Should I go back?

karra

Loser ;)
Hi all,

Just need some advice.I have quit and restarted SW loads of times now but I can't do it on my own. Should I go back to class??

I feel ashamed going back AGAIN....:cry:

Hi Kelly,

I have quit and gone back too. I have found for me the key is to go to the meeting even if I have put on (this will probably be well tested after Christmas). But I have found the fact that I know regardless that I will be going to the class forces me to behave to some degree.

So yes it could be good for you to go back, but also to look at the reasons you stopped going :)

Jamie

And there is no reason to feel ashamed, admitting you need help is a sign of strength...

I did this with WW lots of times! I would join, think I could do it on my own then rejoin. My leader was always supportive when I rejoined.

However, I have now joined SW feel so much better already and am determined to make it work!!

if you need the support then walk through the door, Im sure the leader will welcome you back! x

Thanks guys :)

I am going to go back tomorrow, my bf has said he is going to come too as he has put on quite a bit of weight also...our takeaway and drinking habits!!

I am made up he is coming with me even tho he feels strange coming to a slimming group!! I have had to promise not to tell anyone haha x

aww thats brilliant and having your OH there will mean more support and you can do it together!!

have an amazing week, let us know how you get on at class!! x

I will do :)

I think he will struggle as he has never really eaten healthily..his mum cooks everything in lard and dripping in fat!! I'm excited for us tho, we found a pic from 3 years ago and we both look so much slimmer it really brought it home how much weight we had put on! xx

I have set myself a mini goal of losing 2 stone for march 2011 when my children get baptised. im hoping to lose it nice and steadly and if I lose any extra it will be a bonus!!

I am on my second week but couldnt get to class last night as I was working until 8pm so im hoping for a extra special loss next week!! x

Good luck :)

That sounds like a good mini goal I always make the mistake of wanting it all off now...like it's all or nothing iykwim xx

Yep I was the same.When i was at WW I had a goal of 12stone in my head and it seemed like I would never get there!

Ive realised now that I need mini targets and 1-2lb a week is healthy and its going to stay off that way! x

Well done you on making the decision to go back. Good luck with it x

i do think the discipline of getting weighed helps you keep on track, plus the quicker you lose the weight the cheaper it will be!!

Hi guys :)

Well in the end I didn't go back, I went and got a print out of my weight from my local chemist - 18st 1lb :(

But onwards and downwards, it has given me a massive wake up call!! Been so positive since then its ace :) xxx

why didnt you go back?

you should definately go back. i rejoined this week after a year yo-yoing like a maniac for the past year. i've been dabbling with stupid milkshake diets that give a quick loss but you get so deprived on them you end up binging as soon as you stop the shakes.

i jumped on the scales and discovered i'm the heaviest i've ever been :( however i feel happier to have joined SW for what is probably the 9th time!

just think you could lose at least half a stone in time for christmas! ;)

Hey Karra,

how you doing? You feeling positive? Keep smiling and remember a little bit at a time.

You go girl!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!xx

Def go back. I could of written your thread, I rejoined last Tuesday after joining twice already this year, the time before this with my other half for support! With one thing and another I gave up, let myself down and it took a lot of "i'm joining this week" "i'm joining tomorrow's" before I got so fed up of my clothes getting tighter again I just did it. Will let you know how I get on this week, but if you want a support buddy i'm here :) We can do it xx

Hi I have to agree with everyone else, I personally would go back ... Ive yo-yo dieted for years, tried them all so decided in July to give Slimming World a try and its the best thing i have done ... I need to have the leader there to give me a kick in the pants!! Or i just cant do it!!

Go for it love ... u can do it!!!!

Trish x

Back