Side effects???

Elsa

I'm starting LL in the New Year and I'm really excited about it - especially after reading some of the success stories on this website. But one thing worries me.....and thats the possible side effects:(

I've heard about the bad breath (I'll just gargle alot) but what about hair loss has anyone found that a real issue? I have over 6 stone to lose I'm also kinda worried about saggy skin??:eek:

Any advice to a newbie is very welcome.

Thanks in advance

Hi Elsa,

Bath breath is only tempo ray and can be reduced by adequate water intake and mouth rinsing with a mouthwash like Oraldene or Listerine.

You experience it when your going into ketosis...furry tongue, but the upside is that you know your well on your way as hunger is now greatly reduced and a feeling of well-being is often experience by dieters.

I had hair loss as I was SSing for 168 days straight but it all grew back okay...even though I lost a lot it was not that noticeable...it was very like the hair loss I experienced after I had my son.

Not everyone gets the hair loss.

I have lost 5 stone, it was 6 1/2, but have regained 1 1/2:eek: :( My skin is perfect, I have no complaints, it does go through phases but seems to snap back in again.

I am back SSing and want to lose a further 4 1/2 stone and I do worry that I might have loose skin but I have decided I want the weight off first and foremost.

I do light toning exercise and a lot of body massage, I feel it helps, but then it could be genetic?

Love Mini xxx

Hi

Congratulations on starting LL in January, you must be very excited.

I can only second everthing that mini has said. I started LL in the middle of June and have lost 7 stone since then. I don't really have any loose skin, although I do have a bit of a jelly belly but am working on toning the muscles with loads of sit ups and regular exercise. I also use body lotion every day and have done right the way through.

I might not have perfectly toned skin, but I look a hell of a lot better now than I did 6 months ago thats for sure!

I do have smelly breath, but it's worth it. And I have lost quite a bit of hair, but I don't look bald, it's just not as thick as before, and I'm the only one who has noticed.

Good luck for January

Shadow x

You WILL get bad breath, you might experience hair loss, and you might be left with saggy skin.
I just think "You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs!!" and the rewards are SO worth it.
Ann

Hi Shadow,

7 stone!!!!:eek: Since June is WOW!!!

I am delighted to hear your skin is in good condition and I am sure the jelly belly will tone up eventually....even so, you have done well.

Love Mini xxx

The worst side effect for me was getting addicted to minimins!

My hair may be a little thinner but not noticeable! But the good side affects are plentiful

eg Drastically reduced Cellulite, clearer skin, tonnes more energy, obviously the weightloss, clearer mind and much much happier.

You are wise to prepare yourself for the negatives but the positives by far outweigh the negs 100/1.

Dizzy x

Hi Elsa

I too am starting in January, thanks for starting this thread. I am so wrapped up in the positives I didn't even consider there could be some negatives.

It's great to be prepared and now I can start with my eyes truly wide open and can stock up on the Listerine!!!

Good luck Elsa, what date do you start?

Tania x

I don't really suffer from bad breath unless I am really naughty and not drinking enough, and I wouldn't say I've lost much hair either, but having lost 34 Lbs my stomach skin is suffering! Its more to do with having carried a baby as well though, If my stomach hadn't been stretched then it wouldn't be an issue now. Its a bit wrinkly looking at the moment but I still have more weight to lose and I'm going to start and do sit ups, I'm hoping given a bit of time the skin will tighten a bit, I've only been on this since the end of september.

At the end of the day the skin on my stomach is the least of my worries! I was almost definately going to become diabetic, and probably was a prime candidate for early heart disease etc. I'd rather had a saggy tummy than any of that thanks very much!

and I do agree with mini (I think it was mini) elastic skin IS genetic. Its all luck!

mags
xxxx

Thanks everyone - I'm fully committed to do doing this and I know all the positives (but it's good to hear a reminder) I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared

I think this site is great and am really glad I've found it before I even begin. The weight losses are awe inspiring and I hope I'm one of them in 6 months time!!

Thanks everyone - I'm fully committed to do doing this and I know all the positives (but it's good to hear a reminder) I just want to make sure I'm fully prepared

I think this site is great and am really glad I've found it before I even begin. The weight losses are awe inspiring and I hope I'm one of them in 6 months time!!

I never ever thought that Id be one of them either hun, but I am, and Im still shocked about it lol!!!! VLCD was the best thing I ever did, and if I can, then you can too x

PS, I had no hair loss at all, bad breath yes but gold spot spray is v good!

Side effects for me include:-

Clear, glowing skin
Bright eyes
Tendancy to smile all the time
Loads of energy
Positive attitude
Bad breath (counteract by drinking the water! or use GoldSpot)
Hair loss - noticed recently after 100 plus days.
Much improved sex-life (don't ask!)
HOPE ... for a slimmer future

Back