***shrinking December*** join in now for support

I was wondering if alternative week by week was ok as I might be interested in doing that. At least that way I wouldn't feel that I was 'cheating'. Not sure whether it's ok though. I'm back at my CDC on 12 Sept - I'll ask her then. Meantime, why not stick a thread with the question on here - I'm sure someone will tell us!

Glad work's ok hun. Keep strong - you'll get through the rough patches until the bullies go.

How's the leak?!?!?

i have a hole in my wall in my bedroom which needs replacing, new wall to the shower room, new carpet, new wardrobe (as i moved it, it collapsed and cut my foot :( ), new ceiling, re plaster my archway in the kitchen and new floorboard in the shower room:( not a happy bunny lol
I will send a new thread now x

Dear me, that was some leak!!!! Poor you - must have been a nightmare to deal with.

Will keep an eye out for the thread x

its a pain when it happens. i will have to sleep on the sofa tonight as my bed is now full of my clothes :( and i put nice fresh sheets on them this morning grrr lol

Where is everyone? Its awfully quiet on here lately and we seem to have lost all of the sparkle we had when this was 1st et up ? or is it just me? ;)

I haven't been on as much as I should have. I've got a reasonably quiet weekend planned, so am sure I'll be visiting often! I know what you mean though - I think we've all had different things going on for us and it's meant that we're not here as much as we used to be. Peaks and troughs though - I'm sure we'll peak again soon. I've noticed that on the main forum there are lots of names I used to see posting that I don't really see much of now.

Couldn't find any sparkle on the smilies, but found these instead! We'll keep them here till the gang's all together again and we get our Shrinklie sparkle back!

:rainbow::vibes::rainbow:

lol oh yes im not leaving or giving up anytime soon. Im confused with my BMI. My cdc says its 25.7 yet on hereit says 24.9?? cant work it out. It worries me as you are not supposed to do ss if bmi is under 25 are you? x

im off to bed hun i am sooo tired, today has stressed me out so i am going to try and get some sleep Nite Nite

Sleep tight, Dione. Have a look at an online BMI calculator tomorrow and see what it says. My CDC uses a manual paper based system, so I go by what's on here as I'm guessing it's more accurate. Dont think you can SS if you're less than 25bmi, but ask your CDC.

Have a good rest hun - speak to you tomorrow xx

Morning Shrinksters!

Well, it's a little bit damp (to say the least) here at DJ Thez Central! Let's hope our Shrinking Day is brighter and sunnier!

Let's keep our positivity and think about the time we're spending on CD as something wonderful. It's allowing us to be the people we know we are on the inside. These truly are our

Glory Days
Bruce Springsteen

Well, here's the news from Thelma - I've decided to change to SS+ and see how I get on with it. I've been struggling with SS as you know and a) just don't feel that it's enough for me atm and b) I continually feel like I'm 'cheating' even though most of what I've eaten has been based on SS+ or 810 food. So, decision made, 3 shakes/bars plus SS+ ,meal at night. I'm really looking forward to having legitimate food again!

Right, it's a 100% SS+ day for me today!!!! Will report in later.

Sunshine, you've been awful quiet - how are you feeling? I hope that burn is doing as it should and is giving you less pain by now. Hugs.

FFBT, how's you? Loved your take on the 'Shrink!' thing! tee hee :)

Mini, haven't seen you around for a few days? Everything ok?

Enlighten, keep your positivity going today - you're doing really well! Are you officially in the land of ketosis yet? Hope so!

Shanny, was good to hear from you the other day. How you doing? Hope you're still going strong on CD - you're sooo nearly at goal! Brilliant stuff!

Hopingtolosebig, how you getting on?? How's the water intake going? I've not had as much as I should have recently - but will sort that today! Come back and visit us soon and let us know :)

Right, luvvies, must go and get ready for work. Got new foundation and it takes twice as long to put on! lol

See you tonight
Thelma xxx

Good morning ladies, it's day6 100% 4l of water planned for me without Ketosis - must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, I mean that stick is so beige, they should have a color to the left of their grid just for me!!! :confused: But September is my month and yours as well ladies, so let's keep plodding on and shifting those numbers down!

Thelma- good choice about SS+/810 - it's hard enough having willpower so whatever keeps the motivation going

Sunshinesinger - hope that burn is getting better fast.

Dione - I know you will keep your motivation in spite of all the little disagreements life seems to bring sometimes.

