sick of negative people already!!

kelly22_1

loves minimins
hiya!

well i havent even started s&s yet and already the negatives have begun i.e how can u lose weight without eating? and as soon as you start eating again you'll put it all back on grrrrrrrrrr! ive been doing ww had 2 weeks off and gained weight and there point is........? sorry just does my head in at times.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about what people thought. It's your life your body and your money. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but rather than getting annoyed with them I just smile and carry on doing my own thing.
You should be proud of making such a tough choice. Doing this diet is so damn hard and not everyone is cut out for it!
:)

very true hunni x

Well I started the vlcd last year this wasnt the first time I had done it but for all the new friends I had met here it was the first time they had seen me on the diet. They met me at a size 18-20. So when the january came I started the diet. So I had all the comments all telling me how they couldn't do it. Ummm im not stood gere trying to convert anyone I was just answering questions that were asked. Then as I lost the weight I had lots saying oh come on one night out drinking wont hurt. Ummm yes it will I thought to myself. Next came the you should stop now this was because I was getting close to thier size. Why should I stop I thought then I had the you look ill and drawn. Ha ha ha got to be the funniest yey I was size 14 and they are a 12 and I look ill ha ha ha.

Anyway just ignore them most people like a fat friend makes them feel good going out stood next to you. Keep going and get to your targrt dont be put off.

This time ive tols them all yes im a size 12 and im going to go to an 8-10 no matter what any of them says. If they love me they will love me no mattet my size shape or what ever.

Stick to your guns hun

In work the other night "But you're wasting all that money...."
"How so?"
"On that diet"
"I'm paying to lose weight. I lose weight. I pay about £90 to lose a stone"
"Aye but....."
"Yes?"
"You'll put it all back on"
"I put it all back on with weight watchers too"
"But you'll put on extra"
"If I keep eating like I was before then yes"

and so it went on for hours......

Rise above.

In work the other night "But you're wasting all that money...."
"How so?"
"On that diet"
"I'm paying to lose weight. I lose weight. I pay about £90 to lose a stone"
"Aye but....."
"Yes?"
"You'll put it all back on"
"I put it all back on with weight watchers too"
"But you'll put on extra"
"If I keep eating like I was before then yes"

and so it went on for hours......

Rise above.

I am my mum just says "join WW and be done with it, you like ya food too much"!! I didn't say anything back and not wasting my oxygen. Can't wait to move with my sister in a couple of months who is also maintaining on S&S at the moment but does want to lose more to get to a healthy BMI. I'm fed up the the negatives form relatives. Up here all my cousins just say also " what you trying to lose weight for duck " !! They are from Nottingham. I'm ok and the ducks in the pond are ok too. That's what I felt like saying.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

One point to consider is often this is a defensive mechanism from others who are scared that you'll be successful and no longer be the diet failure that they usually are - this reflects back to them that they are indeed failures (they aren't, but it's often the mindset of dieters, and we know cause we've been there).

My usual answer is to thank them for sharing that information, and ask if they could point you in the direction of that research, as you've not come across it in your own extensive research into vlcd's and find it quite concerning.

Above all else - and this is a hard lesson to learn if you're anything like me, but one that is worth it's weight in gold if you can acheive it - don't pay any attention, don't let it bother you and don't rise to it. You're doing this plan for you, not for them, it's important to you not to them, and you don't ever have to explain yourself to anyone :)

I've been lucky so far in that everyone I've told has been supportive. They all think I'm mad and say they couldn't do it but then again they all think I'm mad anyway. Madness obviously has benefits.

As for people trying to put you down just say that there's hundred of diets out there, not just SW and WW, and you've decided that for this moment in time this is the one you've decided to use.

I didn't tell anyone its easier. Then after a few stone my mum was asking about what the secret was LOL

Got to do what's right for you, don't worry about critics! It's been lifechanging for me

Xxx

Kelly youve done really well so far. keep it up and ignore everyone else. If its right for you thats all that matters. Good luck

Ive told very few people, like my hubby, sister and dad that Im on the diet, purely because I cant be doing with listening to the negative comments.

hiya!

i have officially rose above it and told them its my life my diet for me and guess what...........? there wern't happy but I was lol :D cant wait for monday to come now.

thanks everyone x

Just think when you have lost the weight you can take that smile off their faces, a lot of people want us to fail, because they can't do it and they don't want us looking better than them. I've had so called friends call me a b**** cause they haven't got the willpower . They say you no I'm only joking don't you but they are not, all jealous. Spurs me on to succeed even more. Stick in there and let the comments make you stronger. X

I started getting negative comments last night if how ill I look in my target pictures and stuff but you know what its tough because I trust only one persons opinion and thats my mums.

She would tell me if I looked ill infact she tells be that I looked stunning and lovely at target. So the opinions I heard last night certainly dont matter to me.

Because everyone want a fat friend and I don't want to be yours. End of

Don't even let them enter your head! I have lost 8 stone with low carb/vlcd diet and I still get those comments now even though I have successfully maintained for 6 months its crazy. Quite often these people are jealous or don't understand to diet.

People seem to think this is the easy way out but they know nothing x

Good luck on the plan it's great and I'm sure you will find it helpful

Back