Should i go to the gym?

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all!!!

I have a gym membership that I (like many other people!!) pay for every month and don't use...

I am considering cancelling my membership but I'm trying to slim down as much as I can before my holiday at the end of august so would it be worth me trying to go to the gym a few times a week? It will probably do me some good trying to tone up and stuff as I lose more. I'm on SS+ so think I'll be fine doing some exercise on CD.

If so, what sort of stuff should I do whilst I'm there? I'm a complete newbie to exercise of any sort so I haven't got a clue! Or should I just cancel and save the money each month?

Felix...now now - if I can pop in a pool at 16st 7 with cellulite like bubble wrap and do 10 lengths, so can you...just 10. Give it a go! No one cares what you look like and even if they do, they can't say or do anything so b*gger 'em is my motto. I would also suggest just doing a light spot of cycling - just start at 3 mins if you don't cycle at all and build up to 15 over a few weeks. Set the level low and pedal at about 60rpm to start. Once you have about 8-10 mins of cycling down, also have a go at the cross trainer - again - take this slowly and start at 3 mins max. In the space of about 4 weeks you'll have a moderate cardio routine which will help with the fat burn. You could ask for their trainers' advice, but unless they've worked with CD people before they can get a bit sniffy about VLCD as it goes against all their nutritional training and unless they know their stuff - so say that you'd liek a complimentary PT session if they're offering them, but you only want it f the trainer has worked with CD clients before.

Oh yeah u did say earlier. Lol! I'd start doing some light walking and cycling

And I'm a rubbish swimmer but I can swim a mile without thinking about it now (takes about 6 weeks to build up to it). I can't do all that head and breathing nonsense, I just do old lady breaststroke and backstroke. They are both awesomely good for your arms and your tummy - two of my biggest trouble areas.

Cerulean said:
And I'm a rubbish swimmer but I can swim a mile without thinking about it now (takes about 6 weeks to build up to it). I can't do all that head and breathing nonsense, I just do old lady breaststroke and backstroke. They are both awesomely good for your arms and your tummy - two of my biggest trouble areas.

Thanks for your advice!!!! Im still unsure about swimming... I'm quite scared of water but I can swim, just not very well. I will have a go on the exercise bikes and crosstrainer (looks so scary!) and see how I get on :)

i went to the gym on friday and loved it did half hour in gym which was boring then a hour circuit training which was great but best thing was i felt like i'd had a work out. but i felt more hungry and ended up having 4 packs and a ss+ meal and didn't lose any weight this morning but they do say it doesn't always show straight away.

I have the same problem that I get really bored? Even though I have my iPod on I just get so bored after about 20 mins!

Back