Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hey Lily
Would love to see a piccie of the invite :D I love making things and used to make all my own cards too. These days its time that stops me so I rarely do so now. We have an amazing craft warehouse in Rushden and I used to spend a fortune there on card making stuff.

I am sorry about your other daughter, very sad , but only they can decide bless them.

How exciting re your outfit Lily. Its going to be a very special day for you all xxxxxx

You are v motivational...

I hate photos of me but I'm hoping to find a photo pre-weightloss & a couple in between. Seeing photos of me used to make me cry.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used to be the one that wouldn't have my photo taken, in fact my photo albums and I have loads of them of my girls and grandkids, have very few pictures of me in them.
But this is my personal album even though it's on here, and it's to help me see where I was and where i am never going back to and it's also thje first time since I started dieting 40+ years ago that I have actually got more than 2 pictures in it lol xx

Glad to see you back today Lily and pleased you had a good time, even if its tinged with sadness over DD1. Sorry to hear about that. ;)

Had a fabulous time, was really excited about sorting out all the beautiful things we had to buy, but was also very excited about actually walking round the shops, something I haven't done for over 14 years, even if it was only a few to start with.
My eldest daughter and I had a long chat last night,even though we are very close, it seems she and her hubby had been having problems for a number of years and had hidden them so as not to worry us. Whatever happens, I love my daughter and her husband and nothing there will change and I will be there to support them both and my grandchildren through this time, maybe there will be a miracle and it will all work out, but I won't be holding my breath xx

Hey Lily
Would love to see a piccie of the invite :D I love making things and used to make all my own cards too. These days its time that stops me so I rarely do so now. We have an amazing craft warehouse in Rushden and I used to spend a fortune there on card making stuff.

I am sorry about your other daughter, very sad , but only they can decide bless them.

How exciting re your outfit Lily. Its going to be a very special day for you all xxxxxx

Can't wait for the wedding there will be 5 of us (the 5 that go to slimming world together, myself, my 2 daughters and my 2 nieces,) and we will all be a lot smaller, (we all already are) and I can't wait to find my outfit either, would like to be no bigger than a 12-14 but we'll see.
Couldn't get the card up on here yesterday, but I am going to print some over the next few days, so will scan them and put them up xx

Last edited:
Ooh we could all help you look for an outfit for the big day. You could have all your little helpers scouring the internet looking for potential styles you might go for.
How exciting! :D

Ooh we could all help you look for an outfit for the big day. You could have all your little helpers scouring the internet looking for potential styles you might go for.
How exciting! :D

Oooh I like that idea, I have been overweight so long I wouldn't have a clue what style would suit me even.
I will most likely be pear shape as big hips run in my family as do big boobs lol...hmm that's more hourglass shape isn't it?..see not a clue, been too long and you forget when you wear tents all the time lol

I do love yellows and reds but not sure they are the way forward for the mother of the bride, don't want to look like a canary or a hooker come to that lol...maybe a nice lilac .......my daughter just said it's tradition to wear the same as her colour theme...may as well adapt one of her tablecloths then lol...not heard that one..have you? ....I can't believe how quickly it's coming round...only a year and 16 days to go....they started planning this right after they got engaged back in 2008... scary how quickly time flies xx

How exciting.. I have been a mother of the groom which was lovely but not as special as mother of the bride.. You can look forward to it so much more knowing how much weight youve lost.. My daughter in laws mum is a biggish woman and she had a personal shopper in Debenhams sort her out.. wow , she looked stunning..

Ooh what a great idea, I love the idea of a personal shopper, especially as I wouldn't have a clue what would suit me, where is Gok Won when you need him? lol
I have been mother of the bride before, but it's really not the same in a registry office, my eldest daughter is like me ...doesn't like being the centre of attention, my youngest however, is exactly like her dad (funny how my oldest is a mummy's girl and my youngest a daddy's girl lol), and loves being in the limelight, when her fiancée lost his job (he is re-employed now..1 day was all it took for him to get another job after trawling the streets) , there was a fleeting question as to whether they could afford a big church wedding, but my daughter said she'd sooner put the date back than to get married in a registry office, as she wouldn't feel married if it wasn't done in church in the eyes of god, I can see where she is coming from and it's her choice so i am happy to go with it xx

WI for me tonight, even though I know I have had a good week, I don't feel like I have lost any weight, we'll see...need to have a word with C my weight losses are very erratic, maybe he can come up with something ...cya all later xx

Hope it goes well for you tonight, sure it will. Main thing, have fun at class. ;)

Lost 1.5lbs this week, would have liked to have lost the 2lb i put on last week, but I'll settle for that.
No group as such tonight, we are not far from all the rioting, so were advised by SW to just weigh and go tonight.
Did have a quick word with my consultant though as my weight losses are erratic and have slowed down immensely, to almost stopping, so he has given me the Success express leaflet and after reading it, I am going to give it a go for this week and see how i get on ....:fingerscrossed: xx

Lily, can I join you on the success express? I was asking about it and not so sure but I found a post on the net with a plan from SW a while ago. Hoping its still the same.
Feel like I'd like to lift it off a bit for my weekend away.

