Should You Always Use Th 49 Weekly Points?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Amii, 22 January 2013.

1. Amii

Amii Well-Known Member

I've read a lot about how some people do and others don't... I was wondering if anyone has tried with and without and if there was a difference? Xxx
  2. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

I always have better losses when I use all of my weeklies. Everyone is different so you just need to work out what's works for you and your body x
  3. Amii

Amii Well-Known Member

That's a great idea, thanks :)
  4. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

I also lost more using them as I felt as I didn't deprive myself. I either save them for a treat or share them between the days :) x
  5. Amii

Amii Well-Known Member

I suppose they're great, especially if you fancy a treat :)
  6. bolero982

bolero982 Well-Known Member

Can't say I've noticed any difference either way, to be honest. I have weeks where I'll drink all my weeklies (I say drink, as 49pp nicely covers 7 pints of cider), and weeks where I'll leave them and stay sober, and I'm tending to lose in either case. When I'm getting a sts or a gain, it's when I've gone over on my points completely or eaten bread. Bread makes me gain no matter what I do otherwise, but that's a different story entirely.
    At the end of the day, no two people are going to be the same and you've got to decide what works best for you.
  7. jaynie1985

jaynie1985 Well-Known Member

i used around 20 week 1 lost 5.5lb, week 2 1.5lb and used again about 20 but this last week i lost 4lb and used over 30 so i say use them :)
  8. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

Well done on your weight loss. That's fab :) xx
  9. Amii

Amii Well-Known Member

That's excellent weight loss, well done x
  10. Rosie_Lee

Rosie_Lee Well-Known Member

i used all of mine all the way through and had a steady weightloss. best thing is now i'm at goal i get extra daily points and i get to eat all my weeklies too :)
  11. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Well-Known Member

I've been told by the last meeting leader that she sees the best losses with people who eat between a third and a half of their weeklies......

I have done all sorts with mine and lost some weeks but not others!! I dunno! Works for some!!

Be interested to see what happens this week. Had a bit of a melt down and ate all bar 4 of my weeklies. 0:) oops!
  12. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

I still haven't found a way of using them that wprks for me. I do tend to use them though x
  13. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Well-Known Member

So, ate all bar four and lost nothing this week! Think its completely individual! Best loss was week 1 for me and I ate 20. X
    Last edited: 5 February 2013
  14. Lucy_B

Lucy_B Well-Known Member

Next week I may try eat only half then. I've tried a few ways- not eating them lead to a binge, sharing them out between the days made me feel like i had to eat them all and now I'm trying to use them purely on a weekend and be good all week. It's trial and error I guess x
  15. Loser85

Loser85 Well-Known Member

I find i feel better knowing i have the extra there just in case. I have a history of binge eating and if i'd ran out of points but still wanted a treat i'd probably end up going mad with it. Least this way i can say well i fancy this or that so im going to have as i have points. No binging or guilt afterwards. I tend to use all of mine.
  16. Howie

Howie It's a way of life...

I have never used them. I decided a really wanted this so on the whole gave up alcohol, bread, pasta and rice (only bread I would eat was small Hovis with cooked tomatoes which was always pointed!). I always stayed within my daily points, and never used weekly or activity. I know the ethos is you can eat whatever you want, but for me the reality is that if I wasn't in control, temptation would lead to failure. With this method over the length of the plan I have averaged 2.7 lbs weight loss per week. Find what works for you and go with it I say :)