Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

EE

Breakfast: Punnet of cherries, 2x plums and an apple + FF yoghurt + coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch: Minestrone soup + 1/4 melon

Dinner: Stuffed Mushrooms yummmmmy lol 1 syn + (HEa), Moroccan chicken, new potatoes and salad

Did 1 and 15 mins of exercise and drank 2 pints of water

Supper: 2 x weetabix (HEb) yoghurt and banana + pint of water

Total for today = 2.5 syns ...so far may adjust later

Wi tonight, feel excited and nervous all rolled into one lol
Buffet night tonight too, I am making the sausage rolls (found the recipe on here),tried them once they were nice, but gonna try adding a few herbs and spices ...cya later xxx

Hey hun,
I lost 3lb was happy with that as my ankles are very swollen. Think I need to go see doc and get something for my water retention, it's getting quite bad these days. But like I said I am chuffed that's 3lb closer to my goal ...my daughter who has STS for 8 weeks and then lost 1lb last week had a massive 8lb loss this week...and she went drinking and had a bad food day sat and sun but swears she has drunk about 30-40 pints of water since then ...so guess what I am doing this weekl lol
Anyway hun I am off back to bed, fell asleep very early last night and woke at 4 when hubby left to go fishing, it's now nearly 5am so I am going to go hog the bed for a couple more hours and relish the peace and quiet for a few hours lol...speak soon xxxx

EE

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (HEb) a banana and toffee mullerlight, yummy banoffee pie for brekkie lol....oh and I pint NAS squash and 1 pint of water

It must be so hard taking steroids and loosing weight! I remember I was on them for a few weeks in hospital and I craved potatos so so bad that for meals i ordered the potatos all ways offered, i was ravenous too.

You can get some herbal tablets from boots for water retention btw might be worth a try but they do say drinking water is the best fix for it as it helps flush it out.

You've done amazingly well so far!! I know what you mean about saying this time is it your gunna do it and maintain it, i've done SW before and regained the weight tried WW and hated it but this time it all feels different like something has clicked into place :D

thats great lily well done! and well done to your daughter too :)

Thank you, hun and thanks on behalf of my daughter, we are both chuffed to pieces xxx

It must be so hard taking steroids and loosing weight! I remember I was on them for a few weeks in hospital and I craved potatos so so bad that for meals i ordered the potatos all ways offered, i was ravenous too.

You can get some herbal tablets from boots for water retention btw might be worth a try but they do say drinking water is the best fix for it as it helps flush it out.

You've done amazingly well so far!! I know what you mean about saying this time is it your gunna do it and maintain it, i've done SW before and regained the weight tried WW and hated it but this time it all feels different like something has clicked into place :D

Thank you Ali, yes it is very hard constantly being on steroids (40 years and counting lol) and the weight losses and gains are erratic, but I am so so determined this time and yes everything has just clicked into place, for the first time ever in my life it all seems to be working out. Gave up smoking 16 months ago after 40+ years and smoking 50 a day at the end and to be honest did it fairly easily too which has amazed me and now the same with my weight, no idea where this determination has come from but I bl**dy well like it lol and intend for it to stay. This is my first time with SW ...I was a WW's fanatic for many years but never really lost any major amounts of weight on it, I can't believe in just 7 months I have lost over 4st with SW and that was after losing 6+ st at home and then sticking for 6 months...I just love SW, my consultant Clive and the girls and guys who go to my group, they are amazing and so encouraging, just like minimin's but in a personal setting.
Thanks for the info on the water tabs I prefer not to take tablets and the herbal ones sound a better option for me...I drink water mostly...about 4-6 pints a day on average, but maybe need to up that a little.
Anyway Ali, thanks again and very good luck with your journey and YES we can and will do this xxxx

Lily42uk said:
Hey hun,
I lost 3lb was happy with that as my ankles are very swollen. Think I need to go see doc and get something for my water retention, it's getting quite bad these days. But like I said I am chuffed that's 3lb closer to my goal ...my daughter who has STS for 8 weeks and then lost 1lb last week had a massive 8lb loss this week...and she went drinking and had a bad food day sat and sun but swears she has drunk about 30-40 pints of water since then ...so guess what I am doing this weekl lol
Anyway hun I am off back to bed, fell asleep very early last night and woke at 4 when hubby left to go fishing, it's now nearly 5am so I am going to go hog the bed for a couple more hours and relish the peace and quiet for a few hours lol...speak soon xxxx

Oh wow congratulations...and wow to your daughter!