And mega well done on the turnaround loss. :D:D

Didn't realise you were so close to all the rioting. Keep safe. ;)

Oooh I like that idea, I have been overweight so long I wouldn't have a clue what style would suit me even.
I will most likely be pear shape as big hips run in my family as do big boobs lol...hmm that's more hourglass shape isn't it?..see not a clue, been too long and you forget when you wear tents all the time lol

I do love yellows and reds but not sure they are the way forward for the mother of the bride, don't want to look like a canary or a hooker come to that lol...maybe a nice lilac .......my daughter just said it's tradition to wear the same as her colour theme...may as well adapt one of her tablecloths then lol...not heard that one..have you? ....I can't believe how quickly it's coming round...only a year and 16 days to go....they started planning this right after they got engaged back in 2008... scary how quickly time flies xx

Well done on your weight loss lily, the success express diet would suit you and get you losing more pounds, a women in my class loss 8lb she said it was like going back to her first week, good luck on it.

I was mother of the groom and wore powder blue, daughter in law mother wore lilac, when I was mother of the bride I wore a grey suit my daughter only gave us 5weeks notice and it was in a register office I wasn't pleased, missed out on all the things you are supposed to do with your daughter just like you are doing lily with your daughter, I cried for days after, I hate my son in law its a long story still don't talk to him now.

Jane x

Well done on your weight loss lily, the success express diet would suit you and get you losing more pounds, a women in my class loss 8lb she said it was like going back to her first week, good luck on it.

I was mother of the groom and wore powder blue, daughter in law mother wore lilac, when I was mother of the bride I wore a grey suit my daughter only gave us 5weeks notice and it was in a register office I wasn't pleased, missed out on all the things you are supposed to do with your daughter just like you are doing lily with your daughter, I cried for days after, I hate my son in law its a long story still don't talk to him now.

Jane x

Oh I hated my eldest daughter's wedding...even though I got married 4 weeks after her and had exactly the same kind of wedding, even wore the same outfit, just a different colour top on each, and even though it was how I wanted to get married, it's not what I wanted for my daughter (or if i'm really honest for me as mother of the bride lol). So now I am getting a second chance with my youngest daughter as she is doing the traditional church wedding....I am so excited about being at a reasonable weight and wearing a really nice outfit.
Fortunately I love both my son in laws, but funnily enough can't say the same for either of their families. I take parenthood very seriously, "if you didn't want your children you should have thought about it before you had them" so the sheer fact that you have had them means you owe them a decent moral upbringing, and while i have made mistakes with my children, it is the way I have always brought them up an d they have never brought trouble to my door and have always (so far) made the right moral decisions...I really can't say that for either of my son in laws families...some of the things I have seen them do disgust me and believe me I am definitely not a prude, by a long chalk. The funny thing is with both of my s-i-l's I am very close to them and they listen to a lot of the advice I give, and just because I gave birth to my girls, doesn't mean I will stand by them if I think they are wrong.

Success express....I am looking forward to doing it, but because I already had a structured meal plan with EE (I have to hav structure due to my diabetes control), it's thrown me a bit, and I have to make sure I get it right in my head before i can comfortably settle into it...I am sure i'll be fine and am looking forward to some good results from it.
Hope you're well hun xx

Well done on 1.5lb Lily and good luck with success express :D

Stay safe sweetie, I sure hope they have all these riots undercontrol very soon as its crazy xxxxx

Thanks hun, I am looking forward to doing the SE, just a little daunted by having to re-read and reassess everything I have done so far, but I think I am getting there lol

Don't even start me on the subject of the riots..I could rant for ever...my biggest grouse being the busy bodies trying to make excuses for the poor little hard done by, Blackberry owning (£200+phones), designer wearing, materialistic little bullies, that are complaining cos we ( I mean the gov and our taxes)the hard working mugs don't splash more of our tax payers money on places for them to get entertainment that they'll probably abuse anyway, because they are bored of their x-boxes, wii's and all the other gadgets and gizmo's their DSS claiming parents have bought them ...all I will say is there should be more people like the residents of Enfield...google it if you don't know what I'm talking about ...and I believe there will be ....ok mini rant over lol
Have a great day hun, hope you're good xx

P.S. I am totally behind anyone who wants to protest in a peaceful, civil manner about anything they have a valid reason to complain about xx

Well done Lily on weight loss and wise words and you're right Enfield residents are the truer face of UK. Looking forward to a masterclass on success express soon.

Well done Lily on weight loss and wise words and you're right Enfield residents are the truer face of UK. Looking forward to a masterclass on success express soon.

Thank you hun, Yep I am all for what the residents of Enfield and any where else for that matter, I told my hubby yesterday afternoon that's what the decent people would do...we Brits don't take kindly to anyone, let alone our own turning on us do we? lol
Am slowly getting the hang of SE...my Consultant told me that a lot of people don't get on with it because it's boring and structured...that's why I would get on with it lol...will update you soon xxx

Forgot to add yesterday's menu so here it is:

RED DAY+ SE

Breakfast:
2 x eggs Scrambled
Baked beans (HEXb)
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Coffee 2 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid Morning:
2 x Crumble Yoghurt 1 syn
2 x Yellow Plums
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
4 x Ryvita Original (HEXb)
5 x Laughing Cow Light (HEXa)
Large Mixed salad
Water (1 pint)

Mid Afternoon:
Peach
2 x Yellow Plums

Dinner:
Gammon steak (chopped and cooked in fry light with garlic, coriander, chilli, 2 tsp honey 1 syn and chinese five spice
100g New Potatoes (skins on) made into wedges 4 syns
Roast Beetroot
Carrots
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Tomatoes
Salad
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
3 x yellow plums
apple
2 x crumble yoghurt 1 syn
Slice of Cantaloupe Melon

Did 1 hour 45 mins of exercise (2 pints of water)

Total for the day = 9 syns

Last edited:
Well that answered my question on my diary regarding the sticky gammon recipe. :)

Your food looks lovely. Rarely think to use my HXB for baked beans. They're so filling, too. Must try that more often.

Back