Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Definately will be a loss tomorrow! well done!

Lilly, I can't wait to hear how you have done!!! :)

Reading your diary, I can tell you soooo back in plan!!! It's very motivating to read!!!

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thank you sweetie, I am so excited I am really tempted to jump on the scales for a sneaky peak, but I don't want to spoil the surprise either...this will be a test of my willpower if I can stay away from the scales :giggle:
I really am right back in the zone, to be honest even if it only says 0.5lb loss tomorrow as long as it's a loss I don't care, I know I have been 100% on plan and in the zone, I am a little concerned about the amount of rice and pasta I have consumed this week as I know it can have an adverse effect on me, so :fingerscrossed: but either way I know I am in the right place mentally and to be honest that's a lot more important than anything the scales have to say :hug99: xxxx

Lily with your motivation and attitude at the moment which shines from your diary, you can achieve anything ...................:D

Hi Lovely Lily. Got a lot of catching up to do - but glad to see you're doing so well (not that I expected anything else!). Hope wi goes really well later on :bighug: xxx

Lily with your motivation and attitude at the moment which shines from your diary, you can achieve anything ...................:D

Thanks Dawn, I really do feel very motivated and I am loving it, right back on track and ready to beat off those pounds :hug99: xxx
Hi Lovely Lily. Got a lot of catching up to do - but glad to see you're doing so well (not that I expected anything else!). Hope wi goes really well later on :bighug: xxx
Hello lovely Becky, where have you been, missed you :hug99:xxx
Thanks sweetie, wi in is actually tomorrow night, but thanks anyways I am dead nervous but I think it should be a good week, even with my over indulging in carbs this week :eek: xxxxx

I have just had the most scrumptious lunch ever, it was amazing, I am full to the top and I really enjoyed it....if you haven't had the Hot and Spicy Coleslaw you must...I will put the recipe up in a mo, dead easy to make and so delicious, went perfectly with my scotch egg and salad yummy xxx

Hot and Spicy Coleslaw.

1 Large Carrot
225g White cabbage
113g Radish
2 Tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais
6 Tbsp Lighter than light Mayonnaise (3 syns)
1 ½ level tbsp horseradish sauce (2 syns)
1 finely chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
----------------------------------------------------------------
Grate the carrot, finely shred the cabbage, finely chop the onion and dice the radishes.
Place all into a bowl and mix well
Add the Mayonnaise, Fromage Frais, Horseradish and seasoning and mix well.
Cover and chill for 30 mins before serving to allow the flavours to develop.

5 syns for the whole bowl
I think you should be able to get at least 5 good servings from this, if not more and it is well worth the syns .

You could make it almost syn free by taking out the mayonnaise and adding more fromage frais, but it’s worth the extra syns in my opinion (I have had both ways)

Lily42uk said:
Hot and Spicy Coleslaw.

1 Large Carrot
225g White cabbage
113g Radish
2 Tbsp Fat Free Fromage Frais
6 Tbsp Lighter than light Mayonnaise (3 syns)
1 ½ level tbsp horseradish sauce (2 syns)
1 finely chopped onion
Salt and pepper to taste
----------------------------------------------------------------
Grate the carrot, finely shred the cabbage, finely chop the onion and dice the radishes.
Place all into a bowl and mix well
Add the Mayonnaise, Fromage Frais, Horseradish and seasoning and mix well.
Cover and chill for 30 mins before serving to allow the flavours to develop.

5 syns for the whole bowl
I think you should be able to get at least 5 good servings from this, if not more and it is well worth the syns .

