Signing up

xsarahx

Gold Member
Hi

I'm going to start Sliming World next week. I did it before about 8 years ago at a club but don't like the idea of going along to a club again, plus money is tight as I'm a student.

Have looked at the website but, again, money is tight.

Do people do this without the use of the website or a group? I find this forum is good enough for support.

What are the real benefits of signing up online?

Hi

I'm going to start Sliming World next week. I did it before about 8 years ago at a club but don't like the idea of going along to a club again, plus money is tight as I'm a student.

Have looked at the website but, again, money is tight.

Do people do this without the use of the website or a group? I find this forum is good enough for support.

What are the real benefits of signing up online?

I'd say go and sign up for a week to get the new book so you can do the extra easy plan. Found online a waste myself but each to their own. I like going group but it is pricey so again not for everyone

i did slimming world 2 years ago at home with books i brought of e bay and i lost 3 stone sadly last sep got poorly so i have now put a stone and a half back on feeling a bit better now so here i go again lol

hi sarah,

ive spent hundreds on classes over the years but find them to be not for me.

this forum seems very supportive and packed with info, so i think im trying this route to shift the chubs .

best of luck and love for the new year xx

I personally need my group - my consultant is awesome and I have made some lovely friends there. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world and it took me a while to come out of my shell but I got there in the end :) I love to try and offer my help to others at group too, especially newer members. And I'm sure that I'd probably have given up by now if I'd not had the support of my group.

It's not for everyone though and lots of people have been very successful doing SW from home so I'm sure you'll be fine and this forum is a great source of support. I do find the online services very useful but not sure if I'd pay just for that tbh.

Good luck - however you chose to take on SW! x

you are so lucky to find a group that you feel comfortable at 2 years ago i did join my local group and felt invisable and uncomfortable the consultant was only interested in people that was losing big numbers every week the local gossip was the person doing the weighing i attented for a few weeks but never felt better about going i know not all groups are like this but unfortunatly mine was

I've been doing it without going to a group, but I'm doing it with my husband so we both support each other. This site is a fantastic resource and I've gotten loads of recipes, information and inspiration from it. When I started my social anxiety was pretty bad so the idea of going to group was just too much, now I feel like I could go if I wanted to, but since I'm doing so well without it am not going to bother unless I feel like I need to in the future.

I think if you're dedicated enough to doing it you will do it group or no group. Good luck.

Back