Shoe size

I went up two shoe sizes when I put on a load of weight and have lost some weight and gone back down two sizes. Crazy as my feet didn't look fat! haha don't want to go any smaller in my shoes as I might fall over!

My feet went up to a size 11 :eek: when I was at my biggest. Back to a size 9 now, and many of my shoes are too wide (but size 8s are too short).

I still take the same shoe size (5) but I used to need wide or extra wide, whereas now I can fit in normal width shoes. My feet were obviously fat, as well as the rest of me!!

Trace xxxx

Its not my feet that are worrying me - its my height!!!

I got weighed and measured on 23rd Feb during my first week on the plan one of the machines in Boots and I was 5' 4.6"

At the end of June my hubby commented that I seemed shorter than usual so when I was in town I went into Boots to find out. I measured 5' 4.1" so that's half an inch that has disappeared!!!! :confused: :confused:

Its not my feet that are worrying me - its my height!!!

I got weighed and measured on 23rd Feb during my first week on the plan one of the machines in Boots and I was 5' 4.6"

At the end of June my hubby commented that I seemed shorter than usual so when I was in town I went into Boots to find out. I measured 5' 4.1" so that's half an inch that has disappeared!!!! :confused: :confused:

Were you measured at different times of the day as you can shrink up to an inch during the day

Haven't really gone down shoe sizes from losing weight BUT as I have lost weight (and gained) my feet have got smaller.

I used to be a 6 at about 10 stone, 3/4 at 12 stone and am now just fitting in shoes/barely fitting in trainers in a 2.

I have some lovely boots/shoes in a 3 that are too big now :(

I wish mine would, I am a size 10, but no shrinkage has occured!!

Yes this surprised me too! I was a 7 for years and am now a 6. Strange happenings but feet do shrink too by the looks of things!

wow glad its not just me who found this. i was a size 7 always had 2 get the extra wide shoes cos my feet were very wide now even normal 7's r bit 2 big but 6's r 2small n not many places do 6n half lol. very annoyin! sold some of my hardly worn shoes on ebay as they r now 2 big x

ive gone from a size 6 to 4.

I could do with a bit of foot shrinkage :) I have always been a size 9 though! Even when i was at school i was a size 9!!! x

Mine just shrank inwards! My extra wide feet became just wide feet! LOL

Yes, the feet can get a bit more upholstered but for the vast majority it's simply down to basic physics. As you lose weight there's less pressure bearing down on the relatively small structures that have to carry it all. There's less splaying out in both width & length.

Like Leah717 if I could go from a 6 to a 4 I could also steal both of my sisters shoes!! Xx

Yes, the feet can get a bit more upholstered but for the vast majority it's simply down to basic physics. As you lose weight there's less pressure bearing down on the relatively small structures that have to carry it all. There's less splaying out in both width & length.

Ahhhhh! Of course! Now wonder I boogered up Physics A level :D

Were you measured at different times of the day as you can shrink up to an inch during the day

I didn't realise this. The first time it was just before closing time at 4.50pm and the second time it was an hour and a half earlier at 3.15 pm.

Will try to experiment with the times and find out if it makes a difference.

auntynet said:
I didn't realise this. The first time it was just before closing time at 4.50pm and the second time it was an hour and a half earlier at 3.15 pm.

Will try to experiment with the times and find out if it makes a difference.

It's to do with the weight of you upright squishing your spine and the fluidy discs...get me with my technical words!...when you sleep they go back to normal, when you stand up, over the course of the day, the pressure flattens them.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back