Signature and Profile picture...????

fat in the jing

as happy as a lark!
I have been trying to edit my signature and add a profile pic since I first joined Minimins over a month ago, but, unfortunately to no avail!!! I'd like to add my goals to signature, but keep being told that characters must not exceed 500....however, I see many of you guys and gals have very, very long signatures, any advice much appreciated!!:D

Profile picture just keeps telling me my upload has failed. I have checked and rechecked the size and picture is actually much, much smaller than the maximum size (just 16 kb) again, any help, much appreciated!!!:D

Thank you!!!

Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!!
Get To Know Your Way Around MiniMins!

This is how I get around MiniMins.com.............

Click on MiniMins.com at the top left of the page and it will always bring you to the front page with all the names of the forums for you to explore. :superwoman:

Or use Forum Jump on the top left of the blue tool bar on top of the page. Click on it and a box will drop down with all the names of the forum and you can click into anyone of them and your there.:party0011:

When you click on a forum name like "New Comers" it opens up and you will see all the threads that are in that particular forum.

Look up on the Blue Tool Bar at the top of the page and you will see 'New Posts' Click on this and all the latest new posts as they happen are here:)

On the blue tool bar you will find User CP which is handy for getting into your profile to edit your signature, add an avatar or change your profile in some way.

User Cp is also where you go to add your weight tracker in your signature.

:lost:

On the Blue Tool Bar at the top of the page you will seeTutorials and this will show you step by step how to put up your signature and how to use other functions of this site.:character00148:

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 20 post s's you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

FAQ is also on the tool bar and our Flash Chat room:blahblah: where you can talk one on one with another member.

Gallery is where you can put up your own photos, your own personal album will hold 20 good size photos, or many more smaller ones.

If you look under your avatar you will see Gallery beside your name and if you click on it, it will bring you into your very own album.

Arcade where we have a good selection of games for you to play and if your good enough you can become champion!
1st.gif

On the Quick Links, you get all sorts of goodies, like Today's posts, Mark Forums Read...Open Buddy List, where you can add people like your friends and stuff. User Control Panel section is the same as the user CP...short cuts.:character00201:

icon14.gif
Buddy List! :gen126:
This is a list of users you wish to identify as your Buddies. To add a user to your buddy list, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under Miscellaneous, select [Buddy / Ignore Lists], type the user name you wish to add in the Buddy List and click 'Save List' [Update Buddy List]

To remove a user from either the Buddy or Ignore Lists, un-tick the box next to their name and click the 'Save List' button.

To add a user to either list, enter their name in the empty boxes for that list and click 'Save List'.

Alternately, you can click on their user name in any post and, from the drop-down menu, click the [Add user name to Your Buddy List] link.

Buddies will appear in the Users on line list with a + sign following their user name.

:)Subscribe to a thread/email notification::) :fyi:

What is email notification? If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.
Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

Finding your own posts and threads: :confused::rolleyes:

Go to Members List and click on the Button near to your name or the that says "FIND" on it and you will see the history of posts on threads....

:sign0163: At the bottom of the front page we have a shout box, you can type a message in it if you need help in a hurry or just want to share something and get attention quickly!:sign0009:

For instant inspiration click on the Inspirational Slide Show on the Blue Tool Bar!:wow:

mixed-smiley-030.gif
If you need help on using this site please post inTechnical Forum Support http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/

Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!! Get To Know Your Way Around MiniMins!

Click on MiniMins.com at the top left of the page and it will always bring you to the front page with all the names of the forums for you to explore. :superwoman:

Or use Forum Jump on the top left of the blue tool bar on top of the page. Click on it and a box will drop down with all the names of the forum and you can click into anyone of them and your there.:party0011:

When you click on a forum name like "New Comers" it opens up and you will see all the threads that are in that particular forum.

Look up on the Blue Tool Bar at the top of the page and you will see 'New Posts' Click on this and all the latest new posts as they happen are here:)

On the blue tool bar you will find User CP which is handy for getting into your profile to edit your signature, add an avatar or change your profile in some way.

On the Blue Tool Bar at the top of the page you will seeTutorials and this will show you step by step how to put up your signature and how to use other functions of this site.:character00148:

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 20 post s's you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

FAQ is also on the tool bar and our Flash Chat room:blahblah: where you can talk one on one with another member.

Gallery is where you can put up your own photos, your own personal album will hold 20 good size photos, or many more smaller ones.

If you look under your avatar you will see Gallery beside your name and if you click on it, it will bring you into your very own album.

Arcade where we have a good selection of games for you to play and if your good enough you can become champion!
1st.gif

On the Quick Links, you get all sorts of goodies, like Today's posts, Mark Forums Read...Open Buddy List, where you can add people like your friends and stuff. User Control Panel section is the same as the user CP...short cuts.:character00201:

icon14.gif
This is a list of users you wish to identify as your Buddies. To add a user to your buddy list, go to your User CP and in the left Nav Panel under Miscellaneous, select [Buddy / Ignore Lists], type the user name you wish to add in the Buddy List and click 'Save List' [Update Buddy List]

To remove a user from either the Buddy or Ignore Lists, un-tick the box next to their name and click the 'Save List' button.

To add a user to either list, enter their name in the empty boxes for that list and click 'Save List'.

Alternately, you can click on their user name in any post and, from the drop-down menu, click the [Add user name to Your Buddy List] link.

Buddies will appear in the Users on line list with a + sign following their user name.

What is email notification? If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Go to Members List and click on the Button near to your name or the that says "FIND" on it and you will see the history of posts on threads....

:sign0163: At the bottom of the front page we have a shout box, you can type a message in it if you need help in a hurry or just want to share something and get attention quickly!:sign0009:

For instant inspiration click on the Inspirational Slide Show on the Blue Tool Bar!:wow:

mixed-smiley-030.gif
If you need help on using this site please post inTechnical Forum Support http://www.minimins.com/forum-technical-support/

Mini's Guided Tour Of the MiniMins Website!!! Get To Know Your Way Around MiniMins!

1st.gif

icon14.gif

mixed-smiley-030.gif

Hiya...good try.
Maybe you need to log in afresh for it to recount your postings or something.

Sure it won't be long before you can have one of those sparkly names then you can be 'Bling in the Jing'!:queen:

Enjoyed reading your diary earlier. Going for my intro meeting with LL on Monday so loving reading all the inspirational stories.:)

Still Not Working!:cry:

Signature still tells me that I cannot have more than 500 characters and profile picture stills says 'failed to upload'

Am sad:cry:

Any idea of what file type you picture is? Gif? Jpeg? Png? If it's a different type, it might need converting.

Well, I've managed to change my signature...wayhey!!!! Still can't get my profile picture up. I've checked and I'm trying to post a JPEG, should be OK, eh?
As with my weight loss trials and tribulations,,, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!

You've done it:happy096:

And very nice Too!

I did it;) Not sure what the problem was. Not even sure I've put the right photo up. Hopefully FITJ will let me know if it's the wrong one.

Still...it's up now and looking like a pretty fine family there :cool:

Back