Short but sweet - I really do mean it this time

wow thats brill love well done xx

Hey gang!
I realised I've not been around here much, I try and keep my diary (signature has a link) up, but I wanted to come back and check in with my fellow long haul losers! How are you all doing?
I've passed the 30lb mark, and I'm plodding along to my halfway point - 36lb. I'm really excited, but also very conscious that the goal I'm working towards is possibly not enough, because I'm a short arse my BMI healthy point puts me somewhere between 8 and 10 stone (not 100% sure) and my Dukan goal weight is 12 and a half. I'm just working towards that at the moment, lets face it, anything off is better than nothing right? But what then? Do I keep going? Do I see what happens?

I'm so proud of how far I've come, but some days that journey seems impossibly long.
x

First off well done you have done really well. For someone your height 10 stone puts you at the upper end of ideal BMI. But I wouldn't worry too much about that its more a guide. As for whether do you lose more when you get to your target, I think its more a personal thing. I have a big build and am around 10lbs off upper end of ideal BMI which originally I thought that would be more than acceptable. But I had so much to lose at the beginning, I realised like you said anything off is better than nothing.

There are proven health benefits if you lose just 10% of your body weight if overweight, which I can see you have already done :) I personally have decided I want to lose more than 10lbs, as I am still not happy with how I look weight wise but I am really struggling getting these 10lbs off so maybe I should be happy with any loss.
So I would see wait and see what happens, concentrate more on the mini goals then big ones. That helped me as when I used to think I had in my case 160lbs to lose it seemed such a mountain and unachievable it would get me down leading to not getting there. Breaking it up and take it step by step I found helped me far more. You might think at a certain weight your happy and that's what's important what feels right for you. As you have to keep it up as long as you don't overdo it and under a healthy weight then it really is about what is right for you.
Once again well done :)

beccus your doing gt

Hey gorgeous gang!
I've had such a lovely couple of weeks off, with a few non dukan treats and some beautiful weather (sunburn to prove it!) and some great news!

I was made redundant at the end of last year and have found myself a new job! Which is absolutely fantastic - I'm so proud... lots of things to think about, including what on earth I'm going to take for lunches ;)

I've also los a couple of pounds whilst I've been off and have hit 39lb, more than halfway there and I'm so super pleased! Here we go with the next stage!

well done beccus with the weight loss
and great news about the job
well done love xx

i'm so happy you are doing awesome, i hope you're super proud of yourself. keep up the good work and maybe send some motivation my way? ;-) xxxxxxx

Back