Simply Filling Q's?? WW bagels..Philadelphia...baked beans...

Ella Belle

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could sort out a few queries I have...I know this is really annoying as all these questions have been asked before but I just can't figure it out :(

I have read through these threads a lot and studied the simply filling food list and gone through the book picking out all the things that are zero points so I have a fairly comprehensive list now but from reading through some of the posts I'm a bit confused :confused: Is there a list of free condiments etc somewhere? I've just picked them out of the book, most seem to be free up to 1tsp or 1tbsp.

Are WW bagels/pittas really free on SF? And is so, how come? Also, does that mean WW wraps are free?

I've read here somewhere that baked beans are free but I can't find them on the food list and in the WW book I have 'baked' beans are not highlighted in green. Are they free?

I tend to eat a lot of lf soft cheese (such as Philadelphia or equiv). Am I right in reading that this is not free on SF? As far as I can make it out cottage cheese is free but not soft cheese, is this right?

The last thing for now I am wondering about are Ryvita...I take it that they are not free, is this correct?

I am so sorry for being annoying and asking these questions when I'm sure they've been asked a hundred times but even though I read the answers in other places I know I will never be sure until I've done my own questioning..

Thank you so much for your help :)

Ella Belle said:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could sort out a few queries I have...I know this is really annoying as all these questions have been asked before but I just can't figure it out :(

I have read through these threads a lot and studied the simply filling food list and gone through the book picking out all the things that are zero points so I have a fairly comprehensive list now but from reading through some of the posts I'm a bit confused :confused: Is there a list of free condiments etc somewhere? I've just picked them out of the book, most seem to be free up to 1tsp or 1tbsp.

Are WW bagels/pittas really free on SF? And is so, how come? Also, does that mean WW wraps are free?

I've read here somewhere that baked beans are free but I can't find them on the food list and in the WW book I have 'baked' beans are not highlighted in green. Are they free?

I tend to eat a lot of lf soft cheese (such as Philadelphia or equiv). Am I right in reading that this is not free on SF? As far as I can make it out cottage cheese is free but not soft cheese, is this right?

The last thing for now I am wondering about are Ryvita...I take it that they are not free, is this correct?

I am so sorry for being annoying and asking these questions when I'm sure they've been asked a hundred times but even though I read the answers in other places I know I will never be sure until I've done my own questioning..

Thank you so much for your help :)

WW bagels, pittas, petit pains and wraps are all free. Baked beans are free. Philly isn't free though cottage cheese is though. Rivita isn't either.

I'll pm you something I devised about sf.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Simply filling

The point of this is to eat until you are full. All of the following foods are free so you don't have to weigh, measure etc but should stop eating when you are satisfied.

Choosing to have a Filling & Healthy day means you will focus on eating Filling & Healthy foods. You won't need to count the ProPoints values in any of them, regardless of the portion size or the ProPoints values listed. Instead you allow your feelings of satisfaction to guide you on how much of a Filling & Healthy food you eat.

How often can I have a Filling & Healthy day?
You can choose to have a Filling & Healthy day as often or as little as you like. You might find it especially helpful when you're travelling or on the go, or when you want to mix things up a little.

Will I still lose weight?
We've tested the Filling & Healthy day, and it's been shown to help people lose weight. Consider it an option if you think it'll be a good fit for you, and/or you just can't make tracking a habit (although most people find tracking manageable and many even enjoy it). Don't worry; if you find that the Filling & Healthy day is not for you, you can always switch back to tracking.

The basics for a Filling & Healthy day
Choose a Filling & Healthy day as often or a little as you like. You simply decide which approach to counting you want to take, on a day-by-day basis.
Focus on eating Filling & Healthy foods throughout the day.
Ignore the ProPoints values and portion sizes of any Filling & Healthy foods you eat on this day. Instead use your feelings of satisfaction as your guide to how much to eat.
You should include two teaspoons of healthy oil in your meals and recipes for the day (sunflower, olive, flaxseed, safflower or rapeseed oil) without counting them. If you eat more than two teaspoons of healthy oil during the day, deduct the additional ProPoints values from your weekly ProPoints allowance.
Use your weekly allowance for any non-Filling & Healthy foods you eat during the day.
There are certain drinks, seasonings and condiments you can have in unlimited quantities too such as Coffee and tea, black or with skimmed milk (without sugar), diet fizzy drinks and water.

Why do we call them Filling & Healthy foods?
We refer to them as being 'Filling' because they are low in energy density and so will help you feel satisfied for longer as you lose weight. And they are 'Healthy' due to their higher fibre and/or lower salt, sugar and saturated fat content.

Great value for your ProPoints budget
Filling & Healthy foods help you get the maximum out of your ProPoints budget. Because they help you feel fuller for longer, you're less likely to reach for high ProPoints value snacks to tide you over between meals. And since they're lower in sugar, you're less likely to experience peaks and troughs in your energy levels throughout the day.

