Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Morning Lily, hope the head has eased and you managed to get a good night's sleep xxxx
Hello lovely Dawn, unfortunately no I didn't sleep well, and my head is still a bit sore, but I think it's more to do with my sinuses, I had my nose broken on several occasions as a child (part of the abuse by my father) and it has left me with sinus problems which most of the time are not too bad, but usually at the turn of the seasons it starts to play up and I tend to get some bad heads but thankfully not like they used to be *touch wood*...but it is definitely better than yesterday I have taken a sudofed as I find they are the thing that helps the most. xxx:hug99:xxx

Look after urself ur health is ur wealth !!
Absolutely hun, I do try to look after me as much as I can ...thank you xxx:hug99:xxx

Duck sounds divine. Look after yourself hun. :D Hope the headache has passed. :D

Hello Patsy, OMG I can't begin to tell you how gorgeous it was...and I am normally very fussy about duck, usually don't like fatty, greasy meats, but this I cut into small stir fry size strips and cut every single bit of fat off it and just fried it in the marinade for 6 minutes and then 5 mins before serving up the moroccan stew I added it to that pan it was to die for lol ..headache still here but seems a bit easier for now lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Morning Lily. Hope you're more rested today, and that sore head's gone.

Thank you LMC, it's not as good as it could be yet but hoping the sudofed will get it under control for me xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovelies, is it any wonder my psoriasis is bad and I am getting headaches, doesn't seem like a day goes by without there beign some drama or another...I often wonder if we will ever get a break from the shenanigans thrown at us.
Once again this morning Kelly and Mal have had to go to Kelsi's (my granddaughter) school to rescue her from a new set of bullies who don't like her hair and the music she listens to grrrrr....yesterday they threatened to kill her and today chased her down the corridor, she had to run into the staff room and was still there when Mal and Kelly left to go get her being looked after a teacher while a couple of other teachers tried to find these girls . Understandably Kelly is extremely worried and angry, I won't even begin to repeat what she said last night and this morning, but I can totally understand her feeling exactly that way. Kelsi is a quiet girl and an A grade student who just happens to like punk/goth music and likes to dye her hair black, she doesn't dress like a goth other than the hair and black eyeliner, she's not one of these mouthy little madams and likes to keep herself to herself but is and has been hounded for over 2 years now by these ...I don't even want to write what I want to call them, they certainly aren't human that's for sure....I, because of my own background, try to understand what makes girls like these act this way, and even sometimes feel there may be mitigating circumstances (they are being abused at home etc etc) but there comes a time when you say enough, they don't have to be this way, this is a choice and right now I feel like stringing the little b*tches up....it worries me with Kelsi, she is shy and sensitive and has suffered depression before where we had to watch her almost constantly 24/7 as she was saying she didn't want to live.....the worry is just another factor in my health issues too....I thought being a mum was hard being a nan is twice as hard lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh no lily, it not starting again , sending hugs to you all xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:wavey: Sorry its taken me a week to get here!!

Oh no lily, it not starting again , sending hugs to you all xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you Yvonne, I have been on the phone to Kelly since I typed that an d now know the full story, I will fill the details in in a minute as I don't want to keep writing the same thing lol...Lazy moo that I am xxx
:wavey: Sorry its taken me a week to get here!!

Awww thanks for coming Emma, you got here and when I have 5 mins I will get back to everyone's diaries and see how you're getting on xxx:hug99:xxx

OMG Lily not again. I hope Kelsi knows the girls and can set the teachers on them cos as you found out before the school was quite good about dealing with the last batch. Hope Kelsi is OK and not too traumatised. :bighug:

Thanks Patsy, I turns out it's not quite the same as last time and yes she did give the names of all the girls involved and the school have been great they have acted already.

I have as I said just spoken to Kelly and Kelsi.....Kelsi started back to school last Tuesday the 4th September and the minute she set foot in school there were 2 girls who started to bully her, she ignored it even though they have done so every day since then too, they have also picked on Kelsi's mate Steph who is the dead opposite of Kelsi, Kelsi is quiet short and petite, Steph is loud very very tall, taller than me and she is only 14 and a little on the chubby side but not overweight...Now when I say Steph is loud she really is lol, she can't do anything quietly and laughs like a hyena but is a lovely lovely girl...we took her on holiday with us and believe me I wouldn't put up with anyone being rude or naughty or undisciplined, Steph is well brought up, her mum is a little on the soft side with her but not excessively so and her dad is tough but kind and caring....a pair of nice girls...well these 2 other girls have completely got it in for Kelsi and Steph and are apparently well known as troublemakers...so yesterday the side kick I'll call her (there's always 1 leader and 1 sidekick) threatened Kelsi because Steph had heard that Kirsty the leader was pregnant, so genuinely asked if this was true, the naivety of it, so the side kick says to Kelsi and Steph she is going to slit their throats...nice girls eh? So today Kelsi is walking down the corridor to her next lesson and the leader and her side kick start threatening Kelsi, when I get you outside school tonight I am going to punch your face in and then stomp on your head so Kelsi starts to walk away, ignores them as she's been taught to and decides to go and see a teacher, with that the leader punches Kelsi in the arm really hard and Kelsi runs, the 2 run after her screaming what they are going to do to her and warning her if they get the chance they will slit her throat...the girls (Kelsi and Steph have both sworn that when Steph asked the question about her being pregnant they were genuinely asking as it was going round the school that she was, Steph never even stopped to think before it came out and she swears she wasn't being rude or taking the mick, it was an innocent question) are both too frightened to be in school right now but Kelly said seeing as there were witnesses and this was threatening behaviour she wants the PCSO brought in and is reporting it to her local police too.

