Should I drop a point?

Hippngrvy

Hi there,
I'm 5ft 5.5, currently weigh 11st 3.5 (with no clothes on) - am missing weigh in today as I've got a busy day at work, but I think this week I have put a lb on, cause I think I weighed 11st 5 with clothes on this morning, and was 11st 4 last week with clothes on... the problem I have is that I stuck to my points and put on, now I have I admit this week, eaten more stodgy foods and not drank very much which I am determined to rectify this week... but, I have got to this point in the past and given up, due to the fact I seem to dance around the same weight going up a lb and down a lb never really getting anywhere... I was wondering seeing as I only have 4lbs to go whether I should jump down a point now to help my weight loss along, which will take me down to 19pts, ample for me, as I do someimes find myself simply eating just so I reach my points, and I think my body ma feel it's over eating.... advice?? cheers peeps :D

Hi. I should try it. If you do fast star it is 18 points allowance , so i don't see how it would do any harm. Maybe your body needs a bit of a jump start. I am doing fast start this week but on higher points as i am normally on 27. And it feels like it has kick started my weight loss again.

How long have you been on plan this time? I think you should stick at your points allowence as it's worked out you don't drop until next stone bracket so you have to be 10st 13. I've 2lbs to my next point drop which will be my 3rd point drop , I did fast start a few weeks ago and lost no more than usual, sometimes we don't do plan 100% track everything, weigh and measure everything, change the foods we eat as alot if us tend to eat the same every week , we all get a little complacient, extra spread, a little more milk, the odd nibble if chocolate, if we had just 1 tspn extra of marg a day blind eye type extra the oh that won't matter it will add up to 7 extra points a week 28+ a month, I would do plan as the points are meant to be and start afresh xx

thanks peeps... I'm gonna stick to the 20 for another cpl of weeks and if I still don't lose I'll have a word with the leader at class... it just frustates me that I get so close to the tens but can't drop down in to them... but, will stick withit - plus I'm off back to the gym next month when I come off work fr the summer, so no doubt that will help :D

Thank goodness you've posted this chick - I've just realised I need to drop a point! Oops! Thank goodness I've got time to rectify before WI. Hahaha!

Anyway - I'd keep with it and then if things are really getting to you just do fast start next week or week after. But try and give it another go on your usual points for a little while longer, it's the best way to break a plateau :)

I always hover around the stone mark seems to take a while to slip under it lol,I think D Angel ahs the best idea of which if by next week I havent broken my next stone I will do fast start even though it didnt help much last time it may again xx

yeh that's what I'm planning on too... plus, when you get the extra points back the week after it makes you appreciate them more :D

Back