sick of been told what i can and cant eat!!!

emzy1985

getting really annoyed if i say i fancy something like right now a domino's my fella sayinbge wel you cant have one.
I know i cant have one and i dont need some one to bloody tell me!!:mad:

Oh hun, I know how that can feel at times, its like when I used to crave something and people would say no you cant have that your on a diet, I just felt like saying yeah I no I am not gonna have I am just saying I want it lol, but I understand your frustration. Chin up and smile :) x

Maybe he's trying to be helpful in a blokey way...

When I say I fancy something, my mum's partner always says "well you'll never lose weight if you eat that" - I think he's just trying to be motivational and helpful.. Still pisses me off though, but I try and look at it that at least he's not trying to saboutage my weight loss :D

I got really mad at my Dad the other day when I'd had a really shitty day and was setting off to get myself some fish and chips. He was all "well, if you think that's a good idea..." and I got mad but it stopped me getting them, had some grilled chicken instead, and after an hour or so I felt really glad he'd stopped me!

He really prob does think he is being supportive and helpful.... and in fairness if he came home with a dominos for you, you'd be annoyed cause he is tempting you.

I know how you feel though my mum used to do that all the time, saying you shouldn't be eating that or start again tomorrow etc.... thinking she was being helpful but really it made me feel like eating it more just to spite her!! (lol i must have issues) but i really wanted to do things on my terms and didn't needed someone else reminding me of what needed to be done.

lol when i was on exante i got a tuna baguette and my dh was literally chasing me around the room to get it off me i was so mad when he did that i went upstairs for a nap and when i woke up and came back down i was glad he did it.

My personal favourite is if I meet my mum for lunch and she asks "Can you eat or are you dieting?" I am dieting but I can and bloody will eat! I just won't be eating crap!

It always amuses me the ways in which our lovely families think they are helping us!

My doctor who wants me to lose weight used this nice little anecdote to spur me on - He and his wife had recently had a baby and all his wife would do was complain about how her baby weight wasn't shifting. So at every meal she'd dish her plate up and he'd take it straight off her, remove half of the food and hand it back to her.

Now if I was her, I don't think I'd be too ecstatic but she DID lose the weight and quickly too. As he says, you don't get fat in a famine and if you ARE overweight, there's not really such thing as too small a portion (provided it's balanced food, not tat)

Just glad he's only my Doctor, not my husband!

My personal favourite is if I meet my mum for lunch and she asks "Can you eat or are you dieting?" I am dieting but I can and bloody will eat! I just won't be eating crap!

Ha ha ha my mum does this. When i ring my dad and sayim coming for tea dad but do something healthy he will make sausage and mash but HUGE amounts and say its ok its veg and meat haha bless xx

I'm ok this morning just hate been told o can't do something I know he tryon to be supportive in his own way lol thanks everyone x x

Glad you feeling better this morning. I know that feeling my partners always doing it, even when im doing my 30day shred workout every 2minutes hes commenting im doing smething wrong even if im not :mad: then he will be like come on you can do it then i will buy you a KFC ... i don bloody want a KFC thats why im fat stupid LOL ....

P.S i think this thread should be amde a sticky for everyone to come and let there angry out about there 'loved' ones not being lovely :rolleyes:

xx

Maybe he's trying to be helpful in a blokey way...

When I say I fancy something, my mum's partner always says "well you'll never lose weight if you eat that" - I think he's just trying to be motivational and helpful.. Still pisses me off though, but I try and look at it that at least he's not trying to saboutage my weight loss :D

I wish i had that support lol. Everyday my mum trys to make me fall off the wagon but todays day 10 and im still firmly on it :D

Exactly I'm choosing not to have it lol people not on diets just don't seem to get it lol I agree everyone needs to vent every now again lol x x

Exactly I'm choosing not to have it lol people not on diets just don't seem to get it lol

Yeah - I try not to say to anyone when I am offered some thing that I can't have it because I am on a diet the automatic answer is oh yes you can etc. I just say no thanks and if they carry on just say I don't fancy it at the moment. In fact I don't even share that I am on a diet except to a few trusted people. It's like a red rag to a bull for a lot of people.

I find peoples ignorance really annoying. The great thing about WW is that -nothing- is out of bounds. So if I decide after 5 days, I've saved 3 points every day, and I want a curry - I bloody well will have one and I will STILL lose weight.

Everyone just assumes when you're on a diet, -everything- that is *nice* is not an option.

UGH!

i make my own currys with chopped tomatos of a bunch of herbs and spices/onion/garlic etc...and 0% fat greek yog, its sooo good!

I made a chicken korma last week and someone at work was saying, what, you can have that? Well, yes! I cooked it out of the ww cook book and it was lovely! The same nurse then made me buttered toast in the morning which i politely refused. I get the feeling that she might be a bit jealous because she's been saying for ages that she wants to lose weight.

It does suck but if you have pp's left then you could have a slice so long as it's pointed. x

Back