Side effects... Any toilet cleaning tips?

FinallyMotivated

I know this isn't the nicest of posts but I wondered whether anyone has any tips on cleaning the toilet after a serious bout of side effects after a binge?

I'm doing Dukan while taking Xenical and all has been ok for a while, oops!!

FinallyMotivated said:
I know this isn't the nicest of posts but I wondered whether anyone has any tips on cleaning the toilet after a serious bout of side effects after a binge?

I'm doing Dukan while taking Xenical and all has been ok for a while, oops!!

Lol, afraid not - ours is permanently damaged! :) xx

We've tried everything, to be honest - scrubbed, bleached you name it. Hubby not impressed, but also happy that I'm 8 stone lighter, so swings and roundabouts I guess.... :) xx

FinallyMotivated said:
Well done!! I think my 2 stone loss (so far!!) is why mine tolerates it lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks, hon, well done to you too! Sorry if I was less than helpful about the toilet, lol, but we really haven't managed to find a solution. :) xx

Domestos bleach / extra strength lime scale remover - clean straight after!

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Domestos bleach / extra strength lime scale remover - clean straight after!

Snap, that's what I used to do. But to be honest didn't get the symptoms that often due to following the 5g rule x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You need to clean the bowl straight after, I used to keep cleaning wipes by the loo so that I could wipe it straight away.

Eek! This has scared me- I have just started taking xenical and have heard some reports about side effects but I didn't know it would be that bad??!!? I haven't had any yet but starting to worry....

Eek! This has scared me- I have just started taking xenical and have heard some reports about side effects but I didn't know it would be that bad??!!? I haven't had any yet but starting to worry....

As long as you eat within the rules you will not have the side effects

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Missclarabo said:

Lol, did you see that programme called When Diets Go Wrong that was on this week? That gave the usual dire warning about Orlistat that you see on these things, but you know that the woman must have been eating sooo badly to have been getting the disastrous results she described. She had to sit on a carrier bag in her car because she was getting uncontrollable leakage, so she must have been eating a shedload of fat! As everyone says, if you follow the rules you'll be fine. :) xx

Missclarabo said:
Oh my! Well hopefully the fear will make me stick to the rules then!

That's the best thing about Orlistat in a nutshell - the fear factor! How much are you looking to lose? :) xx

Ideally I need to lose about 6 1/2 stone. It's going to be a long haul. I am trying to follow Scottish Slimmers eating plan to keep me on track. It's great cos it tells you the fat grams for each meal as well as "checks". It's just the unknown amounts of eating out that terrify me. Out tonight again and am thinking about skipping the tablet (even though I am planning to ask for a low fat pasta dish) but I'm so scared it all goes wrong and I have an accident in public. ?

Missclarabo said:
Ideally I need to lose about 6 1/2 stone. It's going to be a long haul. I am trying to follow Scottish Slimmers eating plan to keep me on track. It's great cos it tells you the fat grams for each meal as well as "checks". It's just the unknown amounts of eating out that terrify me. Out tonight again and am thinking about skipping the tablet (even though I am planning to ask for a low fat pasta dish) but I'm so scared it all goes wrong and I have an accident in public. ?

I'm sure you'll have that amount off before you know it. Think it took me about 12 months to get to that loss, but I've done it quite steadily with no exercise.

Just bear in mind that skipping today's tablet won't help if you eat too much fat tonight - the drug stays in your system for up to 72 hours so you have to stop taking it a few days before if you want to be "naughty"! :) xx

Avoid cream based sauces, tomato based sauces maybe best - no extra cheese added, avoid the meat sauces.. Maybe they do a salad ?

Prawns/ seafood ? With salad no dressing

I'm sure you'll have that amount off before you know it. Think it took me about 12 months to get to that loss, but I've done it quite steadily with no exercise.

Just bear in mind that skipping today's tablet won't help if you eat too much fat tonight - the drug stays in your system for up to 72 hours so you have to stop taking it a few days before if you want to be "naughty"! :) xx

Wow!! You lost all that in 12months- amazing! Well done!! I have tried everything else so Xenical is my last chance xx

Avoid cream based sauces, tomato based sauces maybe best - no extra cheese added, avoid the meat sauces.. Maybe they do a salad ?

Prawns/ seafood ? With salad no dressing

Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I know seafood could be a good option but I'm allergic. Think I can have a half portion of penne arrabiata with gluten free pasta and I will ask them to make the sauce with no oil and a side salad with no dressing. Third night out in a row (2nd meal) and I'm not drinking either! ;-)

Back