shouting from the rooftops

poppy100

Silver Member
i know its not much but i have managed to get my bmi under 40. i know thats not much but for me its a real goal. have lost nearly lost 10% of my weight. thanks for all the support i have received.

It is good. It's a great start. It's actually a significant weight point losing 10% of your weight as it cuts down the chances of diabetes etc. well done. Here's to the next 10% :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It is good. It's a great start. It's actually a significant weight point losing 10% of your weight as it cuts down the chances of diabetes etc. well done. Here's to the next 10% :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks everyone. i have just been diagnosed with diabetes but i have been told that if i lose weight i can come out of diabetes - so here's hoping.

poppy100 said:
thanks everyone. i have just been diagnosed with diabetes but i have been told that if i lose weight i can come out of diabetes - so here's hoping.

Sorry to hear that, altho with the way your going the diabetes will be shown the door!! Did the doc give you a diabetes eating plan?

poppy100 said:
i know its not much but i have managed to get my bmi under 40. i know thats not much but for me its a real goal. have lost nearly lost 10% of my weight. thanks for all the support i have received.

Well done!

And hey less of the 'it's not much but......'

Be positive! xxx

It's a fab loss and should make a difference to your health. I think when we creep over the 40 mark the health risks rocket. So congratulations on getting youself out of that area. As you keep going, I hope you really start to feel more benefits, and that you are able to reduce or even do without any diabetes medication. Alot of people would have given up once they got such a diagnosis. You're an inspiration to people showing that they can make a major difference.

Well done Poppy :) Keep going you're doing fab xxx

That is fantastic!!! Massive well done;)That is my next goal, hoping to get it this week;) 3lbs away!!! X

good luck - it is a milestone. let us know how you get on

Well done Lovely! :) xx

Sorry to hear that, altho with the way your going the diabetes will be shown the door!! Did the doc give you a diabetes eating plan?

he was ok with me saying if i had any questions i could just make another appt to ask them as i was a bit shocked (i shouldnt have been but i had gone with another problem when he hit me with the diabetes result) i said i was not looking forward to doing a diabetic diet but he dismissed this saying it was not a diabetic diet but a diet we should all be on - have been given info from the diabetic nurse at the surgery and basically just need to lose weight by reducing my sugar intake. anyway reducing sugar and fat seems to be working.

thanks everyone for all your encouragement. its a long journey for us all.

Back