Signatures and Progressive Privileges

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everybody,

You might of noticed over the past day and a bit your signature went missing.

Basically we were adjusting settings for people in different groups(I'll explain what that means in a few). This is to stop or help us from being spammed by malevolent people and to protect our users.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about so we decided to write this to explain it a bit better and how the process works.

So, groups, basically your in a different group at different points.

When you join, you are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery. (This was the new group that was introduced that has caused the confusion).

When you reach 20 post s's you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

I hope this sorts out some of the confusion and you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

Pierce

Last edited by a moderator:
crystal .....!

Thaks for that Pierce, now i get it.

I'm struggling to get an avatar also, even got my OH to look at what I might be doing wrong, but he had no idea.
I just cant seem to either upload or copy & paste one.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Pierce,

I have posted more than 20x but still cannot get an

I see you got an avatar up. It takes at most an hour for the forum to set your new privlages to have access to an avatar.

I'm struggling to get an avatar also, even got my OH to look at what I might be doing wrong, but he had no idea.
I just cant seem to either upload or copy & paste one.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cherry, you can email me the avatar to [email protected] and I will put it up for you :)

Pierce

How to setup your weight tracker in your signature!

Go the website Graphical Event Ticker for your Signature, Message Boards, Blogs and Web Page and set up a weight loss ticker by following the instructions, filling in your weight and goal, and create your own. On the finished page it gives several different versions of what to hylight and copy. Pick the BB code version , hylight it, then right click and copy.

Next go you your profile on this site, UserCP(in the blue bar above on the far left), click edit signature, and then paste it in your signature. Click save and your good to go ;)

Your tracker will now appear at the bottom of every post you have!

http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/

Weight Loss signature tracker

Weight Loss - Diet Ticker

Families.com's Ticker section - Families.com

Check this link out for more information on how others have done it.

http://www.minimins.com/news-please-read/9000-signatures-progressive-privileges.html

Oh now I see, I had no idea how to get thoses things. I thought I was missing a membership page or something. Thanks Mini

Was there not a countdown thing that used to be displayed in your signature? It's disappeared and I can't even find where I put in the details of something I was counting down to!

oooh ok, that makes sense. I was wondering why I couldn't have more stuff in my signature :) I'll have to start posting more, I tend to be more of a lurker than communicator lol

oh eek, there is so much to learn!

But I will enjoy exploring!

That explains things!!! I thought I was going daft!!!

thanks, I've already noticed this is a well run and informative site, i better get posting lol!

Back