Kelly got a text from the school as she was talking to me and is now on the phone to them, they text her and said that they had the girls and were dealing with them they were suspending them but when the girls came back they were considering keeping Kelsi inside school during break times for her safety, Kelly isn't happy about that, as she said why should Kelsi and Steph stay in when they have done nothing wrong and these 2 bullies are allowed to wander about freely, she wants the girls kept in and Kelsi and Steph to be able to walk about freely and I totally agree with her ....It's so bloody frustrating, a while back I would have said to Kelsi keep your head down you only have about a year and a half (officially they leave in July but they always leave these days after they have sat their exams in April/May) but as from either last year or this year not sure which now, they have to stay at school till their 18 and that means another 4 years of this hell for Kelsi, poor little sod ....but as I said the school seem to be really good at quashing the bullying before it gets too bad ...so fingers crossed...Patsy Kelsi is very scared but she has lots of support from her school and we her family are all here for her and will protect her as much as we can :fingerscrossed: xxx

Totally agree the bullies should be kept in and watched during breaks. Unfair to do it the other way round. Glad the school are proactive about it all but as real harm was threatened the police should be involved too. Hope you get it all sorted and give Kelsi a hug from me. :D
Thanks hunni, yeah the school are realy quick to act they are good and I know Kelly will get her way she is a little on the forceful side don't know where she gets that from :giggle:.....

I am just about to put up my recipe for Moroccan Stew with added Stir Fry Duck :drool: xxx

Moroccan Stew with Added Stir Fry Duck

Ingredients:
1/4 Swede diced
1/4 Butternut Squash diced
1/4 Celeriac diced
4 Carrots diced
1 head Broccoli chopped
1 large Courgette diced
1 large Leek sliced
1 Large Onion diced
6 Large Sprouts sliced thinly or Cabbage sliced thinly...your choice
4 Cloves Garlic crushed
1 Heaped tsp Harissa Paste = 1 syn
2 level tsp Ras El Hanout (Moroccan Spice)
heaped tsp each of, Coriander, Parsley & Basil
2 x heaped
tsp smoked paprika
1 x heaped tsp bovril
1 x tbsp Reggae Reggae Sauce
1 syn
1 tbsp Black treacle
2 syns
4 x Oxo Cubes
1 tsp Chilli flakes
2 tsps garlic granules
Enough water to cover the veg by an inch or so

Duck
350g Gressingham Duck mini fillets, all fat removed and cut into 2" thin stir fry slices
2tsp chinese 5 spice
2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp ginger

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put Duck and other ingredients in a bowl and leave to marinate.
Chop all veg and put in pan add water bring to boil then simmer till soft...add all herbs and spices + oxo cubes.....when veg is cooked and tender add treacle and reggae reggae sauce ....as soon as you have done that heat a wok or pan and add the duck and marinade stir fry for 6 minutes and then take off heat and put aside ....5 minutes before you are due to serve up add the duck to the veg stew and leave to blend together.

Serve with Jacket potatoes or as I did with Celriac, Swede and Butternut squash Chips and enjoy

I had it the next day as just a soup/stew on it's own and it was gorgeous :drool: xxxlol

This works out to 4 syns for a large pan that will serve 6-8 people

I would count it as 0.5 syns per serving

Hello everybody and welcome to the 2nd installment of my diary, as I said in my previous one I believe that losing weight is not just about what you eat and the exercise you do, it's also about your mindset and I have been stuck in a rut for 10 months now, so today is the 1st day of my new weight loss regime.