Well it's a gorgeous day here, so I'll send you ladies some sunshine vibes, they're grrreat for slimming! :vibes::character00238:

Elightenme - honey - don't worry about the pee sticks - I find that if I've drunk loads and my wee is really diluted I don't get a reading... You will be in ketosis. Honest.
Well done for staying 100%!!
Just had weigh in - 3lbs off. Have had cals upped - not quite sure what too though. Shake morning and lunch - meal from 3b plan evening... Am finally in the 10 stone something bracket!!! YAY!!!!!
Am soooooooooo tired must be all this hard work at the gym.... why oh why.... LOL x x x

Good morning everyone :)

Ooohhh it's really sunny here in Hampshire. Off to the nurse for the 3rd time this week as the bandages just won't stay up!

Thelma...that's a great idea to move up a plan....... our bodies just tell us when we're ready to do so..... I'm sure you've still been doing really well. Good luck with that hun.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet...... I'm still here and have found out I;m back at full time teaching a week later than I thought which means I have an extra week at home which is bliss :) Still teaching at home but only 2 days so thi is gret news right now. I go back the end of Sept which mean i'll have 2 trips to Dublin done by then

Can't stay long as I need to go get ready to see the nurse... such a pain but gotta be done before weekend.

I'm worried to say I'm on track again 'cause every time I do i go way off track!!!!!! However I have 28 days till my bridesmaid dress fitting and I have put the countdown on my fridge door to mark each night I've been on track. I have the dress now, collected it yesterday and it's too big...I want to be as small as I can when I have it altered in 4 weeks.I have no time to spare now I have to be strict with myself...so strict sunshine is back cracking her whip :)

See you all later, just got housework to catch up on but I'll be about.

Have a great day everyone xxx

BREAK FROM CD

Morning Shrinklies.

First of all im so sorry i havent been on here much over the last few days. Ive got my reasons though.... so here it goes:

As you all know Ive been on 810 for the past month or so since my bmi is under 25 now and Im not allowed to do ss. I miss doin ss as i feel it really did work better for me. My losses have been very low, at times nothing.

Then Ramadan (month of fasting) started on the 22nd of Aug and Ive been fasting since. Ive been trying to follow 810/1000 plan but so far have only managed to lose 2lbs in the past 2 wks. One of the reasons might be not drinking enough. Its hard when you have to get up at 4am and eat n drink and then again not until 8pm. If i really push myself i can manage a pint of water in the morn and another in the eve.

Plus (sorry for to much info in advance) but ive been constipated for nearly a wk now and I feel very incomfortable, bloated and sick.

To top it all off I got a letter from my doc yesterday saying that the blood test i gave a wk ago has come back and my thyroid needs adjusting... I need a higher dose. Cd cannot be done if your thyroid isnt stable. Its so so hard to lose weight when youve got an underactive thyroid :(

Ive been thinking hard about it over the last few days... with fasting, thyroid level needing adjusted, bad constipation and losing 1lb a wk on cd, i feel i should come off of cd for 2 wks and get myself sorted. Its working out so much expensive too for only losing 1lb a wk.

My plan is to eat healthy, low cals, fruits n veg and get my digestive system goin again. If im strict i will manage to lose between 1-2lb a wk, just the same as im doin with cd at the moment. Also get my thyroid level stablised and by the 20th of Sep ramadan will be over too and i can come back to cd.

I never wanted to come off of cd as goin back on is always a struggle but at the moment its doin me more harm then good, so its wise to take a 2wk break.

Im still doin the slimathon :)... Will have to change my mini targets though.

One things for certain.... slow n steady, i will get there. Im positive :)

Thanks for listening... sorry for the never ending post.

xxx

Hi Honey,

It's just a couple of weeks break. Stay with us here tho as it's just part of your CD journey. As you say you're still doing the Slimathon.... and see how you get on. My OH has gone away so I should be able to stay on track and I want to...which is always a good start. It's been a tough journey for us hasn't it. You me and Thelma all hit a wall for different reasons but we'll still, along with all the Shrinklies, get to our goals in the end. I think the fact I only have 4 weeks to lose has given me the kick up the bum I needed.

Hun you'll do well, I know you will. Ring me if your little one has her nap and we'll catch up and well done on making your decision. Bet you're a bit relieved......

Hi Honey,

It's just a couple of weeks break. Stay with us here tho as it's just part of your CD journey. As you say you're still doing the Slimathon.... and see how you get on. My OH has gone away so I should be able to stay on track and I want to...which is always a good start. It's been a tough journey for us hasn't it. You me and Thelma all hit a wall for different reasons but we'll still, along with all the Shrinklies, get to our goals in the end. I think the fact I only have 4 weeks to lose has given me the kick up the bum I needed.

