Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Sounds like you are going to get there no problem with the determination you have and the great incentive of the baby. Hope you'll not mind if I come along for the ride too. :)

Mind ???? No Hun I INSIST !!! :hug99: xxxx

Lily42uk said:
hey sweetie ...you know what's even more spooky, look at our current weight ....lol
I am definitely up for keeping each other in line and we will definitely be there hun ...it's hard to imagine it cos I can't remember the last time I was that low, I was 14st 4lbs when I got preggie with kelly 33 years ago and was 10st 7lb when I had her (I was sick all day and all night the whole pregnancy, lived on baked beans or jam on toast lol), but right after that I piled it back on and was close to 20st in 1986 when I won a holiday and was 11st 10lb when I went on the holiday 8 months later, but came back from hols and by time I got preggie with Kirsty in 1988 I was back up to 16st again and stayed there until my accident in 1998.
So I am well up for this and will be pushing you as much as I hope you'll be pushing me :hug99: xxxx

Lilly, I am like you... I can't remember the last time I was not overweight!

Well I can actually, I was 17 and I was 10stone!! I met my 1st Hubby and was married at 21 and the weight piled on.

Then for as long as I can remember, I have fluctuated between 19 & 24 stone!! I have done loads of diets in the past but always given up when I have lost a couple of times!!

NOT THIS TIME... I am in this journey till I get to 22 stone!!!!

There are so many wonderful people on here that help and keep me motivated but it's extra special when the 'Journey' I very similar! :)

Xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lilly, I am like you... I can't remember the last time I was not overweight!

Well I can actually, I was 17 and I was 10stone!! I met my 1st Hubby and was married at 21 and the weight piled on.

Then for as long as I can remember, I have fluctuated between 19 & 24 stone!! I have done loads of diets in the past but always given up when I have lost a couple of times!!

NOT THIS TIME... I am in this journey till I get to 22 stone!!!!

There are so many wonderful people on here that help and keep me motivated but it's extra special when the 'Journey' I very similar! :)

Xxxxxxxxx

Same here sweetie but not the 22st bit :giggle: think you need to edit that a bit lol
We are in this together.....I don't necessarily respond well to challenges like we have on Curvies, they are inspiring but for me i prefer a more specific challenge...so now you have said we will do this together and have said you'll be there making sure I do, now that I'm back in the zone that then becomes something I have to do...the carrot on a stick syndrome lol...same as Kelly dangling the meal....its not about the meal it's the challenge of beating her and not even necessarily beating her, but not getting left behind ...so go us and that means all of us !!! :hug99: xxxxxx

Lily42uk said:
Same here sweetie but not the 22st bit :giggle: think you need to edit that a bit lol
We are in this together.....I don't necessarily respond well to challenges like we have on Curvies, they are inspiring but for me i prefer a more specific challenge...so now you have said we will do this together and have said you'll be there making sure I do, now that I'm back in the zone that then becomes something I have to do...the carrot on a stick syndrome lol...same as Kelly dangling the meal....its not about the meal it's the challenge of beating her and not even necessarily beating her, but not getting left behind ...so go us and that means all of us !!! :hug99: xxxxxx

Oops... That was definately a miss type!!

12 stone here we come!! No way I am going back up to 22stone!!! X

Oops... That was definately a miss type!!

12 stone here we come!! No way I am going back up to 22stone!!! X

:8855: phew ...me either :hug99: xxx

Wow Lily on the 3lb loss and the fact that you have a new grandchild on the way..................... fantastic news :)

I always knew you had overcome challenges in your life from previous posts, but tho you had spoken about your accident resulting in a back injury through work I hadn't realised how it had come about ................. you really are a strong lady with loads of determination and a true inspiration to all :) No wonder your pen-friend is your best friend, what a wonderful thing to do for someone..... spend their life's savings in order to help out a friend and then go that extra mile and speak frankly to you about what you needed to do and not take no for an answer...............you have inspired such loyalty and true friendship in that lady, so no wonder so many of us call in to your diary to get our own piece of inspiration from you. Very few ppl can do what you have done....................... you really are a lovely special lady.

I too am going to be called Nanna..................but that means the boys (read men) leaving home first...................one day :sigh:

Wow Lily on the 3lb loss and the fact that you have a new grandchild on the way..................... fantastic news :)

I always knew you had overcome challenges in your life from previous posts, but tho you had spoken about your accident resulting in a back injury through work I hadn't realised how it had come about ................. you really are a strong lady with loads of determination and a true inspiration to all :) No wonder your pen-friend is your best friend, what a wonderful thing to do for someone..... spend their life's savings in order to help out a friend and then go that extra mile and speak frankly to you about what you needed to do and not take no for an answer...............you have inspired such loyalty and true friendship in that lady, so no wonder so many of us call in to your diary to get our own piece of inspiration from you. Very few ppl can do what you have done....................... you really are a lovely special lady.

