Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

EE

Breakfast:
2 x bread (from 400g nimble wholemeal loaf) (Hexb)
Baked Beans (ss)
Scrambled eggs x 2
Banana
Apple (s)
Coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch:
Lentil and Bacon soup (Lentils (s) carrots (s) onions (s) garlic, bacon, potatoes, stock pots)
2 x plums (s)
Melon (ss)
Shape Delight crumble yoghurt 0.5 syns

1 hour 30 of exercise (wii fit, wii sports and weights done)....might see if I am up to doing the zumba later...did another hour on zumba and resistance bands

6pints of water

Dinner:
Pizza topped chicken (chicken (s) red onion (s) red pepper (s) garlic, stock, tomatoes (s) passata (s)
herbs and 42g low fat cheeses (hexa))
Mashed potatoes with butternut squash (s) mashed in and chicken stock
Swede (s) and black pepper with fat free fromage frais
Greens (s)
Mangetout (s)
Syn free gravy
Sugar free Jelly 0.5 syns
Strawberries (ss) and Raspberries (ss)

Extras:
3 x Yellow Plums
Crumble Yoghurt 0.5 syns

Total for day = 3 syns

Last edited:
Hi Hun,
How are you today?
Yeah I had a really good day food wise was really happy and as much as I always say I'm not going to...I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I am happy with that. My hands look and feel better this morning too (someone recommended I had a bath with Bicarbonate of Soda in it, so I gave it a go, have to bathe in it every other day), the old skin is shedding nicely and the skin underneath looks lovely and clear (not been like that for a long time), may be a mixture of the Bicarb and the lower dose tablets...watch this space lol
The syn free gravy...I so hate wasting syns n sauces, especially gravy which is quite high in my opinion and the way I make it is for 4 people...
Get a medium size bowl and half fill it with boiling water, add 3 oxo cubes and whisk till they are completely dissolved, then add Mr Mash from Asda (or Smash, but someone said Smash was no longer syn free...don't know cos I haven't checked yet) until you reach the consistency you like, I also like herbs in my gravy so I add them according to what I am eating...it's really lovely .
Have a great day hun , I am off to soak in my bicarb bath. xx

Fantastic news about your skin improving Lily, I really hope that the new lower dosage and your Bi-carb baths fix it all for you. There is someone at my work who suffers with really bad dematitis which I know is not the same thing but he comes into work some days with his hands covered in blisters and his skin splitting and cracking up so I can understand a little how difficult it must be for you x

I love your tip for thickening gravy I will definately give that a go as I love my gravy to be really thick!!

You had time to write a menu? :eek: What -did the Sky man escape? :p

I'm having a green day tomorrow. I have to have that soup. :drool:

Fantastic news about your skin improving Lily, I really hope that the new lower dosage and your Bi-carb baths fix it all for you. There is someone at my work who suffers with really bad dematitis which I know is not the same thing but he comes into work some days with his hands covered in blisters and his skin splitting and cracking up so I can understand a little how difficult it must be for you x

I love your tip for thickening gravy I will definately give that a go as I love my gravy to be really thick!!

Thanks for your kind words Becky...maybe you could mention to your work colleague about the bicarb baths, or soaks....my daughter and granddaughter both have Eczema and they are trying them too...fingers crossed...my hands and feet itch like mad after but once I have applied my emulsifier it settles nicely...hands are definitely improving ...not so sure about the feet yet, as I am on them a lot they tend to take longer to see the benefits of any treatment
Love the gravy too...found the recipe on here actually, had heard there was syn free gravy and as I am mean with my syns..really don't like wasting them on sauces and gravy when I can waste them on a bag of snack a jacks or something just as tasty lol xx

You had time to write a menu? :eek: What -did the Sky man escape? :p

I'm having a green day tomorrow. I have to have that soup. :drool:

Lmao I wrote the menu and that's only the 1st half ...knew we were having chicken, didn't know how it was going to be cooked but have now decided...yummy

I did all I could to keep Mr Gorgeous here, I :banana dancer: at him (although that alone may have been enough to make him run for the hills), I :rolleyes: :silly:, I offered food :sign0137: and :coffee:even a :beer8: and I clung to his leg too, (you think maybe that was taking it a little too far?) waiting for you guys, but he gave that look...you know the one :eek: and made a :bolt: for the door in :fear: and is now gone and I am :cry:...now I have to break the top box again to get him to come back and force hubby to go :character0053: hmm.
I fear the wet patch caused by me :drool: may also have been too much...ah well I will just have to live with my memories :4635:...for now :sign0151: xx

Lmao I wrote the menu and that's only the 1st half ...knew we were having chicken, didn't know how it was going to be cooked but have now decided...yummy

I did all I could to keep Mr Gorgeous here, I :banana dancer: at him (although that alone may have been enough to make him run for the hills), I :rolleyes: :silly:, I offered food :sign0137: and :coffee:even a :beer8: and I clung to his leg too, (you think maybe that was taking it a little too far?) waiting for you guys, but he gave that look...you know the one :eek: and made a :bolt: for the door in :fear: and is now gone and I am :cry:...now I have to break the top box again to get him to come back and force hubby to go :character0053: hmm.
I fear the wet patch caused by me :drool: may also have been too much...ah well I will just have to live with my memories :4635:...for now :sign0151: xx

This just made me laugh - just what I needed after a rough day at work!!!

