Should I go the dr's no weight loss

Wish

Silver Member
Hi all

I'm getting really disheartened and annoyed. I have been calorie counting for 2 weeks now, along with loads of walking (something which I never did before) and I still haven't lost any weight what so ever:cry: I have about 5 stones in total to lose, so its not as if the wight isn't there to come off, I just don't understand this, I have been eating really healthily, logging everything on the website I am using for calorie counting, and yet I see no results.

Do you think I should make an appointment with the Dr to see if theres any medical reasons why I can't even shift a 1lb? Apart from Thyroid is there anything else medically, that I need to get checked do you think?

Thanks

Thyroid is the main one, but there could be other reasons that the doctor might not investigate.

How many calories have you been aiming for/having each day

How many calories have you been aiming for/having each day

Hi

I put in my weight and height and it came back with a calorie intake of 1359.

What are the other things you are thinking of?

My brother is Diabetic, am wondering should I get checked out?

Thanks x

That sounds like a sensible amount. Have you moved from another diet to calorie counting?

Ah, I see. You've been doing slimming world.

Umm. That really shouldn't make any difference. :confused:

As long as you are really sure that you are measuring and recording everything, then perhaps it would be an idea to visit the doctors.

That sounds like a sensible amount. Have you moved from another diet to calorie counting?

Well I did try SW but tbh it was half hearted, I didn't do it every day, I have lost 12 lbs over the past 5 months, by doing SW on and off. I find SW hard to incorporate into family meals, which is why I opted for the CC instead.

Before you go to the doc write down a log (copy it off the site) with the cal breakdown for at least 2-3wks or he'll just assume you're under-estimating your intake. Its true the thyroid is one of the main stumblers where no loss is concerned- I have an underactive one, but tbh it didn't really stop me losing when eating my target cals? Do you eat a lot of ready-meals or processed food? That can contain a lot of salt/sodium that can cause fluid retention?

My brother is Diabetic, am wondering should I get checked out?

Thanks x
Yes get checked and ask to be tested for PCOS too. I asked for the tests even though I didn't have anyt symptoms and I was glad I did as the scans showed that I have cysts on my ovaries but I don't have PCOS. I would never have known if I hadn't been tested

Before you go to the doc write down a log (copy it off the site) with the cal breakdown for at least 2-3wks or he'll just assume you're under-estimating your intake. Its true the thyroid is one of the main stumblers where no loss is concerned- I have an underactive one, but tbh it didn't really stop me losing when eating my target cals? Do you eat a lot of ready-meals or processed food? That can contain a lot of salt/sodium that can cause fluid retention?

Hi

I measure and weigh everything, everything that passes my lips gets logged. I don't eat ready meals or processed foods, just fresh food, everything is cooked from scratch and I never go over my calorie limit, even if I workout.

I got weighed today and I have lost 2 1lbs:D So am feeling a bit happier about that, I wanted more really, but its in the right direction, so thats all that matters. Will see how things go.

I have had scans before and did infact have cysts on my ovaries, but they have just left them alone.

Thanks all :cool:

Dont be disheartened hun!

I also find it extremely hard to loose weight...:wave_cry:

I have been on all sorts of diets (except the real extreme ones)..i have done WW and SW and my own calorie counting, GI, Atkins (that was hard...i dont eat red meat LOL) rosmary connely etc etc...

the only one to work for me..was the good old fashioned "3 healthy meals, no un-healthy snacks, and cut down the coffee" .....the weight comes off soooooooooooooooooooooooooo slowley (it took me 3 years to loose 3 stone :cry:)..but...i managed to keep it off!

keep going...:party0019:

Read several different books on proper nutrition and eating. Many of them will say the same things. After reading a few, you'll be able to figure out what everyone agrees to as to what works and what doesn't. For example, almost all will say to eat 5-6 small meals per day. Almost all of them will encourage you to either stay away from or limit your intake of white breads, pasta, and white rice, and to eat oatmeal, brown rice, and sweet potatoes/yams instead. The other claims where no one else has made mention but that one person or book is pretty much the fad diet that is either unhealthy or doesn't work long-term.

Back