I too am going to be called Nanna..................but that means the boys (read men) leaving home first...................one day :sigh:

Awwww Dawn thank you so much, what a lovely post, you really know how to make me :cry: it was such a nice post.

Sometimes Dawn I am sick of remembering the bad times, but I know without them and there have been a lot, I wouldn't be here now...it really is true when they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...when I was growing up I was told I was the weakest sibling of all 7 of us, and I believed that...until now, I see my siblings (the ones I still speak to) and I know I am the strongest and I am determined not to let anything get to me anymore.
My friend in Australia is the best friend anyone could ever hope to meet, I have been to hers once and she has been here twice now and will be back next year...she is like a sister to me and my kids and grandkids all call her auntie Sue....she will be a witness at mark and kirsty's wedding and a godmother to the baby. Everyone should be lucky to have a friend like her....she calls herself the B*tch, and it fits she can be the biggest B ever, she won't take any nonsense, but she has a heart of gold...without her I would still be that mess at 31 and a half st...her favourite saying is "Pay it Forward"...so everyday that's what I try to do...she rescued me and I want to rescue others like me ...sounds like a fairy tale...but my life has always been more like a fairytale than real life....you honestly wouldn't believe what I have had happen in my life and if I were in most peoples place I wouldn't either....but I swear on my grandchildrens and childrens lives, every word I utter is 100% the truth. My sister and I discuss it often and we have lived it and still can't quite believe it lol

Anyway enough ....I have been writing a book for years, one day I might get round to actually finishing it, if I do I'll let you guys read the finished version...not sure I'd ever want to publish it, but writing it down has been very theraputic :hug99:

Nanna is by far the best title, I love it and it sounds so right when the kids say it too :hug99: xxxx

Awwww Dawn thank you so much, what a lovely post, you really know how to make me :cry: it was such a nice post.

Sometimes Dawn I am sick of remembering the bad times, but I know without them and there have been a lot, I wouldn't be here now...it really is true when they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...when I was growing up I was told I was the weakest sibling of all 7 of us, and I believed that...until now, I see my siblings (the ones I still speak to) and I know I am the strongest and I am determined not to let anything get to me anymore.
My friend in Australia is the best friend anyone could ever hope to meet, I have been to hers once and she has been here twice now and will be back next year...she is like a sister to me and my kids and grandkids all call her auntie Sue....she will be a witness at mark and kirsty's wedding and a godmother to the baby. Everyone should be lucky to have a friend like her....she calls herself the B*tch, and it fits she can be the biggest B ever, she won't take any nonsense, but she has a heart of gold...without her I would still be that mess at 31 and a half st...her favourite saying is "Pay it Forward"...so everyday that's what I try to do...she rescued me and I want to rescue others like me ...sounds like a fairy tale...but my life has always been more like a fairytale than real life....you honestly wouldn't believe what I have had happen in my life and if I were in most peoples place I wouldn't either....but I swear on my grandchildrens and childrens lives, every word I utter is 100% the truth. My sister and I discuss it often and we have lived it and still can't quite believe it lol

Anyway enough ....I have been writing a book for years, one day I might get round to actually finishing it, if I do I'll let you guys read the finished version...not sure I'd ever want to publish it, but writing it down has been very theraputic :hug99:

Nanna is by far the best title, I love it and it sounds so right when the kids say it too :hug99: xxxx

Sorry Lily, didn't mean to upset you, just wanted to say how lovely you are to inspire such devotion and loyalty in ppl.................that is a gift. Once a long time ago, I remember reading that ppl are sent along to help us at time when our need is greatest and I truthfully believe that and sometimes our friends stay to be with us always and sometimes friendships fade as their purpose is done. I believe in fate and you and your friend were meant to find each other and she gave you what you needed at the right time and that was support and encouragement and the strength to not take no for an answer. She probably could say the things that your family wanted to but couldn't and you probably took it from her when you wouldn't have taken if from them.....................if that makes sense :)

I believe true friendship doesn't need to be kept going as you can pick it up and put it down as if you have never been away..................I have several friends like that and know that if I needed them in a hurry then they would drop everything for me and the feeling is returned. We don't see each other often as we all work full time and then the weekends are taken up with other stuff, but it doesn't change our friendship.

