Shocking your body

JonnyWopper

Has anyone tried shocking their body while on diet. What I mean is could you be on the diet all week and dead strict and lose 11lbs. Then after your weigh in eat what you want all day, and say put 3/4 lbs back on. Go back on the diet all week again burn the 3/4 lbs off again as well as another 11lbs??? Anyone tried anything like this before???

You'd only be losing and gaining water, not fat. The initial weigh-in loss is mostly all water, so you'd be gaining and losing only that and maybe 1-2lbs of fat if you're lucky. If you eat 'what you want all day' then you're restoring your water/glycogen which is the 11lbs. Cambridge is tried and tested, it's best to stick to the rules for the quickest & easiest loss. :)

JonnyWopper said:
Has anyone tried shocking their body while on diet. What I mean is could you be on the diet all week and dead strict and lose 11lbs. Then after your weigh in eat what you want all day, and say put 3/4 lbs back on. Go back on the diet all week again burn the 3/4 lbs off again as well as another 11lbs??? Anyone tried anything like this before???

When I went on holiday it was supposed to be my 5th week on cd but as we had gone all inclusive I didn't want to take shakes with me so I did the atkins diet for a week whilst there and lost 5lbs! I certainly think the added fat and calories gave my metabolism a little kick start as I am about 2st away from goal, I wouldn't recommend doing alternate weeks of eating anything you want and CD though!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

When I went on holiday it was supposed to be my 5th week on cd but as we had gone all inclusive I didn't want to take shakes with me so I did the atkins diet for a week whilst there and lost 5lbs! I certainly think the added fat and calories gave my metabolism a little kick start as I am about 2st away from goal, I wouldn't recommend doing alternate weeks of eating anything you want and CD though!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

It's definitely good every once in a while, especially if it's low carb & healthy/keeps you in ketosis, therefore keeping the water/glycogen away. On Exante you have an 'add a meal week' every 6(?) weeks to boost your metabolism, which can really help! But as you said - eating anything & everything won't work quite as well. :)

'Just' 1 or 2lbs is actually a good and healthy weightloss, 11lb per week would be very dangerous and you could end up damaging yourself permanently :O I honestly don't think it would be a good idea to do a VLCD then suddenly eat a lot.

If you do decide to eat more for a few days keep it all low carb. I tell my pals to do Atkins on holiday, because that way you don't lose your ketosis and you don't gain back all that glycogen. It also makes it easier to go back to a VLCD when you come home cos you haven't re-awakened your slumbering carb cravings! When they come back it can be totally overpowering. Not worth the risk, in my personal opinion.

For most of us carbs are the binge foods we can't put down lol.

He's refering to the big losses you get during week 1.

What I mean is could you be on the diet all week and dead strict and lose 11lbs....Go back on the diet all week again burn the 3/4 lbs off again as well as another 11lbs?

Chunkymonkey, this was the part I was worried about.

Back