Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

So, hello lovelies, hope you're all having a good day....I have broken out in yet another cold :argh: but I am not going to let it get to me, other than a little bit of a stuffy head and the sneezes and a scratchy throat I am ok ....biggest pain is that I had arranged to go see lovely Lyla tomorrow and now I've had to call that off, can't be giving her a cold now can I. Have a couple of new pics of her, which I'll post later, she's so cute xx
Lot's going on here and I may well disappear for a while in the near future, but I will be back....have spent the morning talking to my big bro and he wants to start doing the work on my house that he's been promising me....New Kitchen Units, New Kitchen floor and new carpets all the way through...I am hoping to talk him into decorating right the way through too...too cheeky you think? This is my long overdue 50th Birthday present, neither of us has been able to agree a suitable time till now...we are also buying a new garden shed, as we have to move all the stuff from our spare room, so Kirsty and Mark can turn it into the Nursery...I know it's another 7.5 months till she's due but that will soon go, so best to start getting things sorted now eh.
Hope you're all having a lovely day and I am goignt ot try and catch up with as many of you as I can, but then got exercise and dinner to do...
Catch ya later TTFN :hug99: xxxxxxx

Lovely Lyla smiling at her Mummy

Lyla gets a build a bear for Easter

Thank you for the advice :)

it has taken a while but my motivation seems to have made an appearance again so am making the most of it. I have been to the gym yesterday and today and burned 1002 calories over those two days but more importantly managed to run a mile in 12 mins which I am so proud about :)

have started following a weeks meal plan out of the latest magazine today and usually weigh in on Thursday so not expecting much tomorrow but fingers crossed for next week :)

Hopefully that 5lbs will fly off and that 5st award will be mine :)

Lauren

Aw she's lovely. SHame you're not going to see her now. Do you think you could be needing a vit c top up cos you've had loads of colds. Hope you get rid of this one easily. :)

I am totally gutted about not going over, was really looking forwards to it, but no point giving her my germs is there :cry:
I take vitamins daily hun, but cause of the steroids they get knocked out and maybe don't have as good effect as they would normally, they are usually minor and this one seems like it is, it's the heavy colds that get me down...I also think some of this is down to the menopause, I am always whipping my cardi off as I'm sweating and then next min freezing ...it's ridiculous, thought I'd gone through the menopause after my oopherectomy but seems I haven't cos I am flushing day and night ...darn it ...am having one now, sweating bad, next minute I'll be cold ...can't win :hug99: xxx
Thank you for the advice :)

it has taken a while but my motivation seems to have made an appearance again so am making the most of it. I have been to the gym yesterday and today and burned 1002 calories over those two days but more importantly managed to run a mile in 12 mins which I am so proud about :)

have started following a weeks meal plan out of the latest magazine today and usually weigh in on Thursday so not expecting much tomorrow but fingers crossed for next week :)

Hopefully that 5lbs will fly off and that 5st award will be mine :)

Lauren

Hey Lauren, we all lose motivation hun, you're doing the right thing just sticking with it, it will go eventually, it's a journey not a race.
The menu's in the magazine are great aren't they, I often use them...and they can and do give you a boost.
As long as we continue to watch what we eat, drink water, exercise and mix things up, I don't see how we can fail, it's not like we ever need to be hungry on this plan is it ?

Take care :hug99: xxx

Afternoon Lovely. :wow: re the house - sounds reallye xciting, even tho' it will be a hassle, it will be so worth it. Lyla is gorgeous - now looks like she's got highlighted hair bless her. What a little cutie. Hope you're getting over your cold sweetie. Have a lovely day :bighug: xxxxxx

Afternoon Lovely. :wow: re the house - sounds reallye xciting, even tho' it will be a hassle, it will be so worth it. Lyla is gorgeous - now looks like she's got highlighted hair bless her. What a little cutie. Hope you're getting over your cold sweetie. Have a lovely day :bighug: xxxxxx

Hello lovely Becky, The house being done is my worst and best nightmare all rolled into one lol....I am excited about it being done but anxious about the upheavel :argh: I don't deal with things like that very well....My sister in law keeps telling me to come stay at her place (the grandkids call it the mansion lol) and while there is enough room (9 bedrooms) the thought of being with my SIL and Bro everyday and night is :eek: not a good thought ...love them can't live with them lol

Lyla has the exact same hair as her Daddy who has a skin pigmentation problem, but it seems to have only come through in her hair thankfully.

