Should i be concerned?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi Guys..

for a while now, iv noticed everytime i eat even a little bit of takeaway (e.g, pizza, burgers etc.) i get very hot, my breathing becomes heavy and my asthma kicks in, then my stomach becomes instantly bloated and i get a strong ache and occasional shooting pains. Its so uncomfortable, and whats more concerning is that i become very aware of my heart beat (yes i am mad..) i can practically feel it thumping in my chest and it's beating faster than it should be.

At first i thought it was the bread involved, but it never happens when i eat bread normally, at times i also thought it was that i was seriously over-eating, but even now iv seriously slowed down and am eating far less and if anything its just getting worse.

Now of course i should take this as a sign to just avoid the occasional takeaway- but honestly im starting to feel i cant enjoy the nights off because i just instantly feel sick..

but should i be concerned about the affect the fastfood is having on me? could i be having a mild reaction to a common ingrediant? x

have you had allergy tests done Fern - cos it may be an allergic reaction to something - maybe you are wheat intollerant??

Get some tests - Holland and Barratt do them i think.

xxx

I think Id run it by the doctor to be on the safe side, cant be too careful missus x

Only thing I can say is that my friend gets very similar symptoms after having anything heavily red coloured-she cant eat Tikka massalla for example.
So my guess would be that its an ingrediant

Hmm, as i suspected maybe then.

I have a holland and barrent very close to me so i'l head over there on thurs (day off)

I am getting concerned.. and without being silly - whats the point in gaining weight for food thats making me feel ill for the occasional treat? I had dominoes this evening and couldnt manage my 4 slices- a far cry from what i'd usually eat lol - and i feel very unwell, bloated, very nautious and sick and my heart and breathing has only just slowed to normal rates a good 4 hours after eating?

x

Oh my goodness, I get the same thing when I eat bad food/takeaways! I get really hot/flushed and feel like my heart is beating really hard and I can really feel it in my chest and shallow breathing too. I thought I was just me being silly so have never mentioned it to anybody. I have suffered from anxiety in the past so I think I just put it down to that maybe, like subconciously, but the allergy thing could be a possibility!

Thats exactly what i expierance.. I get quiet panicy about it- which doesn't help.

im deffinatly heading to holland and barret for an allergy test.. i dont want to keep ruining what should be a relaxing night off with this.x

Ah bugger. maybe not then.
Am i likley to get a free test from my GP?

Hes going to get sick on seeing me- iv seen him4 times in the 8 weeks iv been registered at my new docs. We'v agreed to re-do all my tests in six months- maybe i should ask him for this when i go back and just completly avoid takeaways untill then? x

I think Id run it by the doctor to be on the safe side, cant be too careful missus x

I agree. I would say the same. Any drastic change of your bodies functions should be checked. I have known of people who have exactly your symptoms who are alergic to monosodium glutomate often found in fast foods and in particular in Asian food.

I used to have the same problem after eating fatty food and sugery food. Since SW and cutting out virtually all fat and sugar I don't get it apart from occasionally after a banana of all things. I suppose that is the high sugar content in bananas that causes that.

Check it out Fern..............

i am not sure Fern - but best to get GP advise before you go and end up wasting money on H&B tests.

Best of luck poppet xxxx

It sounds to me like the first time this happened, it kicked off a mental response to that food, so now you associate it to feeling ill and hot.

However the first time it obviously wasn't brought on by or exaccerbated by any mental link....

I bought a Gillian McKeith book a while back and she suggested testing for allergies by eating the food, waiting 15 minutes and taking your pulse as it rises if an allergy is present. From what you've said, an allergy seems to be the most obvious reason, but if you're worried then definitely see your doc and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon x

Yes go to the doctor. Don't worry if you've been to see him/her a lot lately - that's what they're paid for. Good luck huni, and I hope it gets sorted xxx

Back