Food list

Beans

Aduki, Baked Black Eyed Borlotti Broad Butter Cannellini Flageolet French Green Haricot Kidney Mung Pinto Runner Soya.
Chick Peas
Lentils, Red, Green & Brown Peas, Yellow Split
Pulses, Mixed cooked or canned.

Dairy

Cottage cheese, plain, reduced fat Fromage Frais, very low fat or plain.
Milk Skimmed UHT skimmed fresh
Yogurt 0%fat, Greek Low fat plain Soya, plain Virtually fat free plain
Quark

Dairy alternative

Coconut milk, from the nut Soya milk, unsweetened Soya yogurt, plain

Eggs

White Duck egg Goose egg Hens Quail

Fibre rich carbohydrates

Bread, calorie controlled
Buckwheat
Bulgar Wheat
Cous Cous, wholewheat
Crumpet
Millet
Oat Bran
Oats
Pasta, Wholemeal
Puffed wheat (no added sugar or salt) Quinoa Rice, Brown
Wheat Bran Germ Wholegrain wheat cereal, (similar to Shredded Wheat)

Fish and shellfish

Clams, in brine, drained Cockles
in vinegar, drained Cod Cod, smoked Coley
Crab in vinager drained crab sticks
Crayfish
Dover Sole
Eels, jellied Grouper
Haddock Haddock, smoked Hake
Halibut
Herring Roe, soft Hoki
John Dory
King Prawns Lemon Sole Lobster
Monkfish
Mullet red and grey
Mussels Octopus Orange Roughy Oysters
Pike
Plaice
Pollock
Prawns
Rainbow Trout
Rock Salmon (Huss/Dog Fish) Salmon, fresh
Salmon, pink, canned, drained Salmon, red, canned, drained Sardines
Scallops
Sea Bass Sea Bream Shark Shrimps Skate
Squid Swordfish Tiger Prawns Tilapia
Trout
Trout, smoked
Tuna, fresh
Tuna, in brine, drained
Tuna, in spring water, drained Turbot
Whelks
Whiting
Winkles

Vegetarian alternatives

Quorn Mince Pieces Fillet Soya mince Tofu, regular & smoked

Fruit

ALL including tinned in own juices.

Veg

ALL including potatoes baked, wedges, chips cooked in fry light.

Meat and poultry

Bacon Medallions
Beef Braising Steak, lean Fillet steak, lean Silverside, lean Sirloin Steak, lean Stewing steak, lean
Boar, Wild Buffalo
Chicken breast, skinless, boneless drumstick,skinless leg , skinless mince
Frogs legs
Gammon steak
Goat
Guinea Fowl
Ham, Premium/Wafer Thin Heart, Lambs
Kangaroo, Steak Kidneys lambs and pigs
Lambs heart
Liver Calf Chicken Lamb Ox pigs
Ostrich tenderloin
Partridge
Pigeon
Pork escalope
fillet, lean
joint, shoulder, boneless loin steak, lean
mince, extra lean tenderloin.
Quail
Rabbit
Snails
Turkey breast
skinless, boneless steak
thigh, diced wafer thin
Veal escalope Venison haunch

Jelly

Sugar free

Extra light laughing cows are only 1pp

Some meal ideas

Breakfast

Porridge
Plain oat so simple with skimmed milk, stewed berries, fruit sweetener
Poached egg on calorie controlled bread.
Baked beans on calorie controlled bread toasted
Bacon medallions in calorie controlled bread
Bacon medallions in WW petit pains
Bacon, egg, beans toast etc
Toast with marmite
Shredded wheat with Skimmed milk
Crumpets

Lunch

Jacket potatoes - beans, tuna, sweet corn, lean meatballs
Pasta salad with whole wheat pasta
Pizzas done on WW wraps or WW pittas or WW petit pains
Chips made with fry light, wedges
Chicken wraps with salad
Sandwiches with calorie controlled bread

Dinners

Chicken breasts, lean pork steaks, veggies, potatoes
Lean mince shepherds pie using skimmed milk and no butter
Bolognaise, lean mince, home made tomato sauce with whole wheat pasta
Gammon, egg, home made chips
Pizzas as above
Fillet steak and HM chips
Fajitas with spices, home made salsa chicken breasts or steak
Stews
Casseroles
Pasta bakes with whole wheat pasta
Fish pie

I found that planning helped me on this and I also planned snacks but rarely ate the snacks.

Hope you don't think this list is patronising in any way but it's just ideas to get you started, and sorry if it's a bit messy but I've copied and pasted bits of it.

Any questions ask and I'll try and answer:)

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Tracy thank you so much, the meal ideas are brilliant and exactly what I need :) I'm so surprised and delighted about the beans...that means I can make tex mex beans from my old core cook book...they are so yummy :)

Back