Go to the docs asap about the water retention xx

Oh wow congratulations...and wow to your daughter!

Go to the docs asap about the water retention xx

hey hun, how weird you should say that, I spent nearly 6 hours at the hospital today. Dropped a 5kg Kettlebell on my foot and have fractured a bone just below my big toe on my right foot, it's very very painful and means I won't be doing any exercise at all, or much of anything else come to that, can barely even stand and because of where the fracture is they haven't even plastered it...I am so annoyed with myself it was such a silly needless accident ...I am not sure right now if I am going to even be able to make it to my meetings, so right now I am going to just concentrate on what I eat and drink and hope for the best.
Anyway I am going to go bed, the painkillers are making me very drowsy, will speak soon xxx

Lily42uk said:
hey hun, how weird you should say that, I spent nearly 6 hours at the hospital today. Dropped a 5kg Kettlebell on my foot and have fractured a bone just below my big toe on my right foot, it's very very painful and means I won't be doing any exercise at all, or much of anything else come to that, can barely even stand and because of where the fracture is they haven't even plastered it...I am so annoyed with myself it was such a silly needless accident ...I am not sure right now if I am going to even be able to make it to my meetings, so right now I am going to just concentrate on what I eat and drink and hope for the best.
Anyway I am going to go bed, the painkillers are making me very drowsy, will speak soon xxx

Oh no :( you must be more careful with the kettle bells lily... Make sure you rest, concentrate on the food and drink and you'll be fine I'm sure.. Don't be annoyed with yourself, these things are here to test us.. I'm sure you have learnt your lesson ;-) x

hey hun, yes I know, I have had the kettke bells for a long time now and use them every day and decided to try a new programme with them, seems I wasn't ready, but lesson definitely learnt. Didn't sleep too well last night, as I couldn't get comfy, my foot doen't feel quite so sore this morning, but I do think the painkillers are definitely masking the pain,oh well guess I'll have to put up with being pampered for a while lol
Have a great day hun ...speak soon xxx

oh no! that sounds painful lily :(
you hear of people losing simply by watching what they ear on here a lot so i'm sure you'll be fine hun.

((hugs))

oh no! that sounds painful lily :(
you hear of people losing simply by watching what they ear on here a lot so i'm sure you'll be fine hun.

((hugs))

Thank you hun, I am sure I will be fine, even if I maintain for the next few weeks, I will be happy with that.
And yes it is very painful, the painkillers are helping but as soon as they wear off I need to take more ... I can't believe I was so silly, but still no use crying over spilt milk as they say, I can't change it so I have to make the most of being pampered instead lol.
Anyway hun, have a great day and I'll speak soon xxx

EE

Breakfast: 2x wholemeal bread (HEb), Baked beans, 1 tablespoon of Brown sauce 1 syn and scrambled egg, followed by 1/4 melon + coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch: small bowl of minestrone soup, pasta with tuna and 1 dessertspoon of light mayonnaise 1.5 syns cherries and melon

Dinner: SW shepherd's pie, with butternut squash, cabbage, carrots and mixed veg and gravy 1.5 syns cherries, melon and cup of tea with skimmed milk 0.5 syn

Total for the day = 6 syns

Last edited:
WOW, i have just read the first two pages of your diary and i am amazed at how well you have done! I will read more when i have time, for me you are a huge inspiration as at my heaviest i was 24st 1lb, i lost 2 stone exactly doing Weight Watchers old points plan and then went back up to 22st 11lbs which i was on tuesday when i started doing the SW plan! Hopefully i will do as well as you! The hard thing for me is to keep going, with having lots to lose i know its a long term thing and i get fed up! Keep up the great work! xxx

Back