silly Q re roasting chicken...

Lucky7

Lucky7
Do I have to take the skin of before I cook it, or can I do it afterwards??

Thanks in advance.
B x

Cheers Sarah - just couldn't remember if that was allowed. It would be MUCH easier.

x

You can do that? I've been taking it off before cooking thinking that the fat from the skin would go into the chicken!

I always just cooked in it foil, and basted it with the juices.... but leaving the skin on would much easier!

So is it the same for things like drumsticks? because that was a real pain to remove the skin when I did tea last night!

:)

I'm so pleased that I wasn't the only one to not know the answer on this one. Not such a silly question after all!!

Thanks everyone x

I usually cook it with the skin on, take the skin off and throw it in the bin - then squirt it with washing up liquid!

I usually cook the chicken with skin on then stip it after cooking and pop it in my mouth, then wonder why I haven't lost well at weigh in. ;)

I usually cook it with the skin on, take the skin off and throw it in the bin - then squirt it with washing up liquid!

Good idea - it is a bit of a temptation isn't it!

I usually cook the chicken with skin on then stip it after cooking and pop it in my mouth, then wonder why I haven't lost well at weigh in. ;)

Like I did today :whoopass: I was planning to throw it away but when it's under your nose smelling so gooood.

I have to say, I'm dreading christmas, because I am the only one who likes the skin in this house, so I used to have ALL the skin off a large turkey (9kg):eek: but it was sooo goood! Maybe i'll just buy turkey breasts and be done with it:8855: Temptation gone.

lol i hate skin so no problems here...:p

Back