Silica tablets for Hair Loss?

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Hi just a quick question.

My sis started the diet last week and her cdc told her to buy silica tablets from holland and barrets to prevent her hair from falling on the diet. has anyone else been told about this or have any info on this?

my hair is falling pretty badly now... i was advised to cut it shorter to take the weight off it but it still falls really bad... and it also hurts when i brush my hair.

any advice would be great thanx

To be honest, I don't think anything helps though I guess it's worth a try. See, the 'damage' is done in the first week of the diet - it's the shock to the system of going on the diet. The hair loss thing tends to kick in between 12-14 weeks after you start and is to do with your hair follicles being shocked into a different stage of growth.

It can and does happen on any diet but I think we notice everything more on Cambridge - less time spent eating means more time to notice everything, I guess.

The good news is that it ain't permanent and it does stop after a week or two. It'll take another eight weeks or so for the hair to start to thicken up again - hair grows at around half an inch a month on average.

thanx lily. hmm it has been about 14 weeks since i started the diet.. so i supposed it makes sense. its just scaring me coz its falling at such an alarming rate :S

thank you x

I'm taking Biotin but apparently it takes about 4 -6 weeks to work, I should've started taking it sooner.

Back