***shrinking December*** join in now for support

Day 3 was 100% allright

OK, just finished my last soup of the day and I'm full, but i'm 100%, and I drank my 4l of water, so hey, life is OK!! It's funny how sometimes you're so motivated you can just fly through it - and other times, try as you may, you just have a little nibble here, a little justification there, then you get disappointed with the loss, which leads to you saying flip this, go out and do stupid things... feel even stupider, and depressed... Does this seem familiar?

Not for me coz I'm in the "September slimmin' zone"

Yeehaaww gurlz, let's whoop some :whoopass: and go on with our lives already!

Morning all,

Day 2 of the Slimathon! 1 day closer to goal :D

I haven't got much time to post just now but will do a longer post tonight. I had a counselling session last night (first in a month) and I think there might be some things I discussed that would other Shrinklies could relate to.

Anyway, am off for now.

Have a great day Shrinks
Thelma x

Morning shrinkies another cd day ahead, helllo Dione im well thanx chick. Just sitting here planning my menu for today lol.

Morning sunshine/ FFBT keep smiling everyone. see you all later and stop hiding from meeee.!!! lol lol xx

FFBT: If sunshine is off at any point due to not being well, i will always be here for you xxx

Thank you so so so much dione. Thats very sweet of you hun. Love you for that babes :)

Good morning slimminettes. Another 100% day 4 and water intake for me. Hope everyone here has a great slimming day. Still nooot in ketosis. I know s.o. mentioned people not being there til day 5 but come on!! this is getting ridiculous! could it be the water i'm drinking (4l)? does it dilute urine and throw off the test? I'm desperate here!:eek:

Good morning slimminettes. Another 100% day 4 and water intake for me. Hope everyone here has a great slimming day. Still nooot in ketosis. I know s.o. mentioned people not being there til day 5 but come on!! this is getting ridiculous! could it be the water i'm drinking (4l)? does it dilute urine and throw off the test? I'm desperate here!:eek:

Hey enlighten... First of all well done on getting to day 4 100%...your doin fab babe.
I dont think drinking too much should affect the ketosis test. Do you have any of the other ketosis symptoms.... ie, fury tongue, strange taste in mouth. I dont worry too much with the ketosis. If your drinking 4ltrs and staying 100% you cant go wrong hun. Keep up the good work. :)

NOOOOO..... Your not hungry!!! ok? lol. Its all in the head. Im sure after another 100% day today youll def be in ketosis 2morrow. Keep it goin hun. Try not to think about food. Ask yourself what do you want more... lose weight and feel n look fab or have some food, feel miserable and start day1 again...plus it will take you even longer to get into ketosis ;)

Morning everyone.

Aww FFBT......... you are really strong and doing SO well. But yes i'll get on here as much as I can. Teaching 2-5 today and have to now sort the place out before I conk out. I haven't been able to do much housework the last week. We need to put the spare room back into a second teaching room. Hoping I can stay awake for teaching.... better go have coffee :)

Everyone is doing really well with September. I have no excuse for not sticking with 1000 so I'm excited about it all over again.

Thanks for your kind words Dione and good luck everyone....lets stay 100% on track and get the water down. :)

Thelma..... you'll have to share tonight about your session.. sounds very interesting.

OH is away for most of the next 2 weeks :( so you'll have to look after me :)

See you all after teaching if not before, Bye xxx

Thank you so so so much dione. Thats very sweet of you hun. Love you for that babes :)

Anytime hun, you have helped me so i would like to return the favour xx

Hi Everyone,

How is everyone today? So far so good for me, just had my bar for lunch and i am too busy at work to even think about food which is wicked :)

Sunshine: How you feeling today hun?
Hope the burn is getting better.

Im a bit slow on the water intake today as it is hectic in the office but i am hoping to make up for it as the day goes on.

Work is now fantastic and all of the problems have gone. I am so focused with work and weight loss, i feel sooo good.

