ShrinkingLilly's journey through the pounds

I joined Minimins some time ago, but rarely log in even though I regularly lurk. Today I have decided to bite the bullet and start a proper diary in the hope that it will make me more conscientious in following the plan and motivate me to keep going.

First, a little about me. I will be 55 later this year and am at that stage of life where I experience 'power surges' (aka hot flushes). As I suffer from high blood pressure with a history of heart problems I am not a good candidate for HRT to relieve thems and surely, after 4 years of them, I must be getting near the end. I work full time in the education business (a job spoilt only by the students ;)), have been with Mr SL for over 30 years (he is more than 20 years older than me and is definitely not shrinking!) and we have one grown-up daughter who is a post-graduate student.

I have always been overweight and have faffed about most of my life losing and regaining weight. Something suddenly seemed to click in September last year and I have been losing weight with SW steadily, but slowly, ever since and I am currently the lightest I have been for some 6 or 7 years.

I am an online member and will confess here and now to being a serial weigher. It is not something I'm proud of, but I have done it for years, as regularly as cleaning my teeth. However, I am scrupulously honest about entering the actual weight as given by the scales on my official weigh in day (Friday).

That is enough waffle for now. I look forward to making some new friends on my journey - some of you I already feel I know quite well from your own diaries - and I hope we can help each other become target members.

Thank you for reading.

I've been doing EE, but this weekend I didn't do anything except eat! I woke up to find OH had 'treated' me to croissants and pizza from a local bakery and things went rapidly downhill when crisps and jaffa cakes also managed to fall into my mouth!
Talk about a split personality - half of me was saying 'Be sensible - you don't really want to eat that and undo your hard work', but the other rebellious, naughty half was saying ' See if I care; I want it so I'm having it'. The naughty half was also lazy, so very little exercise was done either, despite a lovely day when a trip up to the allotment should have been on the cards.
But a new day has dawned, and the rebellious half has been subdued and I am back on plan. This is actually a tremendous achievement because on previous slimming campaigns I've either been on the diet or off the diet and anything which took me off the diet, such as a croissant, automatically spelled the end of that diet. I appear to have been able to draw a line, and start afresh and that makes me feel so much better.
In fact, I've decided to dip my toes into the new (to me) and uncharted territory of the original and green plans as they will make me think afresh about what I'm doing and help ensure that I'm not bored. To this end, I've planned the next few days and been shopping, so I'm back on the wagon and feeling determined!
(By way of a change, I went shopping in Morrisons which has just been refurbished. Apparently, it's the new style and my local branch is the first in the country to be done. The fruit and veg section looked absolutely fantastic, all set out like a market with some veg on (covered) ice and what I assume was dry ice being pumped over them. And what a range - all sorts of exotic things - so I'm going to start trying something new every time I go, starting from the next visit!)

Fantastic. Well done for drawing the line, handling those bad days this way is what makes the difference to you being successful and will help you to make the plan sustainable long term x

Thank you for those kind words!

Things are still going well, and I'm about to start a minimins food diary. This means, by my way of thinking because I'm a shy and very private person, that I have made a commitment to a wider public in a similar way to those people who weigh in at a meeting every week.

I like being in control of things again; it's a good feeling!

ShrinkingLilly said:
Thank you for those kind words!

Things are still going well, and I'm about to start a minimins food diary. This means, by my way of thinking because I'm a shy and very private person, that I have made a commitment to a wider public in a similar way to those people who weigh in at a meeting every week.

I like being in control of things again; it's a good feeling!

Brilliant :) x keep it up x

Back