Shrinki's low carb food diary

shrinki

Gold Member
Hello!

I spent a year doing Atkins in 2009. I dropped about 3 stone. Then I emigrated and Atkins went out of the window. I gained back two stone. I then decided to go on SW for a change and lost a stone which is where I am now! I have decided to come back to low carb, using the knowledge I already have from OWLing. I am not going back to induction as it made me feel pretty ill and I know what my CCL stands at about 45g. I'm trying to keep it below 30g.

I am going to Dubai in 2.5 weeks so would like so hope for a good initial loss;)

I thought I'd start this diary so that I can keep a record of what I have eaten and record the recipes here (with a pic) so that I can refer back to it.. And it may give others ideas too.

Please do let me know if you think any of my carb counts are wrong.
Diary will start below :D

Last edited:
Monday 19 March

Coffee (1) with cream (1) and Splenda (1)

Breakfast
Bacon bits, mayo and 35g cheddar on Chinese leaf. I rolled them after the pic was taken!
Approx 1g carb

image-1689580118.jpg

Lunch
Egg Foo Yung
Recipe
3 eggs (1.5g)
1 large spring onion chopped (including green part), 1 garlic clove, handful of sliced mushrooms, chilli flakes. (3g max)

Beat eggs and then mix in ingredients above. Heat frying pan with peanut oil until very hot. Poor in mixture and cook for a couple of minutes and then turn flip and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve with soya sauce.

This was really nice but I'd add prawns next time.

image-3590414502.jpg

Snacks - marmite cheddar bite (0.2g) slice of ham with dash of mustard.

Last edited:
Hi shrinki
Nice to see your diary. Marmite cheddar bites my favourite addiction:D

Hi shrinki good menu and thanks for posting the pics. Great way to get ideas. X

Kat1e said:
Hi shrinki
Nice to see your diary. Marmite cheddar bites my favourite addiction:D

Hi Kat1e :)
Unfortunately, I can't buy them here in Switzerland but bought some back with me when I visited the uk last week and just love them! My dad is coming over the week after next so I will ask him to stock up!

nevadiva said:
Hi shrinki good menu and thanks for posting the pics. Great way to get ideas. X

Hi Nevadiva :)
Glad you like the pics - dinner is in the oven so another one to post shortly! X

Dinner was a philly recipe. Chicken stuffed with Philly and wrapped with Parma Ham (I used bacon and full fat Philadelphia).
Philadelphia Stuffed Chicken & Parma Ham

image-2091393448.jpg

And I served it with runner beans and a dab of butter. Yum. Will make it again for sure.

I had lime mousse (sf lime jelly with some double cream mixed in before it completely sets). I didn't take a pic as it looked like frog spawn haha! I would just have the jelly with cream on top next time to be honest.

Finished off with another (my final) marmite cheddar bite :-D

I have another (although turkey) stuffed with Philly and wrapped with bacon for tomorrow. Will chill it and then slice it up.

Loving this woe! Have missed it!

Added to say - I have been looking through the Philadelphia recipe section and there are so many low carb friendly ideas on there :). I love Philadelphia so will be trying lots out. I fancy the bacon and avocado dip and the beef stroganoff - yum!

Last edited:
Just here to follow :)
Keep it up xx

Morning Shrinki... Great pics! You're doing well ... Good to know your carb level already and I guess it helps you're already familiar with Atkins...

I'll definitely try your egg foo yung at the weekend !! Xxx

Alpaca said:
Morning Shrinki... Great pics! You're doing well ... Good to know your carb level already and I guess it helps you're already familiar with Atkins...

I'll definitely try your egg foo yung at the weekend !! Xxx

Hi Alpaca

Thanks for the support :)

Atkins is the diet I know the best as did it religiously for a year. The only mistake last time was letting too many fake foods (low carb substitutes) in. Low carb pittas, pastas etc. will try to avoid that this time as it definitely slows the progress.

Am feeling very positive. Had the best nights sleep I've had in ages and feel clear headed this morning.

I hope you like the egg fu yung - I am going to have it again tomorrow - will grab some prawns to go with it and will also add some sliced chilli I think :drool: it does need a bit of soya sauce on the side too.

Morning shrinki, your dinner looks delicious, I have been eating Philadelphia on a mim but forgot about using it in cooking, thanks for the reminder :)

Food so far today - TUESDAY

Coffee with cream x 2

Breakfast
Small portion of smoked salmon with capers and black pepper. Photo taken on one of my daughters diddy plates!

image-1964624697.jpg

Hiya :)

Your food is looking delicious, particularly the chicken stuffed with philly x

Lunch today was a salad with cheddar, spring onion, bacon and jalapeños (added mayo after pic was taken).

image-332445952.jpg

After lunch - black earl grey tea.

PS Just to give you an idea of quantity, the black and white plate is only slightly larger than the standard side plate.

Food pics are great, and great link to the philly website for more ideas...
:thankyou:

Back