you look good girl (what te hell was I thinking)!! Anyway I've realised now and believe you me it's not going to keep bein like that.... I will get to the point where I can say I look good and it's not becoz I've got the blinkers on lol

Thanks Tom - your awesome your daily email always keeps me on the straight and narrow babe xx

Faxman said:
Hi Laura, the worst one that happened to me was last autumn when I saw one of my cousins who I hadn't seen for a few years. After she had had a few drinks she blurted out "My god, haven't you put some weight on, what on earth have you been eating!" I didn't know what to say, talk about a reality check!

Had one of those today- it's now taunting me- but I'm doing well and have some fantastic support

How are you getting on taxman?

You've just reminded me to weigh in, Laura!
I am back under 14 stone at 13st and 13lbs.
Have taken some measurements as well, maybe I will post them on here to keep myself accountable.

Faxman said:
You've just reminded me to weigh in, Laura!
I am back under 14 stone at 13st and 13lbs.
Have taken some measurements as well, maybe I will post them on here to keep myself accountable.

Well done you!!! That's awesome

Defo keep measurements sometimes they move before the actually lbs so always great to compare x

I am doing a lot of exercise at present, running twice a week and working out with weights at the gym so I reckon measurements might be a good guide for me.
I did my waist (104cm) and thighs (62/64cm) as they are the areas where I reckon I am carrying too much fat.
I read that for good health men should have a waist under 94cm, how much weight do you reckon I will need to lose to get there?

Faxman said:
I am doing a lot of exercise at present, running twice a week and working out with weights at the gym so I reckon measurements might be a good guide for me.
I did my waist (104cm) and thighs (62/64cm) as they are the areas where I reckon I am carrying too much fat.
I read that for good health men should have a waist under 94cm, how much weight do you reckon I will need to lose to get there?

I'm not entirely sure.... You can lose inches without losing weight as such.... Typically I think 2 inches is roughly around a stone ?? But this changes on people with different builds and the smaller you are the closer the changes get...
Keep plugging at it Hun sounds like your doing a great Job x

So if 2 inches (about 5cm) is around a stone that would mean that 2 stone would see me at around 94 cm. I was thinking of aiming for 12 stone anyway, though the nurse at my local doctors said I should be more like 11 and a half, this seems a bit light to me at 5ft 10.

Faxman said:
So if 2 inches (about 5cm) is around a stone that would mean that 2 stone would see me at around 94 cm. I was thinking of aiming for 12 stone anyway, though the nurse at my local doctors said I should be more like 11 and a half, this seems a bit light to me at 5ft 10.

Yeh at 11 you might look small but my oh is 5.10 and is 11 stone but his a skinny hit reality but suits him

See how it goes Hun sometimes numbers are annoying and your best to go to where your comfortable xx

Back