Silly questions can anyone help

Hi guys I just started on Monday and have lost 6 pounds so far mostly water I know but I'm delighted I am reading the book but just a few things confusing me .
Can I eat as much protein as I want I'm a bit hungry come 9pm at nite and was wondering could I have some cooked plain chicken to nibble
Also what is the chicken stock drink everyone is taking about how do you make it or where do you buy it

Thanks in advance x

Hi Linny - yes you can eat unlimited protein in theory but always best to have some fat with it if possible - try your chicken dipped in mayo, or with a bit of cheese.

Chicken stock is just soup made from chicken bones - you can make it or buy it at the supermarket, and you can buy stock/bouillion cubes, but check the carb values on these.

And well done on your fab 6lb loss!

Well done on the loss so far Linny!

Re the stock soup, I use Knorr Touch of Taste chicken stock - it's concentrated liquid, so you don't need much, just a tsp or so, and it's 0.4g carbs per 100g - so a tsp is a miniscule amount of carbs. I pop into a mug, add hot water and hey presto, soup :)

It's very comforting :)

Susie I think that carb count is for 100ml as made up with water, not 100ml of the concentrate. Not much of a worry as you can still have a big very low carb mug but worth noting.

thanks guys for all your help i have had another good day im doing a double shift at work today from 8am this morning to 3.30pm tomorrow i get to go to bed from 12am till 8am but have to get up several times through the nite i work at an equine college and we have some mares due to foal so im hopeing that i can get through it all without slipping up but i seem to be pretty determined this time i done atkins 5 years ago and lost 9 stone i have put back on 6 :cry:

Back