shopping costs

Somebody else said this to me this morning but I cant say I have noticed??

I buy cheap everything anyway!

Everything seems to have gone up coppers, but some things have really rocketed. Tomato ketchup, baked beans, rice over the past year. I must admit I buy alot of my shopping when it's on offer.
When branston beans are £1 for 4 cans I stock up.
I check on the internet every week before I set off to do my shop to see where the bargains are.
I seem to remember that Aldi's super 6 were 39p each last yer now they're 69,.

Also the price of butter! I know it's now really applicable to SW'ers but still....basics versions are nearly £1 a block! A while back they seemed to drop back down to about 70p and only a few years ago they were 54p! Mind you bread was about 82p then and it's now over £1.10! It's eyewatering isn't it?

guess i havent noticed specifc items but on the whole a trolly full is now more expensive than it was. We can blame the rise in fuel costs, knocking on the effect to food!!

Even more reason to get into coupon/offer mode.

the "super 6" prices depend on what's on offer..
the week after christmas it was all 39p.. because it was smaller stuff.. and singles of things that are usually under £1..

this time it's multiples of stuff that's usually over £1 ( apples, oranges, tomatoes etc.. )

Asds still had branston beans on offer on saturday.. not sure now though..

I think a lot of shops took advantage of the recent change in VAT to hike up their prices by more than the 2.5% increase.

I haven't as I've stuck to y shopping list like glue lol!! for a full week shop (2 Mince 2 chicken sewing steak fruit veg and frozen kids bits 45!! bargain xx

I have noticed the costs, especially on meat and I have looked at the things I buy and made some changes.
I also stock up on things like 4 packs of beans and tinned tomatoes when they are on offer, buying 6 packs at a time! They all get stored in the garage.
I have looked at the things we buy and removed certain things. I've also looked at food which we often waste (eg cottage cheese) and, as I hate wasting food, I've stopped buying it.
I buy seasonal fruit and veg as much as possible - unless I really really really fancy some cherries I won't buy them.
I only buy bogof items if I need them and they won't go off.
I plan meals and buy for them.
I don't buy crisps/biscuits/cakes, not even for syns - I let my daughter bake for her packed lunch if she wants them.

I have looked in depth at where my money goes in Tesco and I've reduced the amount I spend on food quite significantly. We've all had to tighten our belts recently!
I still insist on 3 things though - free range chicken and eggs and organic milk, I don't care what this costs, I'll still buy them.

I'm another one that stocks up on stuff like baked beans when its the 4 tins for a pound offers. Also I go to Aldi first then finish off my shop at Tesco and I find I spend less. I buy fruit if its on offer especially stuff I wouldnt usually buy. Today it was mango and strawberries. Its nice to change around and the offers help me to decide!!

Back