Should I feel dissapointed? Pop in weigh in!

Stardreamer

Supportive
Today is day 4 of LL. I had my pop in weigh in this morning and have only lost 5lbs!! I do feel dissapointed but I know that I should not. I asked if I will loose the same amount when I get weighed again on Tuesday. With the reply of "no you will never loose that much again you will probably loose 2lbs"
xx

I think it's an excellent weight loss, half a stone in a week is impressive. Remember that the really big losses are usually experienced by men and those with a large amount to lose. And you may well be retaining water from the vast amount we all have to drink, water is heavier than fat.

5lbs in 4 days is an amazing start - well done you - so no, don't be dissapointed. Even if you do only loose 2 or 3lbs more by you weeks weigh in you will still have lost at least half a stone - they guidelines is a stone a month so you are well on your way.

I lost 9lbs in my first week but I started off at 19 stone and my LLC didn't weigh us on pop in day - don't know why.

Anyway, if you keep doing what you've been doing then the weight will still come off....and again well done 5lbs already - WOW!!:D :D

Love

Never ever be dissapointed with a loss as you are nearer the finish line even if it is only an ounce.

The reality of a VLCD is that you cannot lose weight any quicker any other way (including starving yourself) so just focus on the finish line of being slim and don't let the little trip there get you down.

Go for it! and well done

Mike

Wow. 5lbs is fab in 4 days
Clap2.gif

Well done. The hardest 4 days too!

Stadreamer, last friday I felt EXACTLY the same as you. I also lost 5lbs. They told me "You mucyt not be in ketosis properly" when I'd clearly prooved I was on my stick. I went home to my boyfriend and cried but I didn't give up! To this minute I have doubled that loss, and I am starting to see it so feel SO HAPPY, I didn't stray. Whatever you do don't put yourself down. All I keep telling myself is, " Could I lose that much on a normal diet?" and I GARUNTEE the answer is NO! Hope I helped!! X

I also lost 5lbs at my pop-in and was over the moon!!!! 5lbs might take you 5weeks on other diets!!! Don't worry about it - I think you have done great!

Yeah...I'm confused. Did you want to lose 4 stone in your first week??!! sheesh!! Be happy that you lost 5lbs!! I would LOVE 5lbs off in less than a week!!!!

You're not demanding at all are you really?? lol. Give your body a break!! it's doing great!

5 lbs in 4 days, well done, please don't be disappointed, you are losing weight the quickest way possible. With another 2 say at the end of the week, thats 7lbs in 7 days.

Everybody's body works in different ways, totm, amount of water you are drinking, (I am about 3lbs lighter first thing in the morning). Keep drinkning your water and try to relax, its working.

Shona

Stardreamer, well done on the loss, that *IS* great in 4 days!

Now I could be wrong but am I right in thinking that you cut down on carbs and starting to increase your water in the weeks before you started LL? If so you may find that you had a loss in the last couple of weeks or that your watsit levels that they say you lose first off (sorry I am having a mind blank and can't remember the word but I am sure someone will fill in the blanks) have already been somewhat depleted and that is what causes the bigger loss in the first week as you get rid of your whatever it is stores!

Sorry I am rushing for a meeting and so this probably makes no sense at all!

It's amazing what we ourselves through. We're drag ourselves down when we don't do anything about our weight and carry on the process when we don't get our desired weightloss.

I was at the same place where you are, but I am happy to say I have come through the other side. I am elated that my weight is moving in the right direction, otherwise I'd be at the same weight or even more.

Keep up the good work, and when you look back from weeks to come, you will be overjoyed with your collective weightloss.

i lost 5lbs in my pop in and was over the moon,you havent got tons of weight to lose have you?I lost 9lbs in my 1st week,5on pop in and another 4 3days later on weigh-in day?How much did you expect to lose? Week 3 and week 4 I lost 3lbs each week I was diappointed week 3 but then thought thats what I should be losing.
xxc

Feeling much better now!! Thankyouxx

:) Thank you for your replies and the support.:D
I know that I am being stupid. I have just been to asda for the weekly shop and I felt so proud of myself!! I drank lots of water before I went and bought much healthier food for the family. My fruit bowls are full!! Kids are having a fruit salad for lunch!!