All my life I have always told myself I can't do this, I can't do that and I genuinely believed that was to do with my weight and my disabilities. I discovered during my holiday my ability to walk and exercise was not as restricted as I had convinced myself it was....I have known for a few years now that I was determined to get this weight off and that nothing would stop me even if it took 10 years (believe me it's been a much longer time putting the weight on).
I have and had closed my mind to my capabilities....how many of you that have been on this journey with me, have heard me say I can't walk, I had an accident 15 years ago and it left me unable to walk, I also have severe palmoplantar pustulosis (psoriasis )and when that's bad I can't walk with that either....well I have discovered I am deluding not only you but myself again...while I was away on my holiday I had one of the worst outbreaks of the
palmoplantar pustulosis that I have had in a long time on both my hands and my feet, which in the past would have left me feeling sorry for myself and saying I can't do this or that...and my back was bad in the last 3-4 days of my holiday too, again this in the past would have resulted in me sitting on my butt feeling sorry for myself, but despite my family telling me to take it easy all the time (bless them I had brainwashed them too), I was determined not to sit in the chalet the whole holiday, so I bought bandages and I bought elasticated bandage socks and even socks and dressings too and I used my ointments and creams and everything else I could find and I bandaged my feet and I wore gloves on my hands (I got some really weird looks when it was really hot lol) and I got out and I walked and I walked and when I couldn't walk any further I sat and waited for the pain to subside and I walked again, I even bought what my daughters laughingly called Granny sandals because they were more comfy than my own sandals and I carried on walking....in the whole week I spent just 2 evenings (I had been out walking all day on the said 2 days) in the chalet as I just couldn't walk another step, so I creamed and creamed my hands and feet and the next morning I got up and off I went again.
Now just over a week ago had anyone said to me that if my feet and hands were that bad that I would still have carried on I would have and even did say that I would stay in the chalet everyday if needed to be, it was going to be a break even if I sat inside 4 different walls....but I didn't I got up and I got on with my life and I feel amazing, yes I have gained a few lbs this week while I was away, but I gained a lot more respect for myself and I now want to start afresh with my journey, hence the new diary...I had 20st to lose on this journey, I have lost 11st 12bs and I am going to lose the other 8st+ with a new gained knowledge of my capabilities and with more determination than I ever knew I had and I really hope you enjoy this ride as much as I know I will.

Onwards and downwards from here to target xxx:hug99:xxxx

you are so inspiring and i cannot wait to continue to read your journey :)

Lol PP I typed as quickly as I could lol xx

I am off for my weekly game of cards, have a great evening everyone cya soon ...and if lucks on my side I'll be £3 richer tonight lmfao (we play £1 a game first to 1005 ) :woohoo: TTFN :bighug: xxx

I too think that its the bullies that should be kept in at lunchtime as what message is that sending if they can intimidate and then receive no punishment!!! Why should Kelsi have to be penalised?

Enjoy your evening Lily x x

Thank you Dawn, I couldn't agree more...I did have a fun night and luck was on my side so I won all 3 games lol ...thats another £7 not £3 as I was only thinking of what I put in the Kitty lol, so their £3 each plus the £1 I used all night makes £7 and that goes into my holiday pot, every little helps lol

Well can't hang about today lovelies, I am off to my nephews at 2pm for his 30th Birthday BBQ, looking forward to it, seems ages since we had a proper family get together and of course I get to have huggles with lovely Lyla :giggle:

Hope you all have a great fun day cya soon xxx:hug99:xxx

Running late as usual, waiting for the herberts to finish getting ready..thank god it's only a 20 minute drive lol but I had to come on and let you know just how happy I am ...I can't stop laughing my head off :woohoo:

Kelly got a text message from my old neighbour....they went to school together and Kelly hasn't bothered to delete her and is now glad she hasn't ....
Some of you will know she moved the Saturday after we went on holiday, I kind of wish I had been here to wave her off in my own style ...won't say exactly what that style would be but it wouldn't have been a cheery little wave hahaha....anyways she texts Kelly to tell me to be wary of my new neighbours because apparently the woman (that would be Jackie) has a penchant for taking rubbish to the bins late at night and making a racket ....is that it?? This from the woman who partied 3 times a week and made my walls shake the music was so loud.... until about 5 or 6 in the morning ..well thank you but I'll accept the bin emptying over partying anyday of the week lmfao and also she was moaning to Kelly that they took everything including the toilet seat, I did laugh at that, but what has really tickled me is they have a cat flea infestation, they have had to move out of their new home to have it bombed and still 3 bombs later they are still finding cat fleas ......KARMA........ what goes around comes around....as for my neighbours they are very nice people, very quiet so far, keep themselves to themselves and they have 2 teenage children that are beyond polite and really nice to speak to, as for the cat fleas they aren't in my house and I am not going to exchange houses with them so why should I worry about them :8855: I can't stop grinning and with that I am now off to have a lovely BBQ with my equally lovely family and I am going to laugh my socks off all day and night in glorious sunshine, who could ask for more lol

Have a great day all, I know I will xxx:hug99:xxx

Back