Extra Easy Should I use my full syn allowance or as few as possible to keep losing weight?

Enchantedjen

Hi guys,

I've been reading through a few posts on here and I'm a little confused as to whether I should be aiming to eat my full syn allowance each day, or as few as possible, as I've read a mixture of both.
I'm only 8lbs away from my target now (unless I changes it again!) thanks in advance everyone :)

I think it depends on the individual. I don't think cutting out syns necessarily boosts your losses as even if you cut down to 10 a day from 15, in theory that's only about an extra 100 calories less per day. Syns are part of the plan so I wouldn't worry about using them as in theory it shouldn't affect your weight loss. In fact, I have always find that I lose more weight on the weeks that I use close to my full allowance than if I try to cut it down, but I've heard other people say otherwise so I think it's just a matter of trial and error really.

i take each day as it comes as see what i crave (unless i have a planned meal or something at the weekend that i need to allow for) i dont specially try to keep my syns low so if i get through the day and not used any i will not eat them for the sake of eating them, likewise throughout the day i have what i want without feeling guilty about it i have used 13.5 syns today already and that was just on lunch, but i needed them at the time otherwise i would drive myself crazy and end up having a full on binge later. i always stop at 15 syns though

Back