Shocked how many syns are in red wine

jellyjem

Does anyone save their syns for alcohol ? I really enjoy my bottle of wine on a Saturday night and don't want to give it up but I'm really shocked how many syns it is.

If Im really strict with myself all week can I save my syns up for Saturday night and still loose?

Hiya! This is also something I struggle with but with white wine. I do find that if I have a bottle of wine my losses are lower than the weeks when I don't. However, my mum drinks wine every night (not to excess, just a glass or two) and we can easily finish off a fair amount of wine between us on the weekends and she's managed to lose weight and get to target without changing her drinking habits. She doesn't use many syns so it's possible that what she does drink is within her syn value for the week but I think it varies from person to person. My problem is the snacking after the drinking, which is where I blow it but I had a bottle of wine last week and managed to lose 1.5lbs. Maybe give it a go and if you find you're struggling to lose, that would probably be the thing to look at first :)

I agree with Gunkalunka. The wine defo slows down weight loss. Reading the sw website its better to go overboard on dyns than give up on the plan. Having said that maybe having one or two drinks more often
Would work better. I am going to try it mabe four nights then three alcohol free.

Back