My cold is ok, got a bit of a stuffy head, scratchy throat and sneezing for England , as long as it doesn't get any worse I'll be ok lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Last edited:
Aww - I just think it looks gorgeous - very striking. Oh crikey - I know just what you mean about the upheaval. Really scary thought. Wow - 9 bedroomed house!! Is that in London?! You need your own space, even in a big house it's still someone elses. Don't know if you'd be interested, but... The London Marathonits mental - The Moiderer. Jackie swears by it! Might be worth a try?? :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: xxx

PS: The cold cure is at the bottom of the page xxx

I am totally gutted about not going over, was really looking forwards to it, but no point giving her my germs is there :cry:
I take vitamins daily hun, but cause of the steroids they get knocked out and maybe don't have as good effect as they would normally, they are usually minor and this one seems like it is, it's the heavy colds that get me down...I also think some of this is down to the menopause, I am always whipping my cardi off as I'm sweating and then next min freezing ...it's ridiculous, thought I'd gone through the menopause after my oopherectomy but seems I haven't cos I am flushing day and night ...darn it ...am having one now, sweating bad, next minute I'll be cold ...can't win :hug99: xxx
Maybe you should try the magnet cure. Just watch out for filing cabinets and cats. I really struggled to read that conversation between Jackie and Tilly as I was at work and trying to be quiet. :giggle:

Just coming over to say hello ... It seems like your totally back on plan and don't need any as@ whipping today!! Lol ;-)

Hope your having a lovely weeks Hunny!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Phew, just catching up as so much has gone on since I said hello earlier :) Hope you soon feel better :) I know what you mean about ebay now as there seem to be so many traders on there now rather than what it was meant for :( I did manage to bag a few bargains tho and now waiting for my monsoon skirts to arrive................doesn't bother me that that are last year's colours lol............they wear so well, that I end up keeping them for years anyway :D

Hope you are fighting off the cold lovely lily x and I think I have gained this week too but I'm ok with that x as you know you ve kept me going x you always put a smile on my face :) x
Baby lyla is gorgeous and it must be exciting getting ready for your newest addition x
Have a relaxing evening x x x

Aww - I just think it looks gorgeous - very striking. Oh crikey - I know just what you mean about the upheaval. Really scary thought. Wow - 9 bedroomed house!! Is that in London?! You need your own space, even in a big house it's still someone elses. Don't know if you'd be interested, but... The London Marathonits mental - The Moiderer. Jackie swears by it! Might be worth a try?? :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: xxx

Hey sweetie, I am dreading the upheaval but if it's got to be done , then so be it...
Lyla is just so cute, I could literally eat her, I'm not usually this gaga over babies unless they're mine or my grandchildren lol., but she's really grabbed my heart strings, bless her..
Oh I will listen to that later, I've just loaded it onto my mp3 player, thank you hun
And yes that's in London, it's massive, he built it himself, his last house was a 6 bedroom house ....he has his own construction/paint and decorating business and has had for over 30 years now and even though he has struggled like everyone since the recession hit, he is lucky that most of his work is with local housing associations and they have kept him going through it all ...but he is now in the process of building his new house, he is downsizing to a 6 bedroom again lol now that his son has left home and the children (nieces and nephews on both sides ) have all grown too they feel they don't need as much room, the house will now be used for them of course and Lyla has her own room and the other 4 rooms are guest rooms for my sil's siblings (she is one of 12 ) who often visit from ireland. xxx

Maybe you should try the magnet cure. Just watch out for filing cabinets and cats. I really struggled to read that conversation between Jackie and Tilly as I was at work and trying to be quiet. :giggle:
Oh I remember that conversation, I laughed my head off for a week or more, everytime I saw a cat I started all over, was so funny,:8855: so you were a quiet one for a while there then cos that was a long while ago lol and it was Crumble who said about the cat, I was drinking coffee and spat it all over the screen, i miss Crumble and her humour, very funny lady, lovely too :hug99: xxxx

Just coming over to say hello ... It seems like your totally back on plan and don't need any as@ whipping today!! Lol ;-)

