Should I join? And how much in just under 5 weeks?!?

Daisyboo

I 'm a bit of a serial dieter - always losing the same stone and then gaining it again :(

Slimming World has always worked for me and I have loved filling up on pasta, cous cous etc and (when I stuck to it!) the weight came off easily. Recently however I was recommended to go gluten free and finally nailed down my "dodgy tummy" to a wheat intollerance. I have been trying SW again for a week and I think I have managed to lose a couple of pounds but I am finding it so much harder this time now that I cant eat all the "wheaty" things I used to and I find eating too much rice (i.e. risotto) or potatoes sets my tummy off too. So I am thinking about trying WWPP, I tried WW years ago and it did work but preferred the freedom of SW. The new PP plans sounds much more flexible?

And - I go on holiday in 5 weeks (WOOP!!) and want to try and lose at least half a stone, if not a stone by then. Is there any chances of doing that if I start tomorrow?

And (#2!) how many PP would I get to eat a day? I am currently 12 st 13lb and 5 foot 8.

Thanks in advance :eek:

Ok. Its definitely doable to get half a stone off in 5 weeks, however we obviously cant force our bodies to do this - we just have to hope things go well if we stick to our plan!
I've never tried SW myself as I cant control my portions to be honest (I could eat a LOT of pasta in one sitting no bother!) so I decided on WW last year (Discovery plan at the time) to control my eating. I lost 2 stone doing that but found it very hard to be honest and ended up giving up on it. Maintained the weight loss and started propoints 3-4 months ago (as I still had a good bit left to lose).
I much much MUCH prefer PP. I was hungry on the other plan but I'm not hungry on this anymore. I love the weeklies for treats or if you want a naughty take out at the weekend etc. Nothing is off limits as long as you "count" it and thats what I like about it.
What you do need to remember though is that you need to find something that you think you could stick to on a permanent basis (not _just_ a diet rather a lifestyle change and an attitude change to eating).

As for your daily pp, I need you to tell me your age hon, as older women get less daily pp than younger (slower metabolism as you get older). You will get 49 weeklies no matter what though. Are you going to join a class? x

Decided to bite the bullet and signed up last night!! Really dont have any spare time at the moment so committed to 3 months online membership. I have 29 daily points and 49 weekly - thought I had blown it yesterday but thought I would log all my food anyway - turns out all is not lost and although went over my daily only had to use 5 of my weekly points (despite a bit of a cereal bar binge and a glass of wine!).

Felt really good and in control today - hopefully this feeling continues!

Love that determination hon :)

Back