Short people advice on jeans please

shell_y

Silver Member
Ok as i have been dropping dress sizes quite quick i have been buying m&s cheap jeans to keep me going. Now i am finding thier size 10 jeans fall off me so was going to get an 8 but they dont appear to do them in short length.
I'm only 5ft 1 so normal length is way too long, infact short length often are too LOL.
Any ideas on where i can buy some jeans that dont sit half way down your arse and cover up the loose bit of tummy i got, so no low risers.
HELP PLEASE

I'm shortish and find Jasper Conran petite really good from Debenhams.

My last pair I bought off ebay. £6 and no sign of wear at all.

I'm 5' 2", and usually wear new look jeans (not as bad as it sounds!) or Fat Face. New look ones go down to 28" inside leg i think (maybe even 26"), and they don't all sit on your hips. They have a wide range of styles too, skinny flare, flare, bootcut. Fat Face ones are sometimes a bit harder to come by, cost a bit more, but they fit really nice and feel nice too.

Well i would give New Look a punt then. Pretty sure their standard ones are £10 a pair, and MSE usually says there are vouchers in New Look magazine, which is in some stores. I've also bought them from ebay, and from a charity shop for £3!

I always buy mine from Next as I love the fit. But I'd be inclinded to look in charity shops for the time being.

Try Sainsbury's TU range - they have all sorts of styles and prices and short leg suits me fine (am the same height as you).
I'd also go charity shopping - you may have to browse through a few though.
Good luck.

My friend is 5'3 and a size 8, she struggles to get clothes to fit correctly so she buys kids clothes..... cheaper too with No VAT...... worth a look.

Ive never seen any in there short enough

I'm 5ft 2ins & the petite range fits me ok.

My friend is 5'3 and a size 8, she struggles to get clothes to fit correctly so she buys kids clothes..... cheaper too with No VAT...... worth a look.

I've bought kids clothes before & they've fitted ok.

I have this same problem, not just with jeans but trousers too. All my old trousers that used to fit are now falling off my hips, so they're too long. And now I can't seem to find anywhere that does real short person sizes, rather than sizes for people who like to think they're short, but aren't!

Got some jeans from New Look for a tenner (used to love River Island jeans, but just cannot afford to spend fifty quid on a pair of jeans that won't fit in six months), and some from Next, obviously not as cheap as New Look. I'm 5'0 with 27/28" leg, so New Look should be fine. Just be prepared to trawl through rails and rails, as they seem to put the signs up for different leg lengths and then chuck anything on the rail!

Tesco have a nice petite range in their larger stores, and Asda have saved me from a jeans disaster a few times as well.

The Next petite range should be fine as well, but a bit more pricey.

Back