I put on my trousers this morning and they were hanging off of me. I thought i must have put on a size 16 ( i gave all my 16's to charity at the weekend) When i looked at the tag they are a size 14 whoop whoop:D:D:D:D

I was jumping for joy around my bedroom. Im just hoping its not because theyve stretched lol

Anyway i finish work @ 6pm tonight so by the time i get home and sort the kids and dog out i should be on here at 9pm. Hope you are all around as hubby is away til Friday so i need to have you around xxx

Thanks Dione,

Hum! well my leg is driving me mad (itching like crazy and bandage all messed up and not sticking). Feeling pretty moody I must say. I'm shattered from teaching, oh took me for dinner , stayed on 1000 and have friend coming over any time now. Haven't drunk enough water...... i just can't get in it at the moment :( .....and this is our last night before oh is off on his trip!

Managed to have no teaching now untill Monday which is great :) so i can rest after nurse apt tomorrow morning.

Sorry guys but i feel very rough and can't stay on. Good luck everyone..... xxx

So my lovely Shrinklies, how are you all tonight? Sounds like everyone's having a pretty good day - well done all!

I promised I'd write with my latest counselling musings, so here we go. (Warning - this could be a long post!lol) For those of you new to the thread, I've been seeing a counsellor in tandem with doing CD so that I can look at what's going on in my head in relation to food and why I struggled in the past to lose weight and/or maintain a reasonable weight. So...

Hadn't seen the counsellor for a month due to holidays/illness so there was a fair bit to catch up on. As you know, I've been struggling to get back on track since my holiday and have been pondering this. I think that part of it is a rebellion against the changes that are happening to me (both physically and mentally). I seem to have lost a sense of who I am and am struggling a bit with that. For example, I might not always have wanted to wear the clothes I wore (and would look at friends wearing other stuff and think 'I wish I could wear that') but I always knew what suited me and am told had developed a very good sense of style. Now though, I have no idea what suits me and even if I think something looks ok, I'm almost afraid to wear it if it's something I wouldn't have worn 4 stones ago! I bought a knee length straight black skirt the other week - not sure that I'll wear it in public though! lol
I talked this through with the counsellor and here are some key strands:
1. I feel embarrassed to wear new styles because to do that says very clearly that I am now different to what I was previously. And that means admitting that I was fat and made mistakes with my life.
2. Wearing a skirt like that means showing off my new shape and acknowledging that I might be attractive (difficult thing to do). Although I didn't have a problem in the past of showing my shape, that was only from the waist up! lol
3. Not being overweight means that for me, I can't blame any rejection on being fat. I guess it means I need to look much more closely at what the reasons for being rejected would be and not just think 'oh well, s/he doesn't like me because I'm fat'. But alternatively, I might not be rejected at all! lol (another big issue for me!)
4. Although I want to get to the end of this journey and have the new Thelma emerge, it's scary - particularly when you can't be in control of how you feel about what's happening to you and your body. In many respects, my clothes/styling issues have meant that I'm, in a sense, less confident than I was when I was 4 stones heavier. How bizarre is that!?!?!?

I'll stop rambling for now. Just wanted to share that with you, as I imagine that some of it might strike a chord with people. If not, thanks for letting me blether on about it. It does me good to reflect on what I've talked about and hopefully I'll stop the self-sabotage stuff this week and feel like I'm back in control and in the zone.

Apols for the long post Shrinks!!
Thez xx

Thanks Dione,

Hum! well my leg is driving me mad (itching like crazy and bandage all messed up and not sticking). Feeling pretty moody I must say. I'm shattered from teaching, oh took me for dinner , stayed on 1000 and have friend coming over any time now. Haven't drunk enough water...... i just can't get in it at the moment :( .....and this is our last night before oh is off on his trip!

Managed to have no teaching now untill Monday which is great :) so i can rest after nurse apt tomorrow morning.

Sorry guys but i feel very rough and can't stay on. Good luck everyone..... xxx

Look after yourself, Sunshine. Rest lots and drink as much as you can.

Hugs xxx

Back