You could make it almost syn free by taking out the mayonnaise and adding more fromage frais, but it's worth the extra syns in my opinion (I have had both ways)

Defo gonna give that a whirl Lily it sounds amazing

Defo gonna give that a whirl Lily it sounds amazing

You should hun, I have had it sitting in my recipe file for over a year and not tried it till today...:wow: won't be making normal coleslaw anymore, am trying to work out whether it will go with my dinner tonight too :8855: I love coleslaw :drool: xxxxx

Sounds yummy - will defo be giving this a try. So nice to be back and have one of your lovely warm hugs!! Had issues with internet access as not able to pay the bill for a while :-( xxx

Sounds yummy - will defo be giving this a try. So nice to be back and have one of your lovely warm hugs!! Had issues with internet access as not able to pay the bill for a while :-( xxx

It's lovely hun and so easy to make ...easy being the operative word for me lol

Bummer about the bill, we are having to pull our belts in really tight at mo, I am determined we will have the holiday I've booked come hell or high water, we haven't had a holiday in over 16 years, i think we deserve one lol....if nothing else my Mother taught me how to budget and make something go a long way if need be and I often do....I never throw anything out, If I make food and it's not going to be eaten the next day it all goes in the fridge, even sauces....Mal always tell me not to bother :eek: sacrilege...i can't bare to waste things, at least now I freeze left overs instead of stuffing them into me :lgiggle:

And just for you hun, cos you haven't been around here you are ....:bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99:, that should keep you going till I get back :giggle: ~:hug99: xxxxxxxxx

Oooh Lilly, I love hearing all about your life. But peanut butter M&Ms. Where did you get those? I asked in the shop in Leicester square in Feb and they didn't have any, boo hoo. Hope they do now!

Hello my lovely twin. Can't wait to see how you get on at WI tomorrow :D you deserve a really good loss :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: xxxxxxxx

Hello lovely, I have everything crossed for tomorrow, it feels good and apart from too many carbs :eek: has been a perfect 100% week ...about bloody time lol
Hope you've had a lovely day hun :hug99: xxxxx

Oooh Lilly, I love hearing all about your life. But peanut butter M&Ms. Where did you get those? I asked in the shop in Leicester square in Feb and they didn't have any, boo hoo. Hope they do now!

Hello knitter and :welcome2:, thank you for your kind words....Peanut Butter M&M's was Kirsty, she got them, will have to ask her tomorrow, as she's in bed now lol, but watch this space and I will get back to you :hug99: xxxx

congrats for wi tonight!

Afternoon Lily, hope you having a good day and fingers crossed for WI, tho I'm sure you won't need it :)

It's lovely hun and so easy to make ...easy being the operative word for me lol

Bummer about the bill, we are having to pull our belts in really tight at mo, I am determined we will have the holiday I've booked come hell or high water, we haven't had a holiday in over 16 years, i think we deserve one lol....if nothing else my Mother taught me how to budget and make something go a long way if need be and I often do....I never throw anything out, If I make food and it's not going to be eaten the next day it all goes in the fridge, even sauces....Mal always tell me not to bother :eek: sacrilege...i can't bare to waste things, at least now I freeze left overs instead of stuffing them into me :lgiggle:

And just for you hun, cos you haven't been around here you are ....:bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: :bighug: :hug99:, that should keep you going till I get back :giggle: ~:hug99: xxxxxxxxx

Aww Lily you are so lovely and understanding and thank you for all those wonderful Lily hugs! You and Jackie are definitely twins and I'm going to adopt you both as my sensible older sisters!!

Holiday sounds fab - you definitely deserve one - 16 years is way too long. I'm on 14 lol so 2 years to go :giggle:. You know what - being in the situation we're in has taught me loads about money and budgeting and being sensible. I used to be terrible - and in the old days when I was on a decent salary and only had me to think of (!) would buy (you're going to hate this!) fridgefuls of exotic, healthy organic stuff and then chuck the lot away at the end of the week as it would never get eaten. My toes are curling now remembering it - I've gone to hating waste like you do now. Wish I had had this approach years ago but I've learned a valuable lesson. We've agreed that even if we both get jobs again in the future and have a good income (please God!) we will continue to be as thrifty and careful and I hope we stick to that! Hope you're having a lovely day. Need to read back and find out where you're going and when - very exciting! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug::bighug: xxx

Back