Should i go to the gym?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Felix, 11 June 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi all!!!

I have a gym membership that I (like many other people!!) pay for every month and don't use...

I am considering cancelling my membership but I'm trying to slim down as much as I can before my holiday at the end of august so would it be worth me trying to go to the gym a few times a week? It will probably do me some good trying to tone up and stuff as I lose more. I'm on SS+ so think I'll be fine doing some exercise on CD.

If so, what sort of stuff should I do whilst I'm there? I'm a complete newbie to exercise of any sort so I haven't got a clue! Or should I just cancel and save the money each month?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tano

Tano Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Felix does it have a pool? X

4. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Yes but there's no chance anyone's seeing me in a swimming cossie!!!!! And I'm not great at swimming either :(

5. Cerulean

Cerulean Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    Felix...now now - if I can pop in a pool at 16st 7 with cellulite like bubble wrap and do 10 lengths, so can you...just 10. Give it a go! No one cares what you look like and even if they do, they can't say or do anything so b*gger 'em is my motto. I would also suggest just doing a light spot of cycling - just start at 3 mins if you don't cycle at all and build up to 15 over a few weeks. Set the level low and pedal at about 60rpm to start. Once you have about 8-10 mins of cycling down, also have a go at the cross trainer - again - take this slowly and start at 3 mins max. In the space of about 4 weeks you'll have a moderate cardio routine which will help with the fat burn. You could ask for their trainers' advice, but unless they've worked with CD people before they can get a bit sniffy about VLCD as it goes against all their nutritional training and unless they know their stuff - so say that you'd liek a complimentary PT session if they're offering them, but you only want it f the trainer has worked with CD clients before.

6. Tano

Tano Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    Oh yeah u did say earlier. Lol! I'd start doing some light walking and cycling

7. Tano

Tano Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(16.76%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    And listen to cerulean!!! ;)

8. Cerulean

Cerulean Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.67%)
    Diet:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    And I'm a rubbish swimmer but I can swim a mile without thinking about it now (takes about 6 weeks to build up to it). I can't do all that head and breathing nonsense, I just do old lady breaststroke and backstroke. They are both awesomely good for your arms and your tummy - two of my biggest trouble areas.

9. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Thanks for your advice!!!! Im still unsure about swimming... I'm quite scared of water but I can swim, just not very well. I will have a go on the exercise bikes and crosstrainer (looks so scary!) and see how I get on :)

10. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i went to the gym on friday and loved it did half hour in gym which was boring then a hour circuit training which was great but best thing was i felt like i'd had a work out. but i felt more hungry and ended up having 4 packs and a ss+ meal and didn't lose any weight this morning but they do say it doesn't always show straight away.

11. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have the same problem that I get really bored? Even though I have my iPod on I just get so bored after about 20 mins!

12. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    yeah me end up watching the timer all the time this circuit was much better cause we was all chatting.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.