Hope your having a lovely weeks Hunny!!! Xxx

I am totally back in the zone hun, even with the blip this weekend, I had planned to have the hot x buns as I knew they would be in the house, but the birds nests were unplanned ...but hey ho, had one and now back on track, still have 1 birds nest and 6 hot x buns left but no temptation even :woohoo:
Thanks hun I am having a lovely week and I hope you are too but a better one enxt week eh xxx ;)

Phew, just catching up as so much has gone on since I said hello earlier :) Hope you soon feel better :) I know what you mean about ebay now as there seem to be so many traders on there now rather than what it was meant for :( I did manage to bag a few bargains tho and now waiting for my monsoon skirts to arrive................doesn't bother me that that are last year's colours lol............they wear so well, that I end up keeping them for years anyway :D

I don't feel too bad, just more annoying that my nose and throat are itchy and I can't stop sneezing darn it :sick:

I'm with you, if I like it I don't care whether it's this years next years or whatever for which I get told off as my brother in law works for Miss Sixty and was with Firetrap before and his son is a junior designer at Gio Goi lol but hey they're just names and I won't pay for names ....but I'll accept the freebeis they send my way every so often like my lovely Gio Goi sunglasses ...Yep I like an ebay bargain too...spend endless hours trawling the site lol
Oh just a thought, if you are on Facebook there are hundreds of selling sites, and they don't charge for you to advertise and you can add yourself to any for free I am with a few myself ...just a thought may save you some fees which also aren't cheap anymore on ebay and paypal :hug99: xxxx
Hope you are fighting off the cold lovely lily x and I think I have gained this week too but I'm ok with that x as you know you ve kept me going x you always put a smile on my face :) x
Baby lyla is gorgeous and it must be exciting getting ready for your newest addition x
Have a relaxing evening x x x

I am fighting the cold as best i can drinking loads and cos I am I'm not really hungry, every cloud has a silver lining eh lol
Aww hun you all keep me going I wouldn't be able to do this without the support, we're all in this together :hug99:
We have sat down and had a big discussion about the baby and costs, as Mal and I are both on pensions money can be tight and especially as we are still saving for the holiday, so have told Kirsty n Mark we'll do what we can till after the holiday but for now they are going to have to dip into their savings and sort out things like the shed etc, they have agreed, so that will make it a bit easier and that way we can all be excited and not have to worry *phew* lol ...so yes I am very excited , can't wait :hug99: xxxx

Positives Wednesday 11th April 2012

1) Woke with a cold but not going to let it get me down, I am happy and really in the zone
2) Have sorted loads outn today and am happy with what is planned (new carpets, new kitchen floor, new kitchen units, nursery, new shed )
3) I have had a great day and am happy with my food intake 100% on plan
4) I have the best family in the world and I love them to bits and they love me too
5) I have the best friends in the world and I love you all xxx
6) I feel a lot more relaxed and able to cope when i write my positives, helps me get over any anger or negative thoughts ...Thank you lovely Jackie xxxx

Menu wednesday 11th April 2012

Breakfast:
2 x Wholemeal bread from home made loaf 100g = Hexb + 4 syns
Pro Active light spread 2.5 syns
Banana
Cinammon
2 x Satsumas
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water 1 pint

Lunch:
Mixed Salad
Mushrooms
2 x Eggs
2 x Bacon
2 x Morrisons 60% Fat free Sausages 1 syn
Banana and Pear
Water 1 pint

Dinner:
Shepherds pie (Extra lean mince with mixed veg, baked beans and herbs with Potato and Celeriac topping and 30g Cheese Hexa)
Broad beans
Fine green beans
Carrots
Gravy 2 syns
Water 1 pint

Extras :
2 x Mullerlight Vanilla Yoghurts
Fruit throughout the day
Ryvita minis 4 syns

Water 6 pints so far today

1 hour exercise

Total Syns for the day = 15

well I am off to bed now lovelies, see if I can get rid of this cold ...so got my fluffy HWB in tow lol

Nighty night all sweet dreams :zz: :bighug: xxxxxxx

Awww I hope the horrible cold has gone when you wake up Hunny xxxx

morning! hope you're feeling better today.

hello lovely Lily. That cold cure works but you must listen at least twice a day as it encourages your immune system to fight it :D it worked for me and Charlie and Chris's girlfriend. I was astounded. :)

:bighug: fab re house being done. I'd be the same though all the upheaval etc but will be worth it :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back