Sick of people opinions!

I had a meeting at work. I'd lost about 2 stone with SW the last time (I've kept it off too!)This woman was meant to talk to me, she walked past me twice. Then she came over and sat down. First words out of her mouth were "God, I really didn't think that was you. I just said that can't be her, she's much bigger. Seriously, you've lost so much weight, you used to be huge".

Answer that ...

Would it really have killed her just to say "you look great"? I really really don't get the backhanded criticism. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut!

why people feel like u want or need their opinion is beyond me...
its annoying when they think they know everything about whats right and wrong when they clearly dont have a clue!

hope u put them in their place! x

Thankfully at my work a lot of poeple are doing sw and anyone says anything I know I have back up lol it's nt a diet anyway it's a healthy eating plan and a good one at tht xxxx

Some people are so rude! i would not comment on what some1 was eating, unless it was a good point.
a few people have done this to me and it really annoyed and upset me, its like when i was pregnant people kept saying alright fatty, so in the end i said i'm not bad thanks ugly or big nose etc - they didnt like it when i commented on their personal appearance, i think it is very rude to comment on some1's personal appearance unless it is a compliment x

My flatmates the same everytime I make pasta, shes like 'arent you on a diet and your having all them CARBS' feels like punching her sometimes! But when I lose the weight and have a better body than her sure she wont be commenting on my carbs haha

Tis difficult for people i think. If they don't notice your weight loss then we get annoyed about them not saying anything. When they do - we feel like they are being critical of how we were before!!!! Its a social minefield. Even the fairly benign comment ' wow you've lost loads of weight!!' Can be interpreted as 'you used to be a right porker!' depending in the state of mind of the person receiving the 'complimemt' - and lets face it - most of us are pretty self concious about our weight in the first place which makes us more likely to take it badly.
As for people who comment on what you eat - ignore them all - you know what you're doing works, keep doing it!

sarah5298a1 said:
Some people are so rude! i would not comment on what some1 was eating, unless it was a good point.
a few people have done this to me and it really annoyed and upset me, its like when i was pregnant people kept saying alright fatty, so in the end i said i'm not bad thanks ugly or big nose etc - they didnt like it when i commented on their personal appearance, i think it is very rude to comment on some1's personal appearance unless it is a compliment x

Pmsl!!! Love that!

Kieragh1515 said:
I lost 3.5st after having my first baby on WW & when I went back to work after maternity leave some people (women mostly) were proper livid that i was thin (was 8 st 12). I could tell they were cross with me, what was that all about???? Morons.

Being cross at someone who lost a loads of weight is properly mental. I really don't get that frame of mind. I've not encountered it yet myself and hope
I don't as i don't think i could stop myself from giving people lilke that a piece of my mind - and thats bad carma.

Tis difficult for people i think. If they don't notice your weight loss then we get annoyed about them not saying anything. When they do - we feel like they are being critical of how we were before!!!! Its a social minefield. Even the fairly benign comment ' wow you've lost loads of weight!!' Can be interpreted as 'you used to be a right porker!' depending in the state of mind of the person receiving the 'complimemt' - and lets face it - most of us are pretty self concious about our weight in the first place which makes us more likely to take it badly.

Totally agree. When I was 23st - I lost 3 and was mortified that no one had noticed. A close friend was brave enough to tell me how self conscious they knew I was and didn't want to mention in case I was offended.

Also I noticed that when I'm lighter I care less about what people have to say about it because it really doesn't matter to me. When I'm heavier I carry all these insecurities around my neck. It's mad but I agree - totally about mood.

I think if you're around people who say silly things like this you have 2 options:

1. Do not surround yourself with ppl that make you feel this way
2. If you cant help but be around ppl ppl like this, then ignore the comments and carry on doing what you're doing.

Thankfully at my work a lot of poeple are doing sw and anyone says anything I know I have back up lol it's nt a diet anyway it's a healthy eating plan and a good one at tht xxxx

I think if you're around people who say silly things like this you have 2 options:

1. Do not surround yourself with ppl that make you feel this way
2. If you cant help but be around ppl ppl like this, then ignore the comments and carry on doing what you're doing.
I really want to add
3. Punch them in the face

But its wrong ,and i know its wrong so turning the other cheek it is.:sigh:

But its wrong ,and i know its wrong so turning the other cheek it is.:sigh:
I know its wrong but then being wrong isn't half fun! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Some people are total melons! Ignore them.

I think I can top it though, my brother has the answer to all of my problems.......apparently.....

9 years ago when I was heavily pg in between meals I ate a 2 finger kitkat...omg!!!!!! No wonder I'm fat! Sheesh imagine a heavily pg woman having a kitkat inbetween meals.

Oh and surely I can find a field to walk around.....

If only it was that easy. My brother really really upset me with these comments. What business is it of his what I eat and why 9 years ago was he looking at me and judging me because I ate a kitkat. He needs to get a life. Family are the worst I find.

My flatmates the same everytime I make pasta, shes like 'arent you on a diet and your having all them CARBS' feels like punching her sometimes! But when I lose the weight and have a better body than her sure she wont be commenting on my carbs haha

Ooh Carbs - scary!!:rolleyes:
What are people like?!

Back