side effect possibility.

cherylxx

Silver Member
Hi Girls and guys,

I am at present 5 days into a restart of the Cambridge diet. This is my 3rd attempt over the last 2 years to try and change my life and get control back and to get myself to the stage where , for the first time in my life I would be classed as normal, not obese, not morbidly obese, but normal.
However, there are 2 things i really struggle with when it comes to the cd.
The first is the obvious.... the cost. clearly moving to s&s would greatly help in that area.
The second issue i have is constipation. OMG i have suffered so much with that and even though im only 5 days into my restart i am already noticing things becoming 'difficult' once more.
The first time i did cd I was eventually forced to come off by my gp after not 'going' to the toilet for 16 days and ending up in a LOT of pain.
The last time i did cd things didnt get quite so bad as i was taking fibre suppliments plus movicol every day. However, things were still painful and i constantly had tummy ache after a month or so.
I've been looking into s&s and have ordered the 25 trial pack and was wondering if, with the fact that i can have actual food packs and some veg ( although i havent been able to find a list anywhere of what veg or measurements of daily veg anywhere) is constipation still likely to be such a problem.
So, as sensitive as the subject is I guess what i'm asking is does anyone suffer with constipation on 4 packs of S&S with meal packs and added veg? .
I will, if necessary still take the fibre suppliments but i am hoping to be able to avoid having to rely on laxatives in order to just go to the toilet 1-2 times in a week.
Thanks in advance for any advice u can give me on this sensitive subject matter
:eek:

i was on it for 3 weeks (just restarting now) and and NO problems going. I did lipotrim for 3 days and was in agony on the loo!

Thanks Mummypigs. I'm sooo praying for an easier time. I have to admit that I when i was on the S&S website i was possitively drooling at the thought of the meal packs. I really think if i can just avoid the toilet issues and if the packs are as nice as they look then i should be able to stay on S&S until i get goal ( and thats a longggg time away yet).
At the moment i am on waiting list for a gastric band but if i can find a way of doing this myself...... all the better. :)

I spent months not being able to 'go' properly on this diet either having the packs with veg or no veg. I did LT several years ago and it was worse (like giving birth :eek:) but I still struggled on this diet without taking something. I tried all of the usual fibre supplements suggested by people but nothing fixed things for me other than good old Dulcolax. I wasn't terribly happy about resorting to a laxative twice a week though which is what was needed if I was to feel ok. In the past month tho I have discovered Scan Bran, a bran crispbread that is relatively low in calories and carbs. I have 1 or 2 a day and have 'been' regularly since. It's not completely on plan but I figure that it must be much healthier for me than resorting to laxatives. Some people have also found that adding a tablespoon of wheat bran to their oatmeal or mealpacks also does the trick but I only really have the hot packs at the weekend so that doesn't work for me every day.

Holland and Barratt sell them (as do Slimming World if you know someone who goes to the sessions). Some people have said that they are the food of the devil but I must be odd as I quite like them, and the main thing is I have had no difficulties in that department since and believe me I could get into big trouble before!

Scandinavian Bran Crispbread | Holland and Barrett

Hi, I started s&s nearly 2 weeks ago- and much to my suprise I am not constipated at all... I usually do get constipated on CD... BUT I am on antibiotics, bu thave only been on these since last Monday. I will let you know next week!

thanks for the replies. :)

Border, i remember making various sw recipes using the dreaded scan bran. i must admit it isnt a favourite of mine and reminds me of chewing on a cereal box in its raw form. lol
However, should i need it i will definately consider giving it a go if it needs be. I cant take dulcolax as it gives me terrible cramps. ive tried just about everything in the past on cd and there were times i broke the diet just to eat beans on wholemeal toast to help with the situation. obviously that has an effect on weightloss so i would prefer finding another solution.
thanks novacane. who knows, maybe i will be the same and will be pleasantly surprised.
I cant wait to get my trial pack and give it a go.
I will miss my ready made tetras on cd i must admit..... but thats mainly cause im lazy as much as anything else. lol

I used to use Dulcolax Pico Perles as I found them milder than the original ones. I couldn't use the original ones as they gave me terrible stomach cramps but the pico perles were ok. If you do use them take 1 or 2 to start with, not 4! Some people on here have posted that they have gone for the maximum dose from the get go and then ended up with terrible stomach cramps! Still, you may be one of the lucky ones where the veggies do the trick for you so wait and see, but don't leave things too long. You know what that's like already as do I!

Back