Shocked into action!!

Cacee

I have been on and off this forum and also used My Fitness Pal for a while but because of a neck injury (my 2nd)in January haven't been able to do much. I felt that I had lost a bit of weight recently and on weighing myself this morning I got a massive shock, I weighed 17st 3lbs. This is the heaviest I have ever been, I'm pretty stunned just now that I've got so heavy.

I'm starting to use this site and Mfp again from today, I have to do this before I get any heavier.

I am going to calorie count as this tends to be the easiest thing for me, I have a treadmill at home so I'm going to try to use this every evening.

I feel I have a massive task ahead of me but I will take it a day at a time.

Hi cacee!

I'm here if ur looking for a buddy. I started at 17st8lb and currently 16st5lb so it can be done, just like u said one day at a time x
If u want to add me on mfp I'm LadyJo86 x

You can do it Hun! I started at 16st 10 & I'm down to 13st 10... I've taken the scenic route but I haven't gone mad or gained ;) If I can do it anyone can hehe! Shout if you need support/a shoulder to cry on/someone to shout at/ideas, I'm happy to help where I can :)

Charli XxX

Thank you for your support, it is very kind of you both. I have been doing well the last couple of days, been slightly under my calorie allowance and haven't been hungry. I'm pretty sure that the shock of what I weighed is suppressing my appetite, this can only be a good thing.

I appreciate your well wishes, thank you x

Thank you for your support, it is very kind of you both. I have been doing well the last couple of days, been slightly under my calorie allowance and haven't been hungry. I'm pretty sure that the shock of what I weighed is suppressing my appetite, this can only be a good thing.

I appreciate your well wishes, thank you x

You're welcome! The first few days are the worst as you mentally adjust, but if you're not hungry that's a great sign :) Make sure you don't go to low though or it'll have the opposite effect.

Charli XxX

First weigh in today since started last Saturday and I'm very pleased to say I've lost 4lbs. I am very happy with this as its a good start and I haven't even felt hungry. This brings me to 16st 13lbs.

Cacee

Cacee said:
First weigh in today since started last Saturday and I'm very pleased to say I've lost 4lbs. I am very happy with this as its a good start and I haven't even felt hungry. This brings me to 16st 13lbs.

Cacee

Well done and glad it's going well! :)

Hi Cacee,

Im just starting Cal counting too!!! feel disgusted with myself atm i too have been shocked into action!!! well done on your loss thats great, and into the next stone bracket i bet that has been a boost for you!!

here to follow :) xx

Hi Emmaedes

Good luck on your weightloss. I'm just taking one day at a time and hoping that I get there. I have a lot to lose but I'm sure I will persevere.

I haven't done any exercise yet but I have a treadmill at home and I am going to start using an app from iTunes called 'Couch to 5K'. I am going to start on Saturday after my second weigh-in.

Hope you doing well.

Cacee

I started couch to 5k and did about 2-3 weeks of programme but my knees started to really suffer! Need to get some more weight off I think then ill start again!

LadyJo, sorry to hear that. I will give it a go and see how I get on. I will keep updating on here how things are going.

Congratulations on the first weigh in, that's such a good loss!! I was shocked into weightloss too after being the heaviest I've ever been.

X

Hi! Good luck with it hun! It's a horrible feeling isn'tit when you suddenly realise how big you have gotten! But you are doing something about it :)

All the best

Third weigh-in and I'm pleased that I've lost another 2lbs. In total I've now lost 9lbs. I'm happy that its coming off slow but steady as I'm sure this will help in the longterm. So many times I've lost weight very quickly only to put it all back on along with some more. Pleased with loss.

Cacee

Hi Cacee, well done with your 9 pound loss so far, I wouldn't call it slow but steady" though, that's a great start. You need to update your profile hun to show you losses. Keep up the good work :0clapper:

well done! it is all about life style change than crash dieting as u need to be able to maintain which is the hardest part...x

Back