sick of shakes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jules78, 22 March 2009 Social URL.

1. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    After nearly 4 wks of shakes,i`m finding that i`m forcing myself to drink them and at times they are turning my stomach.I have 2 porridges a day and a shake,because i hate the soups.Should i maybe try the bars now,or do they slow down weight loss?Also are they more expensive?Going to see my counsellor on tuesday for weigh in,so might make the change then.Don`t want to get to the point when i would skip the shake and go without.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I can't believe you havent had the bars yet, they are so nice! I have one every night. The only one I didn't like was the cranberry but the rest are very nice!

4. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I`m worried that i will find them a little too nice,and scoff the lot!Plus i have heard they have more carbs in them and wanted to carry on with just porridge and shakes.Don`t think my stomach is going to allow me to do that!!

5. Sarah Lou

Sarah Lou Gold Member

Diet:
    slim & save
    Try the bars.. they are really nice and give you something to chew on.. I can't go without a mix a mousse, powder you add to water and your shake mix, blitz with a hand blender and pop in the freezer until set (5mins) you then get a mousse!!! the butterscotch gets me through any serious cravings.:) the only one I did not like was tthe choc orange, tasted powderey, hope that helps x my cdc gave me some to try before I bought a pot incase I did not like it. :)

6. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Jules,
    I was worried about the bars triggering me to want to eat, but thankfully they haven't done that! I was also worried about slower weight loss, but hopefully you can see that hasn't been the case either. I lost 7lbs this week eating a bar a day :)
    The cranberry and peanut are lower in carbs than the others, so if you are carb sensitive they are the best, but I don't have any problems. They have really made a big difference to me, I don't think that I could do CD without them! I love the toffee one, it feels like such a treat and is so yummy :)
    Give it a go and see! They certainly add variety and it is so nice to be able to chew, and they are sooooooo handy when you are out or at work! I try and eat them slowly, with small bites to make them last with water.
    good luck! And well done on 4 weeks :)
    bingbong

7. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I think i will try them,because i can`t face another week with shakes!Love the porridge,but two times a day is enough.

8. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    As long as you don't have more than one bar a day you shouldn't have a problem with staying in ketosis. Because they're slightly higher in carbs and because they have a slight laxative effect one is the maximum. It's nice to chew something and if you chop it up it can last a little while.

9. jules78

jules78 Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    cambridge ss
    I heard people freeze them and cut them up,that should make them last ages.Do they taste like the slim fast snack bars does anyone know?

10. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am sooo looking forward to having the bars. One more week to go!

11. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I got sick of the shakes and ended up having porridge, bar, tetra, soup.

Back on another re-start (whoops how did that happen) and loving choc shakes again, don't want tetra! strange how the pallet works!

12. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    That's what I do, I cut them into 16 bits and have a couple of big coffees to wash them down (I can spin this meal out to about 20 minutes). I like them all except peanut (which I'm allergic to).

Whatever you do, don't try and bake them in the microwave (as some people recommend) - however I do it, I just end up with smouldering burnt lumps which taste nasty! :jelous:

(PS. You really should try the mousses if you haven't already - they are lurvely and really feel like a meal.)

Last edited: 22 March 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.