Shrinking Mums Recipe Book

Has anyone tried the lamb rogan recipe ?....sounds lovely x

Slow Cooker Rice Pudding

My daughter loves rice pud and I was desperate for a recipe that I could eat too so I bunged a load of ingredients into my slow cooker and came up with a delicious and free (on EE and Green) recipe.

Pudding rice/paella rice/arborio rice (basically short grain rice)
HEX skimmed milk
Sweetener (to taste)

Spray the slow cooker with frylite, add the rice and milk and cook on low for 4 hours or until soft and the milk has thickened. Add sweetener towards the end of the cooking process, I've found if you add it before you end up with a less sweet rice pudding and have to add more.

You can also add vanilla essence to the rice pudding and of course top with jam, chocolate, etc. It's also nice with a mullerlight stirred through to make it really creamy.

Thanks for all these recipes looking forward to trying the rice pud (love it :p) but what are the amounts?

Really.... This will def be on my list for next week what is the syn value do you know :)

Bombay Bhajees

Ingredients

Fry Light
1 medium onion finely chopped,
2 medium onions, sliced
170g/6oz potatoes, cooked and chopped
227g/8oz canned chickpea daal, drained (Asda sells this, or you could use canned chickpeas but I find the chickpea daal adds to the curry flavour)
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
2tsp dried Bombay mixed spice or curry powder
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Spray a baking tray with fry light
2. Spray a pan with fry light and cook the onions until slightly browned.
3. In a bowl mash the chickpeas and potatoes together
4. Stir in the chopped onions, egg, baking powder and herbs, spices and seasoning.
5. Stir in the sliced onions. (I do both chopped and sliced because they just seem to seem more like “real” onion bhajis when I do that.)
6. Form into 20 small balls or make larger ones if you prefer
7. Place on the tray and cook at Gas Mark 7/220C for 15 minutes (I often do 15 mins on then turn them over, spray again and cook for another 15 mins because I like mine quite crispy)

I love these and they are just like the real thing, if not better! Plus they'e free on Green and EE!

gonna give these a go !:)

Slow Cooker Rice Pudding

My daughter loves rice pud and I was desperate for a recipe that I could eat too so I bunged a load of ingredients into my slow cooker and came up with a delicious and free (on EE and Green) recipe.

Pudding rice/paella rice/arborio rice (basically short grain rice)
HEX skimmed milk
Sweetener (to taste)

Spray the slow cooker with frylite, add the rice and milk and cook on low for 4 hours or until soft and the milk has thickened. Add sweetener towards the end of the cooking process, I've found if you add it before you end up with a less sweet rice pudding and have to add more.

You can also add vanilla essence to the rice pudding and of course top with jam, chocolate, etc. It's also nice with a mullerlight stirred through to make it really creamy.

sound yummy, can you tell me the quantities of rice & milk you used please? :confused:

ShrinkingMum said:
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Everyone has their own recipe for Spag Bol and this is mine. This recipe is Syn Free on Extra Easy and is really tasty. It served my mum, E and I and I had enough left over for lunch today, plus an extra portion to freeze for another day. Tomato puree is 1/2 a syn per tbsp, so by the time you divided that up between 4 the syns are reduced to 0. You could add 250ml of red wine for an extra 8 1/2 syns per recipe if you fancied livening it up a bit and if you fancy cheese sprinkled on top a tablespoon of Parmesan is 1 1/2 syns.

Ingredients

Fry Light, for spraying
2 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
340 g/12 oz extra lean minced beef
227 g/8 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, diced
1 397 g/14 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 oxo cube plus water (amount to your liking)
1 level tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
Bacon with the fat removed (use as much or as little as you would like - I used 4 rashers)
1 tbsp tomato puree
Pasta or spaghetti of your choice

Directions

1. Spray a pan with fry light and cook the onions until soft.
2. Add the peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the bacon and cook until starting to crisp.
5. Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown.
6. Add the mince and cook until browned.
7. Sprinkle over the oxo cube, tomato puree and herbs and stir
8. Add the tin of tomatoes and stir again. Add some water to increase the volume of sauce.
9. Add the Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
10. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
11. In a pan, cook the spaghetti or pasta of your choice.
12. Serve

Tomato puree is now free if it doesn't contain olive oil - I use Asda's own

Last night I had a lovely pasta dish thanks to Morrisons having their Philadelphia Light on special offer recently. It was very simple to put together and could be jazzed up with roasted veg quite easily.

Chicken, sundried tomato and basil Pasta

2 chicken breasts, diced
Pasta (enough for 4)
1 200g tub sundried tomato and basil pasta (2 syns for 25g = 4 syns per serving)
Sweet Paprika

Cook the chicken and the pasta, adding a tsp of paprika to the chicken to add flavour.
Drain the pasta, add the chicken and the Philadelphia and stir until pasta and chicken is coated.

(You could add some milk from your allowance to loosen up the sauce a bit as it's very thick and creamy, doesn't seem like a diet friendly dish at all!)

Im going to try the white wine sauce with chicken for the OH tonight!!! Great recipies, thankyou!

Back