This just made me laugh - just what I needed after a rough day at work!!!

Glad I could help hun lol xx

But Mr Gorgeous was so hot ...I thought I was having hot flushes again lmao

Just the thought makes me hot ....off for my 5th shower of the day lol xx

Last edited:
lol lily you do crack me up

hehehe...he was a real hottie hun :sigh2:, I was trying to think of ways to keep hubby occupied lol xx made my day ....actually no scrub that, made my century :faint2: lol xx

You must have the only hot Sky man in the country. Not fair. hmmm altho my plumber is pretty tasty. Its amazing how much work I've been finding for him. :rolleyes:

You must have the only hot Sky man in the country. Not fair. hmmm altho my plumber is pretty tasty. Its amazing how much work I've been finding for him. :rolleyes:

Hun I have had Sky engineers out 5 times over the last 3 weeks, when we had the big storms my box blew up, so they replaced it again and again and again etc...because they only recondition them now and they kept buzzing and hissing so loud you coudn't actually hear the telly...so we decided to upgrade instead and get a HD box, got a good deal otherwise they could have kept that too...I am mean with my pennies as well lol, so I was expecting the dork ...ooops sorry I mean the very nice gent that turned up last 5 times...but today it was Mr Gorgeous a real Adonis :sigh2:...I was shocked and a little put out that I wasn't at my gorgeous best lmfao
Maybe we could swap for a bit, you have my Sky man and I'll have your plumber :cool:xx

Wi for me tonight, why do I always get an upset tummy the morning of wi? Not that I am complaining, ever ounce off helps lol
Am hoping for 3lb off tonight to get my next shiny but will take anything especially as my head wasn't in it for 4 days (back on track now though)...my scales say -2lb but we'll see,

Breakfast :
2 x boiled eggs
1 x Bread (from 400g wholemeal loaf) 2.5 syns
Apple
Banana

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
2 x plums

Dinner:
2 x Morrisons 60% fat free sausages 1 syn
2 Rashers Bacon
Tomatoes (fresh and tinned)
Baked Beans
Mushrooms
Poached eggs
Salad
2 x 400g Slices Allinsons Batch loaf (Hexb) + 2 syns (hubby bought wrong bread)
2 x Shape Delights 1 syn

Extras:
2x Yellow Plums
Apple
Banana
Bag of Ryvita Minis 4 syns

Total for the day = 10.5 Syns

Did 1 hour of weights before wi
Drank 5 pints of water

Last edited:
Good luck for Wi Lily x

Thank you Becky...I lost another 2lb tonight, was hoping for the 2.5lb to get my next shiny, but that will definitely be here next week shining away next to all the others lol xx

Well done love :) 2 lbs is excellent! It's slowly coming off right :) soon you'll be at target and you'll wonder how quickly its taken u to get there xxx

Well done love :) 2 lbs is excellent! It's slowly coming off right :) soon you'll be at target and you'll wonder how quickly its taken u to get there xxx

Thank you hun, I am really very pleased, didn't have my head in it this week, but still kind of kept a mental tally on what I was doing so 2lbs I will definitely take that lol and now NOTHING is going to stop me getting that next shiny next week xx

Already congratulated you on your loss elsewhere but had to come here and do it too. :D WELL DONE LILY!

So what colour is the next shiny you're gunning for? Don't know beyond the lovely green 4 stone one that I've set my sights on.

Already congratulated you on your loss elsewhere but had to come here and do it too. :D WELL DONE LILY!

So what colour is the next shiny you're gunning for? Don't know beyond the lovely green 4 stone one that I've set my sights on.

Thank you hun, I was very happy last night but also gutted that it didn't stretch just that extra half pound, that'll teach me to get reckless won't it lol
I am looking to pick up the red/orange it's a combination of both and want my 5st shiny in just a few weeks too (not sure of the colour of that one, will have to go have a look).
My consultant is fairly new as a consultant, just coming up to his 3rd year and has never had anyone lose more than 5st in his group...so I am aiming to hit a minimum of 6st by my 1st year anniversary so got a couple of months or so to get off another 22lb at least, so really got to knuckle down now.
He was talking about the Woman of the year competition they run every year and I was initially thinking oh no I can't do that, but then thought this morning why the heck not? So I have decided to enter myself in the race...you never know lol xx

Back