Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

sick of shakes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jules78, 22 March 2009 Social URL.

1. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    After nearly 4 wks of shakes,i`m finding that i`m forcing myself to drink them and at times they are turning my stomach.I have 2 porridges a day and a shake,because i hate the soups.Should i maybe try the bars now,or do they slow down weight loss?Also are they more expensive?Going to see my counsellor on tuesday for weigh in,so might make the change then.Don`t want to get to the point when i would skip the shake and go without.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I can't believe you havent had the bars yet, they are so nice! I have one every night. The only one I didn't like was the cranberry but the rest are very nice!

4. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I`m worried that i will find them a little too nice,and scoff the lot!Plus i have heard they have more carbs in them and wanted to carry on with just porridge and shakes.Don`t think my stomach is going to allow me to do that!!

5. Sarah Lou

Sarah Lou Gold Member

Diet:
    slim & save
    Try the bars.. they are really nice and give you something to chew on.. I can't go without a mix a mousse, powder you add to water and your shake mix, blitz with a hand blender and pop in the freezer until set (5mins) you then get a mousse!!! the butterscotch gets me through any serious cravings.:) the only one I did not like was tthe choc orange, tasted powderey, hope that helps x my cdc gave me some to try before I bought a pot incase I did not like it. :)

6. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Jules,
    I was worried about the bars triggering me to want to eat, but thankfully they haven't done that! I was also worried about slower weight loss, but hopefully you can see that hasn't been the case either. I lost 7lbs this week eating a bar a day :)
    The cranberry and peanut are lower in carbs than the others, so if you are carb sensitive they are the best, but I don't have any problems. They have really made a big difference to me, I don't think that I could do CD without them! I love the toffee one, it feels like such a treat and is so yummy :)
    Give it a go and see! They certainly add variety and it is so nice to be able to chew, and they are sooooooo handy when you are out or at work! I try and eat them slowly, with small bites to make them last with water.
    good luck! And well done on 4 weeks :)
    bingbong

7. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I think i will try them,because i can`t face another week with shakes!Love the porridge,but two times a day is enough.

8. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    As long as you don't have more than one bar a day you shouldn't have a problem with staying in ketosis. Because they're slightly higher in carbs and because they have a slight laxative effect one is the maximum. It's nice to chew something and if you chop it up it can last a little while.

9. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I heard people freeze them and cut them up,that should make them last ages.Do they taste like the slim fast snack bars does anyone know?

10. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am sooo looking forward to having the bars. One more week to go!

11. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got sick of the shakes and ended up having porridge, bar, tetra, soup.

Back on another re-start (whoops how did that happen) and loving choc shakes again, don't want tetra! strange how the pallet works!

12. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    That's what I do, I cut them into 16 bits and have a couple of big coffees to wash them down (I can spin this meal out to about 20 minutes). I like them all except peanut (which I'm allergic to).

Whatever you do, don't try and bake them in the microwave (as some people recommend) - however I do it, I just end up with smouldering burnt lumps which taste nasty! :jelous:

(PS. You really should try the mousses if you haven't already - they are lurvely and really feel like a meal.)

Last edited: 22 March 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.