I've gone off on a ramble again haven't I...............................but I hope you get the gist :)

Sorry Lily, didn't mean to upset you, just wanted to say how lovely you are to inspire such devotion and loyalty in ppl.................that is a gift. Once a long time ago, I remember reading that ppl are sent along to help us at time when our need is greatest and I truthfully believe that and sometimes our friends stay to be with us always and sometimes friendships fade as their purpose is done. I believe in fate and you and your friend were meant to find each other and she gave you what you needed at the right time and that was support and encouragement and the strength to not take no for an answer. She probably could say the things that your family wanted to but couldn't and you probably took it from her when you wouldn't have taken if from them.....................if that makes sense :)

I believe true friendship doesn't need to be kept going as you can pick it up and put it down as if you have never been away..................I have several friends like that and know that if I needed them in a hurry then they would drop everything for me and the feeling is returned. We don't see each other often as we all work full time and then the weekends are taken up with other stuff, but it doesn't change our friendship.

I've gone off on a ramble again haven't I...............................but I hope you get the gist :)

Hey sweetie, you didn't upset me ...quite the opposite they were tears of ...what?? how do you describe those tears, not quite happiness, but warmth is maybe the word I want. I do try to help everyone I can, even if it is with just words, I have to pay forward what was shown to me and to be honest I know the struggle I have had all these years with my weight and really don't want to see anyone else take that same road....I got lucky, I never had a heart attack or any other immediate problems, yes I did develop the diabetes, but to be honest I feel that was a lucky escape from something a whole lot worse...and with weight loss, healthy eating and exercise I can eliminate it hopefully.
I am the same as you, I really do believe people are sent to us, my friend is just 10 days older than me and we got to know each other through a scrabble room of all places, we would regularly play each other and chat as we did and as we chatted we found we had loads in common and the friendship grew and grew and as I said that was 1997, we have met 3 times but I still count her as my bestie, we regularly chat on the phone or now by webcam...but even when we haven't been able to (she is a massive John Farnham fan and follows him all over Australia and can be gone for weeks or even months at a time), we still always just pick up where we left off....I have been lucky enough to have 3 really good friends in my life (I have struggled with forming friendships as I wasn't allowed friends as a child and was deterred from forming bonds with my siblings, one day I'll emphasise on that but it's not something I really want to remember, not because it upsets me, but because it was in another lifetime, or that's how it feels), but they eventually fizzled out, even though they were long standing friendships, I think because as I became more secure I became more independent and the girls I was friends with were needy ...I don't regret any of them, they helped and were right at the time, I have met up with both the girls in the last 2 years and while we were friendly and had a nice chat and drink, we had changed too much to go back to the previous friendships, as they say :

Some friends are here for a reason
Some friends are for a season
And some friends are for a lifetime

All 3 of my friends take 1 each of them.....and I am glad they did cos they were right at the time.

So yes hun I do get the gist and don't worry I always ramble...I bet you didn't notice did ya ? :giggle: xxxx

Lily you're amazing x

When i have watched documentaries about larger people they never explain how people got there. So you end up judging. Well I do. How could they let that happen and so on.

So reading your honest and open posts today has really opened my eyes. And the fact that you have got to where you are now is impressive. You will reach your target - and your new grandbaby will have a fit and healthy slim nanna :)

Anyway I wasn't going to say anything but have.

I love reading your diary and definitely think you should write that book!

I'm with lisa on this.

More often than not I scan read the longer posts and quotes but something on yours explaining why you where the weight you were made me stop and read properly to take it in.

A-m-a-z-I-n-g

I'm with lisa on this.

More often than not I scan read the longer posts and quotes but something on yours explaining why you where the weight you were made me stop and read properly to take it in.

A-m-a-z-I-n-g

aww thank you hunni, I am off to put my feet up, while I can still see through the happy tears :hug99:

Nighty night everyone, sweet dreams :bighug: :zz: xxxx

Night night lovely lily :) Sweet Dreams xx

Morning Lilly... Hope you slept well.

The sun is shining here.. Have a wonderful day Hunny!! Xxx

Lily I absolutely love your friends quote
and how true it is....
I probably don't have a scooby doo in catching up
here Dawn say's my diary moves fast by boy
yours is epic :giggle: lovely lady
so by the time I have read it I have information
overload going round my head
there is so much I wanna comment on buts I have a brain
like a sieve hahah
but I must say I have to agree with Lisa
you are one amazing nana x

wow! you have really gone through so much! but it's so good to see you stronger than before. and even though you may consider yourself to have only 3 friends, you have many many more from everyone on minimins! hope you have a lovely day! :hug99:

Back