Extra Easy New member, on week 3.

cordy1979

Hi everyone. I've been reading alot on here the last few weeks but this is my first post!
Struggled with my weight since the age of 11, I'm now 37! Had success along time ago with SW but put it all on again and some. I'm 5ft 8 was 15st 10lbs in November when I got very ill and had my gall bladder removed. Since then I lost some weight on my own. Then became very worried when I quickly put 7lbs on scoffing in a week!! Realised it was essential to get extra help so joined up a few weeks back at 14st 8 lbs.

1st week - 3.5 lbs
2nd week -2.5 lbs
3rd weigh in is Thursday though slightly worried as started 'star week' yesterday. Am really putting everything into following the plan and feel excited about seeing the results! So just wanted to say hi and hopefully get tips and support. Thanks.

Reactions: SPE
Hi honey I'm also starting the extra easy plan this week :) was on juice plus which wasn't working for me anymore initially lost three stone on it then stalled so thought I'd give slimming world another whirl
I'm doing extra easy too fancy buddying up and helping each other
Love ally

Hi Ally, that's an amazing loss you've achieved! Any help is always good hun I'm really enjoying SW extra easy to be honest, it's certainly easy to work out what you can and can't have! I haven't felt hungry or like I'm missing out yet so that's good. Don't think I would have the willpower to stick to a juice or shake type plan, or that Cambridge plan, or fasting ones I've done so well on SW many years ago I know it can work. Will you be going to a class or doing it online or at home yourself hun? Xx

Hi huni
Juice plus was two shakes a day and a low carb meal but allowed loads of fats which worked well initially but after 6 months my weight loss slowed and I went a whole 6 months without losing a pound , ( I even gained a few) I've done slimming world in the past too so like you I know it works and is scientifically proven
I'm so excited to start my journey
I'm initially starting my journey at home following all the sw principles I.e
One hexA
One hexB
And then filling up on superfree and free foods
Today I've had- two small slices of whole meal bread with flora light and bovril then some 0% yogurt with sweetener and banana for breakfast .
I had a subway salad with no cheese for lunch then tonight I made sw hunters chicken sw chips and a big salad for dinner was lovely also gonna have a white choc options sooo before bed I'm also drinking lots of plain and flavoured water too :) only been back on plan three days but I'm honestly loving it all and finding it so easy and liberating to be able to eat so many food groups
I'm starting at 13.6 and hoping to get down to 9.6 by the summer I feel in the right frame of mind and determined to get to my goal
I know we can do this hunnie :) don't know about you but ive wrote a list of things of why I want to lose weight like - wear high heels again, go dancing, wear pretty dresses I find this helps keep me focused while I'm dieting and also having lots of non food treats like buying new make up and having a nice hot long soak in the bath with a new mag or two :)
Here's to us and our amazing journeys
Love ally

Well stuck to plan this week though I'm aware I definitely have eaten more free food as it's that time of the month and have stayed the same this week. Disappointed but glad it's not a gain. Hopefully week 4 weigh in will be a better one!! Xx

Hi Huni if it's any consolation when it's my time of the month I gain about 5lbs every single time ! So annoying I carry so much water at that time of the month
I bet you a have a lovely big loss next week :) xxxxxxx

Thanks hun, yes I really hope the scales are kind to me next week. I'm glad it wasn't a gain that I would have then been trying to shift also! Xx

I've had gains lots of times when I've been due on hunnie I've seen me gain 5lbs :( i cry and feel so depressed only for the next week to have a huge loss I bet you'll get a whopper next week :)
Well done for maintaining and here is to a brand new week! I officially join slimming world at their club next Tuesday so I will get weighed then but I started at 13.6 and last time I checked I was down to 13.3 so i would be happy with a 5lb loss for my first week
Fingers crossed :) xxxxx

Just had four little Maria sugar free biscuits and a tablespoon of Nutella mmmmm :) lol
I've had 12 syns today is it just me or do you feel guilty when you use up your syns ? I do lol it's silly really as they are there to be used xxx

I have a plan that I may try this time for ' star ' week and thats to do an SP week I think that might help :) I can't stand going to group when it's that time of month I always feel so big and bloated and no matter what I do , I always gain xxxx

I do feel naughty eating syns, esp when I'm enjoying a pack of walkers French frie crisps 4 syns, and a bag of skinny popcorn 3.5 syns which I like with a marmite sandwich most days for lunch

Today went well! Weigh in 4 lost 3.5 lbs, got half stone award and lost 9.5 lbs intotal now so chuffed as worked hard this week on my willpower!! Ate too many carbs the week before, Muller lights and bananas so restricted those and had a lovely loss. Fingers crossed I lose next week to! Not even a treat today for weigh in day. Used 8 syns, my lowest so far. Cut syns from 15 to 12.5 max this last week as well xx

Wow amazing sweetheart well done ✅ :)
I joined officially on Tues night , weighed in at 13.2
So I've lost 4lbs since I started I'm also hoping for a great loss this week too :) I think we should give each other a massive pat on the back
Ps I'm also giving treats night a swerve lol
Bring on. Afresh new week and here's to more weight loss :) xxxxxxx

Fantastic hun!! Feels so hard before the weight starts to come off but I feel so committed to giving this everything I have for life now, put on my new size smaller jeans today, still large as gone from size 20 to an 18, the 20s were hanging off me. Bought the size 18s a week before I started sw and though they did up they were a very tight fit. But now they fit like a glove! Also quite slimming as I don't have a huge bundle of excess jean material where they were too big but I wasn't quite able to pull off the 18s comfortably. Thanks to those 9.5 lbs they're now really comfy!! How I love that I can tell you!

I've dieted over and over for most of my life. Only once was I pretty successful then just stopped bothering with weigh in about 15 years ago! I feel more into this now than I ever did back then so I'm confident this is me now. I'm actually happy with this sw plan as its so so achievable. No good trying to seriously lose weight when you aren't quite in the right mindset. Don't care I there are gains and maintains though they will be disappointing etc I know they aren't going to affect me staying on plan so that's feels good if that makes sense?

Trying to ease on the carbs again and 'heavier' free foods like chips bananas mullerlights etc as they seriously halt or damage my weigh in I think. But that's fine, it's trial and error with what works best for the individual I think. Also mainly using bread as healthy extra b not 2 hifi bars or I find myself adding another couple in the evenings, even though I within syns still I'm sure it didn't help me, and dropping syns to 12.5 max. See what happens doing the above all week again. I am worried maybe some was fluid etc and that I may go up a few pounds again! X

Whoop another great weigh in! 3.5lbs loss again this week! Total 13 lbs, really hoping for my stone award next week. I will work hard again and see what happens. How are you doing hun? Xx

Sorry I'm late posting this had a mega busy busy week well done on your fantastic weight loss :) 2.5 off for me this week very happy with that tho as I'm due on next week
So for me that's a fab loss
I'm doing sp now go speed up my weight loss and really enjoying it hunie , and also enjoying having two healthy b choices as I've been having two slices of wholemeal bread and then my two hi-fi bars after my main meal
I'm excited to see what the scales say next week once I've come on
Here's to another fab week for us both :) xxxx

Thanks Mini xx
Well done ally! I'm due on next week so I'm hoping it doesn't trash this week or next weeks weigh in!! I'm trying aquaban from Tesco's for pre menstrual bloat. So far so good. Fingers crossed for us both x

Thanks mini also :)
How are u finding the aqua ban I really need to try something this month as can easily gain up to 7lbs in water weight each month it's a nightmare ! Xxxxx

Back