Sick and tired of being fat and tired

Bananarama

I've just turned 26. I'm pretty happy with my life, I've achieved most of the things I've wanted to at this stage in my life. I've got a great partner, I've travelled a lot, I've saved up for laser eye surgery, my own car and all the travelling. Over a year ago I had a breast reduction which was without a doubt the best thing I've ever done.
I'm one of those people with list. I make lists every New Year's Day of things I want to have done and seen by the time the next new year rolls around. I do it on my birthday. Most of these lists have the same things written on them:

• get down to 10 stone
  • run a 5k and start working towards a 10k
  • Learn to speak Spanish
  • Do a first aid course.

You get the jist I'm sure. There were lots of other things on the lists, that aren't there anymore because I worked hard to make them happen. It was my birthday last weekend. On Monday morning I got up and started the First Aid course. Tick. I'm currently researching spanish classes in my area and will have started by the 1st of September if it kills me. Nearly tick.

But those other two...hanging around there year after year after year (and I'm only 26 for god's sake). This time has got to be the last time. My eating habits have never been great, but recently they have taken a serious turn for the worse, and Im ashamed to say i've been heading down the road towards bulimia. I think its good that I can see this and am aware of the need to stop immediately. As of now, sitting down to write this, I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm not going to put things in my mouth that I feel the need to puke up again.I'm just about to go for a run/walk (maybe a shuffle would be a better name for it, but we all have to start somewhere!!!)))

I don't know if anyone will read this, and I don't care really, but I need to do this for myself.
Starting today I'm going to keep track of my weight and my progress in training for a 5k.
i currently weigh 161.25lbs, and hope to have 31.25 of those melt off between now and next july. That gives me a full year to turn my life around. If anyone would like to join me, please do!

Last edited:
day one off to a good start....went for a 10k walk/run. Did it in just under 90 minutes and according to my mapmyrun app i burned 1050calories. really not sure how accurate that is but its good motivation to do it again tomorrow...

also signed up for slimming world online. onwards and downwards as they say..

Hello :)

You definitely sound determined! And I think you have set yourself a realistic and a very achievable goal of a whole year. Too many times in the past I have failed diets, including SW, because I have felt the results are too slow. What I should of been thinking was that it was all still going in the right direction! I could have been at goal ages ago if I had been patient but Im still at square 1!!!

Im currently doing a VLCD (very low calorie diet) called Cambridge Weight Plan as I am in the obese range and have a lot of weight to lose and having completed it in the past, it is actually the only diet that I have stuck to and been successful on. I lost 4st in 3months back in 2008 before having my daughter and am hoping to lose at least that again plus a bit more if I can :p

I will keep popping in to see how you are getting on!

Well done for taking the first steps to getting where you want to be, they are always the hardest steps to take!!! x

Hi Bananarama

Well done on the 10k- are you following a specific walk/run programme or jogging as long as you can then walking for a bit and repeat? I'm trying to get to a comfortable 10k too :)

I am 25 and a massive list maker and its awesome you have ticked off so many of your goals, plus your weightloss/running ones tie in together nicely. Good luck!!

Back