Should I not be in ketosis???

Penpen

Hello,

I am on day 4 and was hoping that I would be in ketosis by now but I am starving !!

I have followed the program without any cheating and so dont know why I am still hungry.

The only reason I could think is that I am due on my period any day now, should be tonight or tomorrow and this is what's causing the hunger, could this be true??

Thx

Penny xoxo

Hiya Penny

Don't know much about the effect of TOTM I'm afraid, but it's not usual apparently for some people to take anywhere up to a week to get into ketosis, so don't worry. Your CDC should be able to tell you more, but stick to what you are doing and you'll soon be there. Have you got any ketosis sticks to check with?

Drinking more water helps

Also meant to say that Boots sell tubs of ketostix from the pharmacy. They charged me £5.20

I think the hunger is most likely to be due to TOTM, and alot of people say that days 4 and 5 are the worst on the diet, but once you get through these things really improve

Best of luck

Hi

When you first go into ketosis in day 3/4 it is mild and can take up to 1 to 2 weeks to be fully in ketosis.

Most people usually feel hungry for the first week, stick with it, it's really worth it only a day or so and the hunger will ease.

Tracey
x

Back