Hun you'll do well, I know you will. Ring me if your little one has her nap and we'll catch up and well done on making your decision. Bet you're a bit relieved......

Thanks sunshine.

I really have been struggling the past 2 wks and infact am not fasting today and tomorrow coz Ive been feeling so ill. I dont want all the various other factors effecting the month of ramadan... but i felt that I really need 2-3 days off to recover and take extra care otherwise i might end up feeling really ill and not be able to complete any fasts at all...(which i really dont want to happen)

Ive really put alot of hard work towards the weight Ive lost and even though Ive never really moaned about losing little while having an underactive thyroid, i relly feel like having a right moan now....Its just not fair! Nevertheless, Im confident i wont put weight on as I feel im past that stage of stuffing my face and eat silly. I really wanna get to goal soon... more than any type of food on the planet earth.... and Im determined i will.

Chat later.... and thanx again.
x

Elightenme - honey - don't worry about the pee sticks - I find that if I've drunk loads and my wee is really diluted I don't get a reading... You will be in ketosis. Honest.
Well done for staying 100%!!
Just had weigh in - 3lbs off. Have had cals upped - not quite sure what too though. Shake morning and lunch - meal from 3b plan evening... Am finally in the 10 stone something bracket!!! YAY!!!!!
Am soooooooooo tired must be all this hard work at the gym.... why oh why.... LOL x x x

welldone mini on getting in the 10's. Keep going girl. You can do it!
xx

Thanks sunshine.

I really have been struggling the past 2 wks and infact am not fasting today and tomorrow coz Ive been feeling so ill. I dont want all the various other factors effecting the month of ramadan... but i felt that I really need 2-3 days off to recover and take extra care otherwise i might end up feeling really ill and not be able to complete any fasts at all...(which i really dont want to happen)

Ive really put alot of hard work towards the weight Ive lost and even though Ive never really moaned about losing little while having an underactive thyroid, i relly feel like having a right moan now....Its just not fair! Nevertheless, Im confident i wont put weight on as I feel im past that stage of stuffing my face and eat silly. I really wanna get to goal soon... more than any type of food on the planet earth.... and Im determined i will.

Chat later.... and thanx again.
x

Oh, FFBT, moan away as much as you like! That's why we Shrinklies are here - to celebrate the good times, commiserate the bad times and lend a listening ear for a mumpy times!

Sounds like your'e making a good decision for all the right reasons so feel good about it and be proud that you're not jsut struggling along. You're taking action and that's always a positive thing.

Don't be a stranger here though. Amend your targets, but tell us how you're doing!

Hugs xx

Good morning everyone :)

Ooohhh it's really sunny here in Hampshire. Off to the nurse for the 3rd time this week as the bandages just won't stay up!

Thelma...that's a great idea to move up a plan....... our bodies just tell us when we're ready to do so..... I'm sure you've still been doing really well. Good luck with that hun.

Sorry I've been a bit quiet...... I'm still here and have found out I;m back at full time teaching a week later than I thought which means I have an extra week at home which is bliss :) Still teaching at home but only 2 days so thi is gret news right now. I go back the end of Sept which mean i'll have 2 trips to Dublin done by then

Can't stay long as I need to go get ready to see the nurse... such a pain but gotta be done before weekend.

I'm worried to say I'm on track again 'cause every time I do i go way off track!!!!!! However I have 28 days till my bridesmaid dress fitting and I have put the countdown on my fridge door to mark each night I've been on track. I have the dress now, collected it yesterday and it's too big...I want to be as small as I can when I have it altered in 4 weeks.I have no time to spare now I have to be strict with myself...so strict sunshine is back cracking her whip :)

See you all later, just got housework to catch up on but I'll be about.

Have a great day everyone xxx

Good to hear from you Sunshine - and sounding much more like your usual positive self despite the ongoing issues. Your poor body must be in turmoil with that burn - sounds horrible.

4 weeks is a good motivator and you'll look gorgeous in that dress!!

So glad you're feeling a bit more positive xxx

Oh, FFBT, moan away as much as you like! That's why we Shrinklies are here - to celebrate the good times, commiserate the bad times and lend a listening ear for a mumpy times!

Sounds like your'e making a good decision for all the right reasons so feel good about it and be proud that you're not jsut struggling along. You're taking action and that's always a positive thing.

Don't be a stranger here though. Amend your targets, but tell us how you're doing!

Hugs xx

Thanx babe... :)

You always have a sensible justification for all the goods and bads we face and i love you for that.

xx

Back