I did cut down on carbs before the diet and had lots of water so maybe I lost weight even before I started. I feel really good today . Thanks to all of you!! I felt crap earlier but now I am full of energy and do not feel hungry at all!! Even my skirt feels looser!! yipeeee!! Hubby was really pleased witht the result too!!
Off to a farm witht he kids now.
Thanks Again. You are all so kind. I could not do this diet with out this forum!!
xx

I feel we all expect huge huge losses as at first we feel deprived,Well done you and fingers crossed for your weigh~in!Well done on shopping your kids will feel so much better with the fruit XX
xxc

You're not being stupid at all! It's amazing what we put ourselves through isn't it!

I'm currently worried because my last WI showed a big loss - but I'm convinced that it was down to a runny tummy. Added to that I will have my next way in on Sunday (only 5 days later instead of 7) AND when I was weighed on different scales yesterday (as part of a check up), I was showing 4lbs heavier!!!! :eek:

Now, I have stuck to the diet 100%. So short of eating nothing at all whatsoever, I can't really do any more - so I have already succeeded really - regardless of what the scales say on Sunday.

Nevertheless I know that I will be disappointed if it shows a gain!

This is a very good example of the kind of crooked thinking I would like to be free of!

Anyway, that was a bit me me me! Your weightloss is fantastic and what I have noticed from looking at people's stats on here is that there's often no rhyme nor reason to how it comes off - people losing nothing one week and then shed loads the next isn't uncommon! Either way half a stone down in a week is amazing by anyone's standards! You're well on your way and you're only going to get slimmer and slimmer! :)

I admit that I haven't read the other replies but I remembered being happy with my weight loss at the first pop in until I learnt that everyone else (and yes I mean everyone else) lost more than I did. I just nipped out to check my records and I lost 4lbs.

All that seems so long ago and I went on to be the highest loser in my group :)

Since then I am only 2lbs off of having lost 6st on LL and have been in management for over a month and am very pleased with my change of attitude which makes holding my weight a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Please try not to compare your losses to those of others. Doing a very low calorie diet is the fastest safe way for your body to lose its excess weight at the maximum weight it can for you. It isn't a fair comparison to your body to compare your losses to those of others. All you can do is concentrate on doing the diet the best that you can, taking in the water consistently throughout each day and spending as much time as possible thinking about the topic you covered in your LL meeting and how it relates to you. Because it doesn't stop when you leave the meeting, the additional thinking means that you then tailor the programme to your needs. ;)

Losing the weight is the reason I started LL but I now realise that the change in my attitude is what is keeping the weight off for me. I am going to be that 1 person in 10 who kept the weight off after 1 year because I took the time to do the thinking :D

Thanks Chicken for your reply, I feel alot better today. Only 37llbs to loose!! It sounds like soo much!!. You have done fantastically well with your loss. Well done:) I am thinking about being more active and exercise. The more energy I use the more fat I will burn.
xx

Hi

I rarely had big losses, but I was consistent with 3 or 4lbs off each week. It was sometimes very disheartening when others were shifting 8lb a week but overall it evened out and all ended our 100 days with about 4 1/2 st off each.

It's important to look at the bigger picture and not at weekly losses.

Be careful not to increase your exercise too much in the early days of LLing as you may not have the energy. You will of course find your energy and stamina increase after a few weeks as your body adjusts to the diet and your weight reduces. I have heard though that extra exercise does not speed up weightloss when following a VLCD but of course helps enormously with toning.

Keep us posted.

Excellent words of wisdom from cheb as usual :D

Not only that, don't be surprised if the first week of doing abit more exercises means that you retain a bit of water that week, after that you will get a good comparison of weight loss.

I am not fit but I am amazed at how far I can run if I have to. Being over 7 stone lighter makes it so much easier to feel fitterand do more. :)

Back