Shocked, Appalled and Disgusted!

Well after trying every diet known to mankind I encountered CD purely by accident and lost an impressive five stone on it. That was last November. Now it's May and I've put two stone back on after eating like a vociferous swine for a couple of months. I feel disgusted that I have allowed myself to do this after doing so well. I personally ended up quite ill on CD so it's no longer an option, therefore I will be embarking on WW points. I am back up to 21st12 and feel like I am staring a humungous abyss in the face, I can not possibly imagine that I can doddle on losing a couple of pounds a week when I was losing about 5 on CD. However, we can only do what we can do so I will have to do WW and like it! How does anyone with such a massive amount of weight to lose manage it? I guess if we knew that we'd all be thin eh?! Anyway, I need lots of support and think that this forum is superb so hello and thanks to all who help in this battle!

Welcome and good luck with WW :)

You will need lots of luck and determination - good luck :). I'm in EXACTLY the same situation you're in now.

The element I am struggling the most with is that it seems such a colossal amount to lose. It's not exactly a few pounds, it's equivalent to a whole person to lose!! The times I tell my self that it's about eating when I know full well that it's about a whole new way of life! I am not lazy and I understand the whole debacle of weight loss so how the hell did I ever allow myself to get to over 21st? :eek:

Welcome

It is a long way to go, but you CAN do it. The first step is to stop feeling disgusted with yourself and start liking and encouraging yourself.
Good luck.

The element I am struggling the most with is that it seems such a colossal amount to lose. It's not exactly a few pounds, it's equivalent to a whole person to lose!! The times I tell my self that it's about eating when I know full well that it's about a whole new way of life! I am not lazy and I understand the whole debacle of weight loss so how the hell did I ever allow myself to get to over 21st? :eek:

I am totally with you on this question as well hun and many of us on here :hug99:

What I have learnt though is that beating ourselves up about it just causes a bigger negative, downward spiral and then more eating :rolleyes::(

Channel your frustration now into just getting on with it and celebrate the fact that you are back in control and amongst friends who understand :D

Thank you :) I think I'll need it :cry:

*hugs* Its only scary if you let it be. Atleast your doing somthing about it, you should be proud of yourself for seizing the oppurtunity to help yourself and for taking it head on. You'v done fantastic before, and if you can do CD, god knows that takes determination, then you can do anything.. clearly CD wasnt for you, but if you can accept and stable and steady, maintainable weightloss then you will be fine. I think you'l do fab, and if you enter in to it with an open mind, you can do anything.

I think you'l be fab, with some good support and confidence, youl be at target before you know it.. and keep it off!

I really do wish you all the best

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww thanks to all of you! I am probably the fattest person on here and that is shameful! I think what I have lacked in the past is support, I have never been to meetings etc and my friend was a CD counsellor and at my own request just left me to it! So I hope that getting off my ass and to a weekly meeting will make the difference! Plus this forum is a great help, you're all brill LOL!! :D

Honestly dont be so silly! at the end of the day, no matter how much those numbers show on those scales or the size shown on our clothes tags, we have all felt at some point, the biggest one in the room! and it doesnt help when youv been blissfully unaware or convieniantly ignoring it.. and then get a sudden shock.. Im sure we can all say the same.. and i wont lie, i was more shocked at my weight on my weigh in.. and i dont bring this up when i first tell everyone how i started sw, but.. when i first joined, i took a friend.. and she weighed in at, 21 stone 12 pounds. Shes 18 ... i count myself lucky for taking control when i did, because it could have been so much worse by now!

and do you know what, she paid to join with me.. and then never ever came again. She doenst bother speaking to me anymore, and i think shes embarressed.. because she could have lost twice as much as me by now, and she decided to let her health deteriate and her weight increase. Her mum had even already lost 10 stone on the plan and she knew 4 people in the group already, aswell as the consultant, she had all the support in the world.. and i fought it out on my own..

I really respect you for doing what you are doing. Taking hold of your life and taking responsibility, .. and i honestly believe that all you need is support! and confidence in yourself to do it *hugs* i think you'l do fab!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi and welcome, have you flound the ww sub forum yet-loads of people on there with a wealth of knowledge and experience.
I dont have as much as you to loose (and i dont mean that rudely!) but i have struggled since before christmas so i do understand the wanting to loose the weight but its all too slow. I have found it really helps to break it down into smaller chunks rather than think of the total you have to loose. My goal for the end of may was to be 190 or under and i have 1 lb to loose this week to get there, which has felt easier than thinking i want to loose 3 stone by august.
Good luck and come visit us on the ww section

I haven't been to a WW meeting or anything yet so haven't got a clue if I'm doing right! Not a clue how many points I should be on or anything! Arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

ps thanks AGAIN to you all!!

Ask Starlight to point you in the direction of a thread that gives helps you calculate your point allocation.

Back